bit-tech.net

Asus Monitor PA279Q Preview

Comments 1 to 12 of 12

Reply
GeorgeStorm 3rd June 2013, 13:08 Quote
I think the res should be 2560x1440 rather than 1600?

Looks pretty, but price is the biggie.
Noob? 3rd June 2013, 13:15 Quote
Ooooh, that looks nice!
r3loaded 3rd June 2013, 15:43 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeStorm
I think the res should be 2560x1440 rather than 1600?

Looks pretty, but price is the biggie.
Yes it should be 1440, I got excited thinking it was a 16:10 27 inch monitor for a second too.

What I'm really interested in though is their forthcoming 4K monitor.
GoodBytes 3rd June 2013, 16:45 Quote
Ah good work ASUS!
It's nice to have some competition. So now it's the Dell U2713H vs PA279Q.
maverik-sg1 3rd June 2013, 16:50 Quote
I would of thought more effort/focus would of gone into touchscreen monitors......
Vallachia 4th June 2013, 03:03 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverik-sg1
I would of thought more effort/focus would of gone into touchscreen monitors......

Why? Who wants to hold their arm out for hours when using a desktop pc? And who sits that close to a 27" screen? My 27" screen is more than an arm's length away as I'm typing this.
GoodBytes 4th June 2013, 04:46 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallachia
Why? Who wants to hold their arm out for hours when using a desktop pc? And who sits that close to a 27" screen? My 27" screen is more than an arm's length away as I'm typing this.

You mean like this monitors? I see no issue:
79SdxuA1WjY
0LHkHAHWEPk

We want a non-professional version, is what is being asked.
forum_user 4th June 2013, 07:17 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by r3loaded
Yes it should be 1440, I got excited thinking it was a 16:10 27 inch monitor for a second too.

What I'm really interested in though is their forthcoming 4K monitor.

We're waaaaaay-overdue a 2560x1600 resolution beater. Bring on the 4K!!
maverik-sg1 4th June 2013, 10:41 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallachia
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverik-sg1
I would of thought more effort/focus would of gone into touchscreen monitors......

Why? Who wants to hold their arm out for hours when using a desktop pc? And who sits that close to a 27" screen? My 27" screen is more than an arm's length away as I'm typing this.

I didn't say I wanted a touchscreen device....at least not right now...but for the record, my 27" screen is well within touching distance as I am typing this.

Also, lets be real, you don't need to hold your hand out for hours, it's more likely that a touchscreen would (I think it does already) compliment existing peripherals in that respect, rather than replace them.

We're moving ever closer to a technological eco-system of touchscreen devices...there's a clear shift from developers (android, ios and windows) and their marketing teams to merge mobile and desktop products into a single product that looks, feels and acts the same on any device including PC's, which is why I thought we'd see more touchscreen devices.

That is all :)
Bloody_Pete 4th June 2013, 10:54 Quote
That looks nearly identical to Dell monitors, stand and all...
MjFrosty 4th June 2013, 11:01 Quote
After the flickering issue I've got on my PA248Q I'd be reluctant to touch another ASUS monitor.
LightningPete 5th June 2013, 12:38 Quote
Now the last picture does no-one or the monitor itself any justice.
How can anyone appreciate a monior that big being less than 30cm away from the screen in front of it?
Madness or Blindness?
Log in

You are not logged in, please login with your forum account below. If you don't already have an account please register to start contributing.



Discuss in the forums