bit-tech.net

CM Storm Sentinel Review

Comments 1 to 25 of 34

Reply
barndoor101 29th November 2009, 19:12 Quote
Quote:
If you squint your eyes, the shape of the mouse resembles the silhouette of a curvaceous female form

i think someone needs to go out and see some real women ;)
iggy 29th November 2009, 21:13 Quote
did you not actually test this mouse, or have you just forgotten to add the 2nd page where you tell us how it fares against other mice?
SchizoFrog 29th November 2009, 22:22 Quote
For the same reason that a screen on your keyboard, this is largely useless and just increases the overall cost. No thanks, not when you can get much better mice from MS, Logitech and Razer for about the same price.
knuck 29th November 2009, 22:26 Quote
I saw it. I tested it

It is surprisingly sturdy, good looking (besides the LEDs, which you can disable) and comfortable. It really is a great mouse for the price. I'll have to wait for a while to know if it's reliable, but I doubt it can be any worse than logitech and razer ...
SchizoFrog 29th November 2009, 22:32 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghys
but I doubt it can be any worse than logitech and razer ...

Excuse me? Since when did Logitech have a bad rep for making mice? Not a fan of the plastics used for Razer mice but still...
knuck 29th November 2009, 22:53 Quote
since the 5 Logitech i owned died prematurely

you seem insulted by me criticizing Logitech, what's up?
TheBlackSwordsMan 29th November 2009, 23:03 Quote
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b249/Trafalgar543/IMAG0213.jpg


G7 1# - K.I.A : 3 Month
G7 2# - K.I.A : 4 Month
G7 3# - K.I.A : 7 Month

I finished my plea
knuck 29th November 2009, 23:04 Quote
ZING
stonedsurd 29th November 2009, 23:05 Quote
A friend of mine has this mouse and has only good things to say about it. He's owned possibly every 'big' gaming mouse on the planet and this is his weapon of choice.

If I wasn't biased towards optical mice, I'd probably use this on the strength of his word alone.
stonedsurd 29th November 2009, 23:06 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackSwordsMan
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b249/Trafalgar543/IMAG0213.jpg


G7 1# - K.I.A : 3 Month
G7 2# - K.I.A : 4 Month
G7 3# - K.I.A : 7 Month

I finished my plea
Is that an Ikari replacing the G7s? Good choice ;)
knuck 29th November 2009, 23:31 Quote
Hell no I forbid him to buy the same mouse than me. The one on the right is the CM Storm Sentinel :)
stonedsurd 29th November 2009, 23:41 Quote
Hmm. Similar shape from that angle.
TheBlackSwordsMan 29th November 2009, 23:47 Quote
I was looking hopelessly for a mouse, I didn't trust logitech anymore and I found (I dont know how) the CM Storm . Badly It was backorder at Ncix, Direct Canada, Newegg but by the grace of God This weird Yellow Duck (slightly higher) /\ Found it for me in a Little PC Part Store.

Overall, it is a good mouse. Only 1 Cons, the Middle wheel is hard but thats it. Great acuracity, ergonomic, Multi-Profile, 56k of memory And you can Download your Clan Tag on the screen ^^
John_T 30th November 2009, 00:09 Quote
I'm surprised people have been having trouble with Logitech mice - not doubting you, just surprised.

I've been using my trusty MX1000 for well over four years now and it's still as good as the first day I bought it. Being cordless it may not suit the avid FPS people among you, but I'm exceptionally happy with it.

It's the first, (and only) 'top quality' mouse I've ever bought, and after my experience with it I probably wouldn't buy from anyone else now. Not that I'm planning on replacing it any time soon anyway...
PureSilver 30th November 2009, 02:00 Quote
I'm a bit surprised too - I've had four so far, including a Dell-supplied one from 2001 that I binned yesterday (still worked, but I'd eroded the plastic on the buttons to paper-thin-ness). Never had one break, though my three-day-old MX Revolution is the first complex one. We'll see how it lasts...
SchizoFrog 30th November 2009, 03:14 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghys
since the 5 Logitech i owned died prematurely

you seem insulted by me criticizing Logitech, what's up?

