bit-tech.net

Blackmesa HL²

Comments 1 to 25 of 1287

Reply
Sparrowhawk 24th February 2004, 15:51 Quote
Niiice. Looks like you are off to a good start. ;)
Oh, what kind of flat panel monitor is that back there? That Aluminum looking one.
piloux 24th February 2004, 15:54 Quote
http://users.skynet.be/fa024582/mod4/blackmesa7.jpg

you can see the differents area I have paint :

- yellow : primer paint
- green the result with the oxidant paint
- red the copper
- blue copper with steel base color

http://users.skynet.be/fa024582/mod4/blackmesa8.jpg

you can see the grain due to the steel base paint

http://users.skynet.be/fa024582/mod4/blackmesa9.jpg

the copper I paint with a brush

http://users.skynet.be/fa024582/mod4/blackmesa11.jpg

http://users.skynet.be/fa024582/mod4/blackmesa12.jpg


the effect is very different according to the laps time between the 2 different paints

finally I m going to paint it with the last effect

thenn I paint the dvd drive :

http://users.skynet.be/fa024582/mod4/blackmesa13.jpg

steel base paint and 2 coats with the oxidant :

http://users.skynet.be/fa024582/mod4/blackmesa14.jpg

the same work with the frame :

http://users.skynet.be/fa024582/mod4/blackmesa15.jpg

http://users.skynet.be/fa024582/mod4/blackmesa16.jpg
Visualaid 24th February 2004, 15:56 Quote
the drives look schweet!
piloux 24th February 2004, 15:56 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrowhawk
Niiice. Looks like you are off to a good start. ;)
Oh, what kind of flat panel monitor is that back there? That Aluminum looking one.


thank you ;)


this is not a flat panel monitor , it s just an acrylic side panel with a cut aluminium window I made for another case I builded
piloux 24th February 2004, 15:59 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visualaid
the drives look schweet!

yes , the rustiness color is more yellow because of the flash but in reality it is really good rust effect
ReFredzRate 24th February 2004, 16:03 Quote
It's not my style, but neither is that sweet black/transparent thing you built ;) I bet you can make it look pretty sweeeeeeet!!!
piloux 24th February 2004, 16:09 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReFredzRate
It's not my style, but neither is that sweet black/transparent thing you built ;) I bet you can make it look pretty sweeeeeeet!!!


I hope so :D

this is a really different style, but it is according with the theme ;)
Soulfly22583 24th February 2004, 16:13 Quote
Wow, simply wow.

The drive looks amazing, you can be assured that ill be watching this piece.
Shadowed_fury 24th February 2004, 16:21 Quote
VERY NICE, good job on the drives. its gonna take a while but this is gonna look awesome, good luck! ;)
Zilly 24th February 2004, 16:22 Quote
I really, really like the look!
Can't wait to see how it all turns out!
Starbuck3733T 24th February 2004, 17:35 Quote
Your rust effect is GREAT!

Looking forward to seeing the rest.
TheOnlyAndromeda 24th February 2004, 18:20 Quote
Oh wow I am religious or I would use another word

I am going to watch this.

Darn it you stole my idea.

I was just about to do the same thing
Le Tordu 24th February 2004, 19:09 Quote
Yeah, Piloux's back !!

Your rustiness look (-and-feel ?) is quite amazing ! ;) Will the case be totally "yellow" as the wallpaper is or will you use other colors ? Maybe a "standard red" rustiness effect on the radioactive tubes

En tout cas, bonne chance !
Nexxo 24th February 2004, 19:12 Quote
I like. I like a lot! Nice to see another piece of art coming up! ;)

PS can I have a close up of the waterblock? Doesn't look familiar, what is it?
The_Resetter 24th February 2004, 19:20 Quote
Oooow another project log from my m8 Piloux ;)

The drive looks astonishing just perfect !! I love it :D

Cant wait to see more, but by my guesses this one is going to be as good as the previous case (if not even better )

Ow and do you mind telling me what kind of paints u use, I might consider this effect on my next project.
piloux 24th February 2004, 19:20 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tordu
Yeah, Piloux's back !!

