Orac³ Part 2

daniel_owen_uk 21st October 2003, 17:52 Quote
Any reason why the last page has a next button that takes you to a blank page?

Could you not change it to a home button?

Oh and cant miss another opportunity to say

Yo-DUH_87 21st October 2003, 17:55 Quote
Originally posted by daniel_owen_uk
Any reason why the last page has a next button that takes you to a blank page?

Beat me too it, I was thinking that was quite strange myself ;)

Very nice work, can't wait until it gets finished!
G-gnome 22nd October 2003, 02:52 Quote
Originally posted by daniel_owen_uk
Any reason why the last page has a next button that takes you to a blank page?

Could you not change it to a home button?

Oh and cant miss another opportunity to say

Wha...wha...what!? What did you and and 'Tiny' do to my article? Hmm? Sucked the words up when you looked at 'em?

j/k :D

It's not really some cunning Bit-Tech competition/IQ test ;) . The article was originally 10 pages and got crunched to nine. The tenth page being left was my stupid fault - an oversight I shall remedy when one of the other staff get online (G-gnome = html numpty). Anyway, props to you for reading to the end! You both deserve a *hug*

*hug*

cue uplifting orchestral strings...

;)
Mat-d-Rat 22nd October 2003, 08:49 Quote
Have to say that is some serious class work, you must have the patience of a saint!
Stop 23rd October 2003, 12:53 Quote
It would be cool to have a transparent mobo to go with it.
Atomic 23rd October 2003, 13:09 Quote
wait and see what's happening to the mobo... can you say stealth?
cpemma 23rd October 2003, 21:02 Quote
We used to call that Rolls-Royce engineering - ultimate quality & attention to detail.

Bet your kitchen units have all the doors on straight. ;)
penski 23rd October 2003, 21:21 Quote
Ours aren't :(

Stupid squint-eyed geordie landlord...

*n
Tim S 24th October 2003, 15:18 Quote
quite fantastic! ;)
essjaytee 26th October 2003, 17:24 Quote
Completely and totally rediculous.

It's shaping up the be the most impressive project we have ever seen here on Bit.
M3NT4L 9th November 2003, 02:37 Quote
And where is the third part?? When is that coming, I wanna see, I have been checking the site regulary to see if it is out yet

Please hurry
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sweet mod by the way
Nigel 15th November 2003, 19:32 Quote
Very nice work going on here! I come from an engineering back ground and I feel right at home with this one.

I don't usually like clear cases myself, but if it has to be done then this is the way to go. Just seeing the standard ATX bits and bobs "naked" as it were, is a bit pointless to my mind. Going with a hi-tech theme like this though is a fresh new approach and one I like a lot.

Bet you spent some serious money here though

Keep up the great work.
Alterscape 16th November 2003, 20:47 Quote
Any chance you could point us in the direction of the suppliers you used to get some of the more unique components used in this mod -- the hex bolts, nifty LED mounts, rubber surrounds, etc? Also, the neon perspex.. I know this is a very n00bish question, but I'm new to the casemod scene and have yet to establish any knowledge of where to get most of the components. I already have a pretty well stocked wood/metalshop at my disposal, but.. raw materials for this sort of work, I'm sketchy on. I've looked through the suppliers links over in the casemod forum, but there's a lot of info there and I wouldn't mind hearing the preferences of someone who's so obviously got the casemod thing figured out.

BTW, keep up the good work. I can't wait to see what you make of the mobo/pci cards/etc in Part III.

[edit]Yes, I'm located on the other side of the pond. I'm not familiar with ordering overseas, but I presume it can be done, or I can find equivilants around here..[/edit]
The_Sub 17th November 2003, 02:39 Quote
I have been doing a little research for suppliers of acrylic and associated materials. So far I have come up with two suppliers on "this side of the big pond" I don't know the quality of thier materials, though "Delvies Plastics" was mentioned in one of the articles here at bit tech. I can not remember which one it was. Here are the links to the suppliers I have found to be reasonble in pricing....

Like I said, I am not familiar with thier materials and such, but it is a starting point for those of us in the States. Hope this helps.....

The_Sub

-- Okay.. Found the article.. It was the VesperDeco HTPC project. Which, BTW, is a cool case.. --
G-gnome 18th November 2003, 01:23 Quote
Originally posted by Alterscape

Hey there, welcome to the forums! :)

It's a bit difficult to answer this as most of these smaller bits and pieces weren't ordered online but from local electronics shops and other suppliers here in Australia. There isn't any truly easy way to find a lot of this stuff - google searches, modding sites/forums can only help so much. Looking in the yellow pages or visiting local suppliers (and asking them to point you further to other things you want) is a good way to go. It takes time and work, but you can usually find everything that modding sites have locally for much cheaper.

For plastics, the links above are very good. Also try 'Plastics Fabricators' or suppliers in the yellow pages.

My nuts and bolts were from a local place that does stainless steel marine fittings and balcony railings.

Electronics places in the US have a lot more than here - Farnells come to mind. Even Radioshack might have useful stuff.

I discuss most of where I got everything (and you can see the project well advanced from the article) in the Project Logs Forums . At the start of the thread is also a link to Part-1 of the Project.

These aren't the articles but the actual worklogs. A lot of questions are asked and answered throughout that don't appear in the articles.

G-gnome 18th November 2003, 01:28 Quote
Originally posted by M3NT4L

Please hurry
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sweet mod by the way

The third Article isn't out but the project is well advanced and can be viewed in the project logs forums here (use the thumbnails at the top of the first page to navigate to the various updates).
M3NT4L 29th November 2003, 01:13 Quote
thankyou for replying
any plans on putting it into atomicmpc magazine hotbox??

(i'm an englishman lost in australia :D )
G-gnome 1st December 2003, 11:20 Quote
Originally posted by M3NT4L
thankyou for replying
any plans on putting it into atomicmpc magazine hotbox??

(i'm an englishman lost in australia :D )

Yup. As soon as it's done. :)
M3NT4L 2nd December 2003, 01:40 Quote