SteelSeries Siberia Neckband Headset

BioSniper 17th November 2007, 14:19 Quote
Who do we beat round the face for the over-exposed photos? :P
Bindibadgi 17th November 2007, 15:05 Quote
I will show Joe some Elements tricks on Monday ;) Saying that, I'm not one to talk :o
CardJoe 17th November 2007, 15:16 Quote
:( Sorry - I tried my best
johnnyboy700 17th November 2007, 16:27 Quote
I use the 5H v2's and I think they're just wonderful and I don't care if the don't look hip, I prefer function over form.
Jipa 17th November 2007, 16:53 Quote
If a design works, don't change it! I buy my headphones (well would byu if I needed one) according to sound quality rather than what are built for gaming and look cool... In someone else's opinion.

Seriously mousepad manufacturers shouldn't try to make stuff that includes something other than plastic/metal.
sl1xx 17th November 2007, 17:01 Quote
i have a headset that cost's £4 works fine for my skype and gaming i will not pay more than £10 cos no matter what they break all the time !
rav666 17th November 2007, 18:08 Quote
can the crew at bit-tech possibly review some 5.1 headphones, the sharkoon or the Tritton AX360 Pretty Please
poenanie 17th November 2007, 19:01 Quote
Is there anyway you can compare this one to a sennheiser PC160 when it comes to sound quality etc ? I'm currently using the 2nd and having thought about buying this one on release ...
knuck 17th November 2007, 19:10 Quote
I didn't read the article (yet) but weren't the Icemat headphones called 'Siberia' as well ?

I have a feeling the answer to my question is in the article... come on Ghys, time to read it :D

EDIT:

from the Icemat page :

The Icemat Innovation

Icemat and SteelSeries have always been run by the same company, but in 2007 we decided to consolidate our brands. The award-winning Icemat products has been renamed and included in the SteelSeries line.
The_Gnu 17th November 2007, 20:29 Quote
I hope you don't need that ponytail for them to stay on.
Cupboard 17th November 2007, 22:33 Quote
Originally Posted by sl1xx

Unless its the kind of "put in a bag and sit on them" breakage, you may find that a more expensive/better quality headset may last longer.

Shame about these headphones (neckphones?) I think I may end up buying a separate mic, so I can continue to use the headphones I like (which changes quite often). Well done for getting a review out so soon after Crysis though!
D3s3rt_F0x 18th November 2007, 01:25 Quote
Icemat siberias in black end of.....the only headset youll ever need
The_Beast 18th November 2007, 01:44 Quote
It looks ok
cjmUK 18th November 2007, 02:38 Quote
"the first circumaural neckband headset created for professional gaming" - Erm... I think they are telling porkies there. My Logitech Precision [circumaural neckband] headphones have been around for years. As for whether they are 'professional' or not is subjective, but suffice to say that my ears don't hurt after long gaming sessions.

Point of Order: should we be reviewing items like this without a price? Couldn't we wait until they are available (or at least have an RRP)?
Major 18th November 2007, 03:06 Quote
You can't beat a pair of decent Sony Headphones, I regret braking mine, the wire alone was £30. :)