Activision cancels True Crime: Hong Kong

Written by Joe Martin

February 10, 2011 // 10:42 a.m.

Tags: #activision #activision-cancels-true-crime-hong-kong #cancellation #cancelled-games #hong-kong #true-crime #true-crime-hong-kong

Activision has cancelled United Front's True Crime: Hong Kong in a series of culls and cancellations to hit the publisher today.

In a blunt explanation as to why the game had been so abruptly cancelled, Activision Publishing's CEO Eric Hirschberg said that the company just did not have faith in the quality of the title.

'Even our most optimistic internal projections show that continued investment was not going to lead to a title at, or near, the top of the competitive open world genre,' he said.

'In an industry where only the best games in each category are flourishing, to be blunt, it just wasn't going to be good enough.'

'These are tough decisions but we believe they are the right decision being made for the right reasons and they reflect our ongoing commitment to delivering the games that gamers want to play.'

True Crime: Hong Kong was to be an open-world shooter and sequel to 2005's True Crime: New York. It would have launched on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC in Q2 2011.

Let us know your thoughts in the forums.
Discuss this in the forums

QUICK COMMENT

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER

WEEK IN REVIEW

TOP STORIES

SUGGESTED FOR YOU