Phinix Cube by Mike Krysztofiak

geoboy333 2nd December 2009, 11:21 Quote
that is one of the best mods i've ever seen as its not mod and so much thought has gone into it. that is by far the most impressive piece of work i've seen in a long time.that made my day!
Xtrafresh 2nd December 2009, 11:31 Quote
Congrats on the well-deserved front page coverage and the finished project. It must be a joy to use ;)
capnPedro 2nd December 2009, 11:38 Quote
It's a shame that it had to be sold off. (Did anyone take the offer? It's a great case!)
Yemerich 2nd December 2009, 12:25 Quote
Well, what can I say that's was not said before?
It's a true inspiration!

Thank you for sharing your art with us!
cgthomas 2nd December 2009, 12:25 Quote
such an amazing mod. Great work.
It's a shame that Noctua fans come in this colour, have you thought about replacing those?
I recommend Sharkoon 1000 rpm. They Look better for clear cases and offers better cfm and lower noise. I have replaced 2 Noctua's with them and haven't looked back ever since.
batfink 2nd December 2009, 14:45 Quote
If by classic style you mean 80s Gerry Andersen style, then YES! Looks like one of those evil Terrahawks cubes to me.

Skip to 2 min in this aptly Xmas-themed clip if you don't know what i'm on aboot:

Thacrudd 2nd December 2009, 16:39 Quote
Simply stunning. This deserved front page! Very professional and looks nice and sturdy.
stonedsurd 2nd December 2009, 16:42 Quote
Among the most stunning and engrossing builds on the logs forum. It was a pleasure following it ;)
DAVEtheRAVE 2nd December 2009, 17:10 Quote
Stunning!
Good to see it on the frontpage.
brinkz0r 2nd December 2009, 23:09 Quote
Congrats on the third frontpage article of this case ;) And now you've got your well deserved article, the MOTY nomination is in the bag :)
It was nice to see two cases as your influences which influenced me a lot also, and especially the led strips remind me of Hypercube2
knyghtryda 3rd December 2009, 03:03 Quote
Definitely applaud the effort even though the style isn't to my taste, but hey, this is custom, so I say anything goes as long as the maker is happy. Major Kudos! All I can say is it looks a hell of a lot better than my current custom watercooling rig...
phinix 3rd December 2009, 09:43 Quote
Guys, thank you all for your kind words! I also liked this crazy 2 years and the final result.
It gives so much pleasure and make you proud that something that you've made is so popular and liked by so many! Amazing feeling! That is why I will continue my modding adventure and hope you guys gonna like next projects! ;)

Thank you Richard for putting it all together, nice article!
Loom 5th December 2009, 08:33 Quote
Well done phinix and sorry about your dad. If the cube is still for sale it would be good if it could be added at the end of the article.
toesy 14th December 2009, 23:28 Quote
A fantastic build and so much effort, well done phinix.

Has given me plenty of ideas for my current mod.