Project Culance

Jamie 14th August 2003, 13:54 Quote
I'm not a little bird!
moose 14th August 2003, 14:09 Quote
Originally posted by Spike
I'm not a little bird!
You're just here for the yule log! ;)
Bindibadgi 14th August 2003, 14:46 Quote
Top top work as usual! ;)

Good job!

I know you had todo it within some constraints you explained in the first page, but id move the top rad setup somewhere else perhaps cause i really dont like it there. :o
trifin 14th August 2003, 17:07 Quote
really nice work...

i like the that it was produced on a budget - should give inspiration to many :)

(i do like the chrome version alot btw)
BioSniper 14th August 2003, 18:06 Quote
very well done on that. looks so much better than the original, and considering I dont like those cases either its plain amazing
Mat-d-Rat 14th August 2003, 19:45 Quote
Nice one, I prefer the chromed as well...
Dredog 14th August 2003, 20:14 Quote
Great job!!! However, I also prefer the chrome look. It's kinda hard to tell from the pictures but it doesn't seem like you got a smooth finish w/ the vinyl paint. Is it just me or does it have a texture to it?
codeflux 14th August 2003, 20:17 Quote
please please please go with chrome - that copper/gold look is so out of place! awesome work - i was watching that project in the forums as you were working on it and i'm glad you've written this article up. great job! :)
AmiMoJo 14th August 2003, 22:56 Quote
Nice work, it looks really nice! Some good pictures and info on technique too, thanks.

A couple of questions - how long did it take and what do you estimate was the overall cost of the mods?

MoJo
Yo-DUH_87 15th August 2003, 00:59 Quote
Very nice article, I enjoyed the project log whilest it was happening, and I enjoyed the article just as much...

I never realy did like the copper tubing, but that is just my personal tastes. Still an awesome case ;)
KMS-oul 15th August 2003, 01:12 Quote
Sweet Job. The the blue fan contol is so stunning yet looks simple to make. I may have ago at doing something similar if i can be arsed.
Miku 15th August 2003, 12:35 Quote
I like the copper much- much more. Awesome case
Mutton 15th August 2003, 21:21 Quote
Very Very nice.

I think the copper clashes with the brushed steel though.
IMO either use the chrome pipes or stain the silver bits to match the copper. Preferably the latter.

Im sure it took a lot of time and effort and it certainly shows in the quality of it all.
AmiMoJo 16th August 2003, 01:10 Quote
Hmm... it says "discussion" but I don't see much of that. Perhaps it's time for a "mindless congratulations" forum, like on the XBox ctrl site? :D

MoJo
trifin 16th August 2003, 13:41 Quote
lol ... fair comment but be careful there are some round here who don't take kindly to discussions...:p
fev 16th August 2003, 14:10 Quote
it can be safely said that is an amazing case
I'm starting up my own wee lil project in the up coming week.. after thursday's GCSE results at least
mod-ern man 16th August 2003, 15:36 Quote
Terrific job as usual macro, although I prefer the chrome tubes. And btw, has anyone found a product that will actually strip the paint from steel cases????? what process do these guys use anyway???

Cheers
fev 16th August 2003, 15:37 Quote
normal paint stripper does the job :P i use a heat gun as well.. speeds up the process a bit..
mod-ern man 16th August 2003, 16:32 Quote
I have an Aopen HX08, and have had no luck stripping with a couple brands of differet paint strippers, acetone, or laquer thinner. None of the above causes any reaction, even over long periods of time. (though the case is really clean now) Any chemists out there who could suggest a home brew chemical cocktail?
ManCo 16th August 2003, 20:49 Quote
Errrrm

Wow :)

/me drools
Atomic 17th August 2003, 11:42 Quote
I felt the copper gave a more "heavy industrial" look
Certainly gives it a mean mofo look :D
Iceman 18th August 2003, 22:15 Quote
Awesome as per usual Macro, supebly finished. I feel ashamed to work with such people and have never even used a dremel ;)
bsodmike 20th August 2003, 08:58 Quote
macro,

its been close to a year now and you have yet to finish the macro black article!!!

Good job.
ConKbot of Doom 20th August 2003, 18:30 Quote
Originally posted by mod-ern man

1 Mole nitric acid

as for the case, I like the crome look also.
heero 26th August 2003, 08:35 Quote
Chrome looks better... why not use steel rods and give them the same brushed finish?

Don't mean to nitpic but I think you should center the fans behind the front grille, just cut a big rectangle where the fans are now and build your own bracket out of that tinted acrylic :)

Anyhow... sweeeeeet case