Top 10 Games Chart

Top 10 Games Chart

Rage and FIFA 12 top the retail charts this week, with Dark Souls making a valiant effort too.

This week we've been around Kew Gardens in London, which was very nice even despite the weather, preparing for a guest slot tonight on BBC Radio 5 and playing Sid Meiers' Pirates! pretty much non-stop. Old games are the best games, right?

Wrong, apparently - new games are way better, as proved by the sales charts below. First, the GameStation retail sales chart...

1. FIFA 12 - All platforms
2. Rage: Anarchy Edition - PC, PS3, Xbox 360
3. Dark Souls: Limited Edition - PS3, Xbox 360
4. Gears of War 3 - Xbox 360
5. Formula One 2011 - PC, PS3, Xbox 360
6. Dead Island - PC, PS3, Xbox 360
7. Deus Ex: Human Revolution - PC, PS3, Xbox 360
8. Ferrari Download - PS3
9. Ico & Shadow of the Colossus Classics Pack - PS3
10. Zumba Fitness - Wii, Xbox 360

And now, here's the Steam daily bestsellers, with discounts marked...

1. Metro 2033 - 75 per cent off
2. THQ Hit Collection - 50 per cent off
3. Rage
4. Dungeon Defenders - 10 per cent off, pre-order
5. Might & Magic: Heroes VI - pre-order
6. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - pre-order
7. Orcs Must Die - Pre-order
8. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Pre-order
9. Dead Island
10. Cities XL 2012 - 10 per cent off, pre-order

What have you been playing? Let us know in the forums.

Vo0Ds 11th October 2011, 12:22 Quote
Pitty BF3 Beta downloads weren't factored in hehe. Actually that raises a games sales question (considering the "why we need origin" article); will we be seeing "top Origin daily bestsellers" on the list any time soon?
damien c 11th October 2011, 12:22 Quote
The only games I am playing at the moment are these.

Crysis 1 and 2
Need For Speed Carbon/ Undercover/ Hot Pursuit
Call Of Duty Modern Warfare/ Modern Warfare 2/ Black Op's Zombies

And a few other's including the original Doom and Quake games on a old pc I have as a server as well.
runadumb 11th October 2011, 12:32 Quote
I bought metro and plan on buying rage and orcs must die at some point. Probably not this year though.
gcwebbyuk 11th October 2011, 14:28 Quote
That THQ Hit deal is pretty good! Shame I own most of the games anyway - I seem to keep missing deals...
yassarikhan786 11th October 2011, 17:04 Quote
I am playing some fairly old games:

Crysis 1.
Far Cry 1.
Assassins Creed .

Newer games I've played recently include:
BF3 Beta.
Dead Island.
Crysis 2.
Fizzban 11th October 2011, 17:20 Quote
ooooh I can have Metro 2033 + Saints Row 2 for £10.40, don't mind if I do.
Eiffie 11th October 2011, 17:45 Quote
Been playing Dark Souls and Ico on PS3 and having a blast. Still waiting for my HoM&M6 to unlock on steam after all these months!
Magizi 11th October 2011, 18:58 Quote
I play SC2 for the most part, mixed with some CoD Black ops.
fdbh96 11th October 2011, 20:12 Quote
Well i just went into CEX and bought crysis, rome total war and race driver grid for £7 so I think I fall into rockin' the old games category
SirFur 12th October 2011, 00:27 Quote
The chronicles of riddick : assault on dark athena

have doom 2 on steam and am messing on it occasionally

civ 4: beyond the sword
Sloth 12th October 2011, 00:38 Quote
Glad to see both Dark Souls and the ICO+Shadow of of the Colossus pack doing so well. Great games which show that consoles don't have to be used exclusively for $60 sequels with 6 hours of gameplay.
Grimloon 12th October 2011, 00:58 Quote
Dead Island from the new list, other than that it's just WoT, a little bit of Guild Wars and Supreme Commander.
Bauul 13th October 2011, 14:53 Quote
By the by, ChartTrack have the official best sellers list here:

Pretty similar to the Gamestop retail list though.
bigkingfun 15th October 2011, 20:24 Quote
Originally Posted by Magizi
I play SC2 for the most part, mixed with some CoD Black ops.

Best Sim City game ever! ;)