Your rustiness look (-and-feel ?) is quite amazing ! ;) Will the case be totally "yellow" as the wallpaper is or will you use other colors ? Maybe a "standard red" rustiness effect on the radioactive tubes

En tout cas, bonne chance !

well, the case will be totally rusty but I ll make some orange UV reactive plexi pieces to give it the look :D
piloux 24th February 2004, 19:23 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexxo
I like. I like a lot! Nice to see another piece of art coming up! ;)

PS can I have a close up of the waterblock? Doesn't look familiar, what is it?

of course here it is :

http://users.skynet.be/fa024582/mod4/block5.JPG

this is a Derfone's block, a french guy who sell some good stuff on the nokytech.net forum, I like his job :)
piloux 24th February 2004, 19:30 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resetter
Oooow another project log from my m8 Piloux ;)

The drive looks astonishing just perfect !! I love it :D

Cant wait to see more, but by my guesses this one is going to be as good as the previous case (if not even better )

Ow and do you mind telling me what kind of paints u use, I might consider this effect on my next project.

hi resetter ;) here is the paint I use :


http://users.skynet.be/fa024582/mod4/blackmesa6.jpg

this is Instant Iron base coat and instant rust antquing solution, the label is "modern options" I think it is a french product
Darv 24th February 2004, 19:38 Quote
Wow I've always liked the idea of a rust scheme paint job but never thought it would look too good.

You've proved me wrong! Keep up the good work ;)
piloux 24th February 2004, 19:45 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darv
Wow I've always liked the idea of a rust scheme paint job but never thought it would look too good.

You've proved me wrong! Keep up the good work ;)

When the case will be whole paint i ll post pics without flash , the flash give it a too yellow aspect to my mind , I ask myself if I have to use glossy varnish or not to give it a "wet" look...
fillip 24th February 2004, 19:49 Quote
this is looking good!!
that rust effect has come out really well considering its from a can and not air brushed.
Shame that waterblock is french - it looks so purdy!!! :D
I'd love one of them.
.: Fillip :.
Providence 24th February 2004, 19:58 Quote
Yeah, that looks much better than other worn case looks. I really like what you've done with the drive. Are you going to cut a window to show off the drive or no?

And is this going to be a gaming PC, with the means to run HL2? If so, I would wait to buy the parts until after HL2 comes out, so you can get some nicer components. PCI Express comes out in March, HL2 in April, so if I were you, I'd wait.

Perhaps finish the case before buying the parts? It looks awesome, great job man.
piloux 24th February 2004, 20:09 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Providence
Yeah, that looks much better than other worn case looks. I really like what you've done with the drive. Are you going to cut a window to show off the drive or no?

And is this going to be a gaming PC, with the means to run HL2? If so, I would wait to buy the parts until after HL2 comes out, so you can get some nicer components. PCI Express comes out in March, HL2 in April, so if I were you, I'd wait.

Perhaps finish the case before buying the parts? It looks awesome, great job man.


yes it is a gaming pc because my darkcrystal case is too heavy , for now I m building the case and I will buy the components later, it depend of my financial situation but I would like an Athlon 64 system into it:D
KONIJN 24th February 2004, 21:05 Quote
i love that rust effect

oh and one thing isn't that psu a little bit small
i would get 350w or more
kestrel 24th February 2004, 21:19 Quote
wow, that rust look is killer!
i have an HL2 lit logo that i made for the side of my case but its nothing compared to the entire HL theme your doing.
my HL2 logo
Im gonna keep that rust technique in the back of my head in case i use it in a future project, you dont mind do you?
Log in

You are not logged in, please login with your forum account below. If you don't already have an account please register to start contributing.



Discuss in the forums