Orac³ Part 1

batsman 7th October 2003, 22:08 Quote

mmmm shinny

thats some proper good engineering there, wish i had some space at home for some decent tools and working area, could then try some mods like that.

very nice, looking forward to see it with all the components in.

its like a sort of 70's sci fi squidy (matrix) Hybrid, very good
Yo-DUH_87 7th October 2003, 22:17 Quote
Yahoo!!

Can't wait until the next installments ;)

Is the article going to be seperated into many bits like the project log, or one bit mondo article?
webchimp 8th October 2003, 01:31 Quote
Nice job! Just the self-awareness left to sort out.

Sadly, I think you've completely lost the "Orac effect" by building something far superior to the original crummy plastic box with a half dozen fairy lights. You're going to have to back off the quality control by a considerable margin to achieve that authentic 70's BBC special effects department look. :D
G-gnome 8th October 2003, 05:55 Quote
Originally posted by Yo-DUH_87
Yahoo!!

Can't wait until the next installments ;)

Similar to the logs but I'll be reorganising images and text and combining updates together etc.

The next installment has been written and should be out soon ;)

Cheers for the comments!

djengiz 8th October 2003, 09:55 Quote
Maybe some nixie lamps?
micb 8th October 2003, 14:47 Quote
I really like that case, the chrome go so well with the plexy, all those custom connestions look stunning.

I would like to see that in real life.
Jester 8th October 2003, 19:53 Quote
I'm speechless. It looks so, so, so good.

It's going to be so damned good it'll be a shame to have to put a motherboard in it. It'd be like putting a poo-smeared post-it note in the middle of the Mona Lisa.

Sheer class work, you are my personal jesus.
T[H]umper 8th October 2003, 20:01 Quote
OMG. You Bit's are amazing.

First the Vesper now this.

Wow... simply amazing.
crapito 8th October 2003, 20:14 Quote
this is, by far, the most inticate, detailed, complex, and wonderful computer case mod i've EVER seen... ! congrats on your project. i can't image the man-hours involved in this... whoa...

btw: i actually registered on this forum simply so i could post my appreciation of this mod. you should be proud... :)
eddie_dane 8th October 2003, 20:19 Quote
Originally posted by crapito

We don't care what brings you here so long as you enjoy... welcome.
pranks7er 8th October 2003, 23:37 Quote
liking the chrome

gloooowy and shinnnney ;)
[GiB] Spawny 9th October 2003, 00:42 Quote
I love the chrome and what you have done so far. Posted with great interest. The first instalment was great and looks set to be a new bench mark for modders to aim for.
Chrommonky 12th October 2003, 21:29 Quote
thats incredible...i love it, just wish i coulda thought of that myself,

CHROMmonky<----

props, nice job
Atomic 12th October 2003, 21:32 Quote
Originally posted by [GiB] Spawny
It's certainly a new chapter in the history of modding!

The bar has been raised (way above my head)
batsman 18th October 2003, 18:00 Quote
Its in this months pcf page 150 :D
G-gnome 19th October 2003, 14:07 Quote
PCformat isn't that common in Australia :(

Any chance someone might be able to email me a scan of the page/article? :)
sheardjr 19th October 2003, 14:32 Quote
Its just a little boxout in the corner.

CONSULT THE ORACLE
My favourate mod this month has to be the ORAC, created by G-gnome. Hailed by some as the new modding messiah, and his work is allready up for mod of the year, this is truly some exeptional work that you must see. After all, anything basedon the classic Brit sci-fi Blake's 7 has to be good, right?

And there is a top-down pikky.
G-gnome 20th October 2003, 08:36 Quote
Thanks for that sheardjr :)

TimmerUK 17th December 2003, 13:25 Quote
Just found the bit-tech site and....oh my god...you have far too much time on you hands and that mad scientist brain of yours seems to have been effected by Borg nanoprobes...a most impressive modding experience for me. You have set the bar extremely high and we haven't even seen the finished article yet...

Mod on
Timmer
G-gnome 17th December 2003, 22:56 Quote
Welcome to the forums Timmer! :)

Me mad? Never...bwuhuhuhuhhhaaaaaa!
Sc0rian 20th January 2004, 17:49 Quote
G-gnome, omg.....come on dude. When will it be done. Like it's taking years to put a mobo in and some water?. I want to see the end result. Not loads of people posting stuff. Come on dude i wanna see the end;)
Golden-1 23rd January 2004, 16:00 Quote
Does anyone else find it a little Freaky that EnerMax are now putting Orac3 Stlye Braiding on their new Power supplies?

What's next Coolermaster "ZapWizard" Premod Cases?
David_Fitzy 24th January 2004, 12:19 Quote
Originally Posted by Jester

This is where g-gnome magic stealthing is going to come in to play, I can't wait to see it finished.

I would like to know what keyboard, mouse monitor and speakers are going to be used (Some nice beige ones )

PS G-gnome, what did you think of my monitor and speaker suggestions in your project log http://forums.bit-tech.net/showpost.php?p=508075&postcount=1209
gzed 5th February 2004, 09:36 Quote
Excellent work .looks brilliant. ;)

Has the author estimated the cost of such a case?
Mace 5th February 2004, 16:27 Quote
Man, this could possibly the bittech mod of the year for next year :o It's amazing what you can do with plexiglass