Opinions are based on personal experience, so you are entitled to your opinion. But your comment seems to imply that Logitech and Razer are two of the worst companies that make mice based on a single incident and that just isn't true. Both companies have built up a loyal following based on the experiences that each one of those people have had and the evidence would suggest that they have a history of making very good mice.
Every make and model of anything you ever buy will have a fault tolorence whether you are the unlucky one to experience it or not. In my opinion how a company treats its customers through its after sales is just as important as making good products.

Don't get me wrong, Logitech or Razer do not make perfect products or we would all have the same things. I do not like the plastics Razer uses and the way the buttons feel, I just think it feels cheap. I also did not buy a G5 because no matter how good I thought it was, the finger ridge down the right side rubbed against my fourth finger and over time would drive me crazy.

I would also personally go to a shop and hand test each mouse I was thinking of buying just to make sure I liked what I was looking at, then I would purchase it online (for the price of course!). But the first impression of this mouse is that it just isn't for me. I don't like the way it looks and for the price, it just seems to have almost too much going on... it makes me ask 'Ok, so where did they cut corners to fit all that in for that price?'

I hope that explains fully about my previous comments. :p
TheBlackSwordsMan 30th November 2009, 04:07 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizoFrog
Opinions are based on personal experience, so you are entitled to your opinion. But your comment seems to imply that Logitech and Razer are two of the worst companies that make mice based on a single incident and that just isn't true. Both companies have built up a loyal following based on the experiences that each one of those people have had and the evidence would suggest that they have a history of making very good mice.
Every make and model of anything you ever buy will have a fault tolorence whether you are the unlucky one to experience it or not. In my opinion how a company treats its customers through its after sales is just as important as making good products.

Don't get me wrong, Logitech or Razer do not make perfect products or we would all have the same things. I do not like the plastics Razer uses and the way the buttons feel, I just think it feels cheap. I also did not buy a G5 because no matter how good I thought it was, the finger ridge down the right side rubbed against my fourth finger and over time would drive me crazy.

I would also personally go to a shop and hand test each mouse I was thinking of buying just to make sure I liked what I was looking at, then I would purchase it online (for the price of course!). But the first impression of this mouse is that it just isn't for me. I don't like the way it looks and for the price, it just seems to have almost too much going on... it makes me ask 'Ok, so where did they cut corners to fit all that in for that price?'

I hope that explains fully about my previous comments. :p


So you say 'more expensive equals better' ? Well, now go tell that to the Russian about the Ak-47 The important point is the specification given to the constructor by the Conceptor. The Company cost is optional, we talk about mice, now Figure that you're a small company who wants to make his path into the industry. What do you do ? You sell a product Unknown at the same price as your competitors OR you make your way with a competitive product at a competitive price.

I have this mouse since 2 month, and I exploded all my Audiosurf Score (And self-proclamate rival too ^^) ok OK the mouse is not all, you need the talent too
knuck 30th November 2009, 04:15 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizoFrog
Opinions are based on personal experience, so you are entitled to your opinion. But your comment seems to imply that Logitech and Razer are two of the worst companies that make mice based on a single incident and that just isn't true. Both companies have built up a loyal following based on the experiences that each one of those people have had and the evidence would suggest that they have a history of making very good mice.

It is not a single incident at all. I don't have to justify myself with examples but you must know that my opinion is not biased. I've witnessed the death of too many Logitech and Razer mice not to doubt the reliability of their products
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizoFrog

Every make and model of anything you ever buy will have a fault tolorence whether you are the unlucky one to experience it or not. In my opinion how a company treats its customers through its after sales is just as important as making good products.

True and I could never test Logitech's because back then I had no proof of purchase. I've heard good things about their support however
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizoFrog

I would also personally go to a shop and hand test each mouse I was thinking of buying just to make sure I liked what I was looking at, then I would purchase it online (for the price of course!). But the first impression of this mouse is that it just isn't for me. I don't like the way it looks and for the price, it just seems to have almost too much going on... it makes me ask 'Ok, so where did they cut corners to fit all that in for that price?'

I hope that explains fully about my previous comments. :p

Yes.Yes it does !

