Dreamhack Winter 2005 Preview

GoTaLL 17th November 2005, 18:57 Quote
be sure if you get there, come by and say hi.. :)
Big SturL 17th November 2005, 18:57 Quote
:( I want to go there! I live at the westcoast of Norway, and that's only about... 1000km away!
yodasarmpit 17th November 2005, 18:58 Quote
That is some beautiful engraving work.
Hamish 17th November 2005, 19:10 Quote
i hate to think what the power setup is like in there :o
M_D_K 17th November 2005, 20:37 Quote
nice work :) thats quite a mission he took on there :), nic ebig geek fest going on :D. Can't wait for the update :)

Nice work

Morgan.
Hans Voralberg 17th November 2005, 21:35 Quote
He should have the title of Engraving God :D
Infraggable Krunk 17th November 2005, 21:44 Quote
whats the deal with EVERY case having engraving though ???

not saying its a bad thing but seems like its a big trend nowadays

nice cases btw
Shadowed_fury 17th November 2005, 21:50 Quote
Gotta love the Kill Bill case, the blood splatters look damn impressive.
eek 17th November 2005, 21:53 Quote
Those cases are awesome!

I can't beleive the quality of that Kill Bill case after just 6 hours!!!!! It has to be my fav!

Now make me one ;) :P
GoTaLL 17th November 2005, 21:53 Quote
im going to do engravings at DreamHack and it kinda falls right to show cases with engravings and what can be done.
mattthegamer463 17th November 2005, 23:02 Quote
i like the cases, they all look quite good, but i think that maybe they were too rushed. with more time they could all have had some more things done to them. like that looney toons one. all it had were some engravings. very good engravings, mind you, but it could have been more elaborated on. but we're all slaves to the clock, so that never happened. good job though, i like the work.

that gives me an idea for a tv show. give 2 teams each a case and give them 12 hours or 24 hours to mod it as best they can, almost like monster garage except less time. id watch it.
The_Pope 18th November 2005, 01:51 Quote
XFX tried that idea with their "Extreme PC Garage" but it appears to have died after just one episode
Rd52 18th November 2005, 02:56 Quote
wow i wish i could go i wish we had alot of local lans here in my city. btw i love that killbill case
drinn 18th November 2005, 14:18 Quote
Poor lights in Dreamhack :D Damn, that I couldn't get there in the summer when I was in Motala. Parents participated to some kind of cycling competition there so they couldn't throw me to Jönköping :( (something about 100km that way from Motala if I remember right)

It would been nice to make an article which criticizes the differences between Assembly and Dreamhack :)

Btw, nice & simple cases ;)
MightyMouse 18th November 2005, 22:21 Quote
I think that The Gathering in Hamar in Norway holds the rekord for biggest lan pary actually. But I havent been paying attention the last few years so Dreamhack might have passed them.
The version that I heard was that the first year of dreamhack they were bigger then TG but the next year TG took the record back.
GoTaLL 18th November 2005, 22:34 Quote
last dreamhack winter took guiness record for biggest lan :)
_ferry_ 22nd November 2005, 19:48 Quote
Originally Posted by mattthegamer463

A few weeks ago i did something like that in holland. 3 teams ( Holland, belgium, germany) witch consist of 2 men wich had 2 day's to create a demo PC. It wasn't on TV, but on a computer show. It was a good commercial for casemodding ;) i think people are getting infected on that way with casemodding.

Oh, and i recognized the 2 stackers from something hehe ;)
The_Pope 22nd November 2005, 23:07 Quote
Got any photos, video of that _ferry_ ?
Klekkus 1st December 2005, 18:07 Quote
Have you heard about the World record in 3Dmark05, it was taken live there by Overklokk and Kinc

From here there are som more pic's