bit-tech.net

Seasonic M12D SS-850W PSU

Comments 1 to 6 of 6

Reply
g3n3tiX 19th March 2009, 17:21 Quote
Nice one.
I'm still happy with my dark power pro 750 I bought a month ago. Their service is incredibly good (free number, rep is in my country, very friendly and knowledgeable) and the noise is inexistent.
Htr-Labs 19th March 2009, 20:24 Quote
-
Bindibadgi 19th March 2009, 20:46 Quote
The M12D specifically is only available in 750W and 850W versions. There are similar models now with those modular connectors but the efficiency won't be so high and they will use ADDA fans not SD. :)
cpemma 19th March 2009, 21:55 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindibadgi
The M12D specifically is only available in 750W and 850W versions. There are similar models now with those modular connectors but the efficiency won't be so high and they will use ADDA fans not SD. :)
I was looking at the M12-2 430W a while back, seemed better bang/buck than the 450W modular Corsair, but it seems to have gone unobtainium. :'(

But they're pretty efficient,
Quote:
Seasonic M12ll series is 80Plus certified with efficiency greater than 80% at 20%, 50% and 100% system loads and has a power factor correction of 0.99pf. Additionally, these power supplies are double forward converter circuit design populated with high durability industrial grade 105’C capacitors to further enhance performance, efficiency and reliability of the M12II series
I bet a whole packet of cookies an OTT PSU wastes more heat than one sensibly sized.
Bindibadgi 19th March 2009, 22:33 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpemma
I bet a whole packet of cookies an OTT PSU wastes more heat than one sensibly sized.

I'll take that bag of cookies then, because at 20% load (170W) the M12D 850W is 86+% efficient.
cpemma 19th March 2009, 23:05 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindibadgi
I'll take that bag of cookies then, because at 20% load (170W) the M12D 850W is 86+% efficient.
And your article (or rather the chart on p5) shows smaller supplies, say half the size at double the load, would have higher efficiencies. Go to the OTT 1000W PSU and the effect is even more marked.
Log in

You are not logged in, please login with your forum account below. If you don't already have an account please register to start contributing.



Discuss in the forums