I also had that "there has to be a catch" feeling but so far the mouse seems to be doing quite well. I guess it is possible for a mouse to be this cheap and this good... maybe they're just selling it at a reasonable price (vs how much it costs them to build it) instead of what we usually got to pay [that includes the ridiculous price of my Ikari]
SchizoFrog 30th November 2009, 05:05 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackSwordsMan

So you say 'more expensive equals better' ? Well, now go tell that to the Russian about the Ak-47 The important point is the specification given to the constructor by the Conceptor. The Company cost is optional, we talk about mice, now Figure that you're a small company who wants to make his path into the industry. What do you do ? You sell a product Unknown at the same price as your competitors OR you make your way with a competitive product at a competitive price.

Actually, yes I do. If you spend more actually making the product, generally you will have a better product. Of course there will be exceptions to any rule, but it is a proven general rule of thumb.
Weapons contracts are not dealt with in the same manner. However, I am sure there are cheaper automatic rifles out there that are not used because they are not good enough.
SchizoFrog 30th November 2009, 05:15 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghys
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizoFrog
Opinions are based on personal experience, so you are entitled to your opinion. But your comment seems to imply that Logitech and Razer are two of the worst companies that make mice based on a single incident and that just isn't true. Both companies have built up a loyal following based on the experiences that each one of those people have had and the evidence would suggest that they have a history of making very good mice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghys
It is not a single incident at all. I don't have to justify myself with examples but you must know that my opinion is not biased. I've witnessed the death of too many Logitech and Razer mice not to doubt the reliability of their products

I still don't think the negative comments add up. Logitech for example have thousands of people worldwide using their products and their gaming mice are deemed to be some of the best available. If they were so unreliable, surely this would have had a much larger and more public negative effect by now? Surely through this website and others, experiences of continous unreliabilitty should be a major point to state to us, the readers and should drastically reduce the review scores.
TheBlackSwordsMan 30th November 2009, 08:03 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizoFrog
Actually, yes I do. If you spend more actually making the product, generally you will have a better product. Of course there will be exceptions to any rule, but it is a proven general rule of thumb.
Weapons contracts are not dealt with in the same manner. However, I am sure there are cheaper automatic rifles out there that are not used because they are not good enough.

http://kalashnikov.guns.ru/foreign/galil.jpg

Do you recognise it ? All CS player Knows the Galil, an Israelian cheaper version of the Ak-47. Terrorist use it because they dont have Budjet lolll

What is a cheap mouse anyway ? I paid it 60 Bucks, Same price as the Steelseries Ikari Optical(If you know this brand). I Mean dude a cheap mouse for me turn around 20$. The Mx400 at 35$ is one of the cheapest gaming mouse ever and it Rock. So I repeat , what is a Cheap mouse ?
SchizoFrog 30th November 2009, 08:22 Quote
@TheBlackSwordsMan

Why have you gone off about cheap mice? I made no mention about 'cheap', only that for its (the CM Storm Sentinel) price I believe there are better mice out there. Ghys raised issues of reliability that I have already questioned. As for your self, I'm not too sure what your point is. Yes there are more expensive mice that are not worth their money (an opinion by the way) such as the Razer Mamba and there are good mice to be had for less. My point is that for the £40-£50 mark, I'm not sure I would seriously consider this.
TheBlackSwordsMan 30th November 2009, 08:56 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizoFrog
@TheBlackSwordsMan

Why have you gone off about cheap mice? I made no mention about 'cheap', only that for its (the CM Storm Sentinel) price I believe there are better mice out there. Ghys raised issues of reliability that I have already questioned. As for your self, I'm not too sure what your point is. Yes there are more expensive mice that are not worth their money (an opinion by the way) such as the Razer Mamba and there are good mice to be had for less. My point is that for the £40-£50 mark, I'm not sure I would seriously consider this.

This is a Mistake, We talk in Canadien Dollar:D 60$CDN around £34
SchizoFrog 30th November 2009, 09:56 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackSwordsMan

This is a Mistake, We talk in Canadien Dollar:D 60$CDN around £34

Not according to the details at the start of this article! Pay attention.
TheBlackSwordsMan 30th November 2009, 10:07 Quote
hummm or not lolll I purchased this mouse in cnd$ because im canadian. I never use Sterling pound were not all from Uk here
Log in

You are not logged in, please login with your forum account below. If you don't already have an account please register to start contributing.



Discuss in the forums