Lian-Li Mods, GOO style.

Jamie 24th June 2002, 22:05 Quote
:D

Now we can all copy
GreatOldOne 24th June 2002, 22:13 Quote
Bang goes my exclusivity.... :D

Hah - wait til you see the floppy I've got planned!
Iamgoodyy 24th June 2002, 22:15 Quote
I never thought PowerPoint could be used in Modding, man was I wrong. Top Notch work.
jazzzyj 24th June 2002, 22:21 Quote
Man - I am soooo impressed! looks very cool!
looks like some of the very class winamp skins - but real! :D
:: Dugy :: 25th June 2002, 00:17 Quote
very very very nice m8, excellent job B)
z4114 25th June 2002, 04:26 Quote
Wow, thats a fine peice of work you've got there. Where do you people get such inspiration?
Mat-d-Rat 25th June 2002, 08:47 Quote
Damn that is SOOO sweet - I must really change my Juno for something with a metal tinge to it!!
[GiB] Spawny 25th June 2002, 09:06 Quote
Macro nailed the plexi title and you have done the same to the Ali title. To do something different is hard, to be on the money with an idea is impossible, but you have done both!

Weldone and thanks, you've made my day :D
flibble666 25th June 2002, 09:08 Quote
pure class gotta nick some of these idears for my coming soonly pc60 nice one mate
GreatOldOne 25th June 2002, 09:12 Quote
Originally posted by Mat-d-Rat

Ahhh - now we know where the LCDC profits will be going.... :D

Thanks for all the compliments - Ego getting close to bursting!;)
Daneo 25th June 2002, 12:44 Quote
your ego wont be bursting when you see about 50 of those kinda mods in the next year ;)

great work, creative idea on a budget :)
thb 25th June 2002, 12:47 Quote
very nice article, just need to do the floppy and then you are sorted.

thb
thb 26th June 2002, 11:59 Quote
just thought of another thing you could do.

Instead of mounitng the plexi in your window on the inside of the case, why not mount it on the outside of your case like the plexi on the front of the case.

just an idea...

thb
Qbank 26th June 2002, 23:33 Quote
verry nice verry clean and verry profesional
funy 27th June 2002, 07:49 Quote
Originally posted by GreatOldOne
Bang goes my exclusivity.... :D

Hah - wait til you see the floppy I've got planned!

Man that is one sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet case!

:D

I was always wondering if it was a good idea to mount an lcd using the 2 bay covers on a lan-li, now i know it looks the nuts!

Just gotta get me an lcd... :)
TrumpetSteve 5th July 2002, 05:40 Quote
/me searches frantically through Pricewatch for the lowest priced Lian-Li. Thanks for drawing the line for me to step over, been wanting to get a new case for about 2 months now and have been leaning towards a Lian-Li.

Greeeat Job. its cheap, and clean. :)
GreatOldOne 9th July 2002, 11:18 Quote
Floppy mod has been done now, you can see pics Here
macroman 12th July 2002, 19:56 Quote
The article has been updated to include the latest mods. HERE
Lazy 12th July 2002, 20:39 Quote
spankey :D
Lovah 18th July 2002, 00:47 Quote
Well , all I wanted to say

is that I love what uve done with the Lian Li case !!!

but the Stealth floppy drive ... really sux !

Sorry .. but I really dislike what you did with it ..

its so UNpractical .. and just .. sucky

Not that I could do better or something ..

but other than that , its great !

I love the LCD

Just wanted to say what I thought

bye
GreatOldOne 18th July 2002, 09:12 Quote
Hmmm - well, Lovah, that's your opinion, and you're welcome to it. Of course I'll beg to differ :p :D

As for the practicality - I don't actually use my floppy for much these days, hence the stealth. It saves on having to hook one up just to flash the bios, but keeps the front cover of the case 'clean' IMHO. It takes a couple of seconds to remove the cover, and then you use the floppy as normal. ( Even the missus can do it!:D )

Ah well - I suppose it just goes to show that you can't please all of the people all of the time....:D
Mat-d-Rat 18th July 2002, 09:26 Quote
I don't think it's the IDEAL solution however considering I use the floppy (well LS120) once a month tops, that would be a fine method for me as well... Now what can you stealth in those other two bays? maybe a can cooler with a Beer in it!!
GreatOldOne 18th July 2002, 09:49 Quote
Hmmmm - couple of pelts' to chill the bay...... Hmmm

Stop It !:D
Lovah 18th July 2002, 11:09 Quote
Originally posted by GreatOldOne

Yeah , U cant please everyone at the same time ..

But , your right , in your case , its a pretty good solution !! , but I would have lost the stealth bay cover after a day or two ...

So I would have made a little door (might be difficult.. but I think possible)

but anyway --> Great mod :D
flibble666 19th July 2002, 15:59 Quote
u probly did say in the artical but wot diamitor lenth are the bolts used........................

i am dislexic