bit-tech.net

Corsair TX750W PSU

Comments 1 to 25 of 26

Reply
|SNR|Codman 19th February 2008, 08:47 Quote
I got this PSU a couple of weeks ago. It looks really sweet in my black Tsunami case, its quiet too compared to my old Hyper PSU.
It's having an easy ride for now, but will get more of a work-out when I get another 8800GT alphadog and go SLI.
wuyanxu 19th February 2008, 09:19 Quote
me wants!

but for all single card configuration, surly a 620w is enough?? even for 9800Gx2?
Mankz 19th February 2008, 09:29 Quote
A very good PSU. I have nothing but priase for my 520W version.

Having said that, I'd wait for the modular version, or the 1000W one.
naokaji 19th February 2008, 10:07 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuyanxu
me wants!

but for all single card configuration, surly a 620w is enough?? even for 9800Gx2?

yup, the 620W version will be enough.
Ending Credits 19th February 2008, 10:22 Quote
This would be a no-brainer for me if it was modular. Still want one though.
Jipa 19th February 2008, 10:24 Quote
Damn those results are impressive! Corsair really know what they are doing with these power supplies... I just sincerely hope they will never put poorly performing models to the markets.
rupbert 19th February 2008, 11:55 Quote
Thanks, fixed - Tim
The_Pope 19th February 2008, 12:16 Quote
Would being modular affect its performance at all? Or could we take it as read that the interconnect are merely personal preference and the fact this one is "awesome" means any future modular variant is guaranteed to be l33t?
Krikkit 19th February 2008, 12:17 Quote
Another fine product from Corsair - I was sceptical at first, usually companies which start to try and diversify end up with distinctly meh products, but these are total cheesecake.
Bindibadgi 19th February 2008, 12:49 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Pope
Would being modular affect its performance at all? Or could we take it as read that the interconnect are merely personal preference and the fact this one is "awesome" means any future modular variant is guaranteed to be l33t?

Yes it does - by adding an extra connection into the mix, especially one "user driven" it can lead to voltage drops and more rarely improper power delivery.

Well, if PC Power and Cooling are to be believed, personally I think as long as you supply a good, locking connector with corrosion resistance you can't really go wrong - after all - AV people specialise in getting data from one end to another as perfectly as possible and look how many racks of kit they have.
lamboman 19th February 2008, 13:18 Quote
Great review. Of course, reaches the quality that we have come to expect from Corsair supplies :)
Krikkit 19th February 2008, 13:22 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindibadgi
Yes it does - by adding an extra connection into the mix, especially one "user driven" it can lead to voltage drops and more rarely improper power delivery.

Well, if PC Power and Cooling are to be believed, personally I think as long as you supply a good, locking connector with corrosion resistance you can't really go wrong - after all - AV people specialise in getting data from one end to another as perfectly as possible and look how many racks of kit they have.

I can see where PCP&C are coming from, but unless you use a crappy, bodged connector I think it's a fairly unlikely situation. AV-ists use connectors all the time, probably because half the time soldering things together would give a worse connection than a decent interface.
Bindibadgi 19th February 2008, 13:33 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krikkit
I can see where PCP&C are coming from, but unless you use a crappy, bodged connector I think it's a fairly unlikely situation. AV-ists use connectors all the time, probably because half the time soldering things together would give a worse connection than a decent interface.

Exactly my point. Tbh, I think PCPC ride a certain wave of elitism and arrogance in their beliefs. They're obviously good at what they do, but to completely ignore an entire market segment and customer preference is ridiculous. I wish I could live off a business model like that.
Krikkit 19th February 2008, 13:42 Quote
Too right tbh - if only the rest of us could ignore what I'd say is the fastest-growing enthusiast PSU segment.

I know I certainly wouldn't bother with a non-modular PSU for my main rig anymore unless it was really special - I'd consider this Corsair simply because it's properly brilliant, but even then I'd have reservations about them bringing a modular version out...
dan-ere-07 19th February 2008, 16:20 Quote
i have this PSU and it is super. it powers everything i wanted it to and more
naokaji 19th February 2008, 16:24 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindibadgi
Exactly my point. Tbh, I think PCPC ride a certain wave of elitism and arrogance in their beliefs. They're obviously good at what they do, but to completely ignore an entire market segment and customer preference is ridiculous. I wish I could live off a business model like that.

not entirely true, pcp&c belongs to ocz, so its bascially buy ocz for modular or buy pcp&c for non modular, but its the same company that ends up getting the money.
Jojii 19th February 2008, 18:08 Quote
I hear the Seasonic does a high efficiency and uber quiet psu (no voiding the sticker) especially on thier 650W model, any chance for a review/comparison? I've been eyeballing it on newegg for quite some time.. but the praise you lavish on this corsair makes me rethink what to do.
Cupboard 19th February 2008, 19:12 Quote
Great review as always As this has passed all the test with flying colours, would it be possible to tes it at higher wattages? It would be interesting to see if this could cope with 800-850W for example.

And surely even 3-way SLI doesn't need this kind of power?
Tim S 19th February 2008, 19:45 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupboard
Great review as always As this has passed all the test with flying colours, would it be possible to tes it at higher wattages? It would be interesting to see if this could cope with 800-850W for example.

And surely even 3-way SLI doesn't need this kind of power?

Nvidia's marketing scheme does need that kind of power for 3-way SLI though... ;)
Kipman725 19th February 2008, 21:27 Quote
I wouldn't touch it because of the use of the 120mm fan which will leave dead spots. The only system I know of that needs 1000W is the intell duel quad core SLI/CROSSFIRE systems, but if you can afford one of those a high end psu is lose change.
Bindibadgi 19th February 2008, 22:23 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by naokaji
not entirely true, pcp&c belongs to ocz, so its bascially buy ocz for modular or buy pcp&c for non modular, but its the same company that ends up getting the money.

Nope.

OCZ still outfarm the ModXstream design which afaik hasn't changed since before they bought PCPC, but the new EliteXstream is based on a PCPC design. Other than that, even though OCZ owns PCPC it's still entirely separate entities when it comes to business.
MiNiMaL_FuSS 20th February 2008, 20:21 Quote
Love my 520watt version, Truely Cosair have taken the PSU crown these days.
sandys 1st September 2008, 12:04 Quote
One tip that may help some who may buy this, it does not like sitting off a UPS, my old PSU died so I bought this to replace it, but still could not get my machine to boot, thought that perhaps mobo had gone so picked up new board/chip and RAM as it was a 939 FX60 thought I'd bite the bullet and move to phenom, but arse, machine would still not boot.

Tested PSU on my mediaPC found out that it worked fine put it back on new machine no joy :mad: did a bit more research and found a quote on Xbitlabs (who do very comprehensive PSU reviews BTW) regarding this PSU stating that for loads over 360 odd the it won't work on UPS, so removed UPS and ta-da new system works, and so does my old one :oops: Oh well, nevermind, new system is nice and fast :D

Hopefully this post will help other aviod the frustrations I have had over the past few weeks.
Nomad_71 14th December 2008, 21:34 Quote
The Corsair 750 is quality, would easily recommend this power supply to anyone thinking of upgrading their rig.
garfy 29th May 2009, 21:38 Quote
i have this corsair tx 750 ,
i7 940
asus p6t deluxe v2
also a fanless 4850graphic card, and a rheobus = for 4 noctua.

now i just ear the 750 x and the velociraptor.
so: corsair tx 750 too much noise :(
is it possible to change the intern fan ??
Log in

You are not logged in, please login with your forum account below. If you don't already have an account please register to start contributing.



Discuss in the forums