bit-tech.net

ViewSonic VX2739WM Monitor Review

Comments 1 to 25 of 32

Reply
vampalan 13th May 2010, 12:12 Quote
Hmm.. Lacking in resolution, but has the right connectors, maybe missing S-Video. Size seems good. I think this would suit triple screen eyefintiy setup or maybe other 3 screen computer games. GT5 on 3 screens anyone?
Price wise I thinks this one is relatively cheaper than other 27 inch screens, but a touch too expensive for a 1080p screen.. had it been same pixle height as the dell 27 inch, I would have ordered some.
amdavies 13th May 2010, 12:46 Quote
This shouldn't really even be mentioned in the same breath as the Dell because of the vast difference in panels, It'd be like comparing a Mini with Ferrari because they both have 4 wheels. A much better comparison would be with the Hanns-G 28" 1080p monitor that's been floating around for a couple of years IIRC.

The only reason I can think for buying a 27" 1080p over a 23" or 24" is if you want to sit further away from it as the difference in screen size allows for a bigger distance between screen and viewer(s) whilst maintaining the same perceived resolution.
memeroot 13th May 2010, 14:02 Quote
Resolution is everything
Claave 13th May 2010, 14:03 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by vampalan
Hmm.. Lacking in resolution, but has the right connectors, maybe missing S-Video. Size seems good. I think this would suit triple screen eyefintiy setup or maybe other 3 screen computer games. GT5 on 3 screens anyone?
Price wise I thinks this one is relatively cheaper than other 27 inch screens, but a touch too expensive for a 1080p screen.. had it been same pixle height as the dell 27 inch, I would have ordered some.

As the screen lacks a DisplyPort input, you'd have to buy an expensive active DP-DVI/HDMI adapter to make a three-screen Eyefinity setup. Just thought I'd point that out before anyone rushes off to buy three before checking :)
Stewb 13th May 2010, 14:15 Quote
Is the u2711 not 16:9?
vampalan 13th May 2010, 14:21 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claave
As the screen lacks a DisplyPort input, you'd have to buy an expensive active DP-DVI/HDMI adapter to make a three-screen Eyefinity setup. Just thought I'd point that out before anyone rushes off to buy three before checking :)

Good point. Arent they just simple dongles like HDMI to DVI?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewb
Is the u2711 not 16:9?

I believe it is 16:10.
merple 13th May 2010, 14:23 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewb
Is the u2711 not 16:9?

Yup, it says its 16:9 2560x1440 in the bittech review that is linked in this review.
Primoz 13th May 2010, 15:39 Quote
2560 x 1440 is 16:9. 2560 x 1600 is 16:10. Which is it then?
Dave_M 13th May 2010, 16:27 Quote
It's 16:9. The 27" is a cut down version of the 30" dell. I believe they are the same width. Just cut some of the top off the 30" until you end up with a 16:9, which happens to make it a 27" screen.
Claave 13th May 2010, 16:40 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_M
It's 16:9. The 27" is a cut down version of the 30" dell. I believe they are the same width. Just cut some of the top off the 30" until you end up with a 16:9, which happens to make it a 27" screen.

How thick do you think 160 rows of pixels are?! The 27in is a different panel, not just a 30in with bits cut off - after all, what would be the point of that? You just waste LCD substrate...
Farfalho 13th May 2010, 16:50 Quote
I have forked out 220€ for my Asus VK246H and I'm very happy with it. The preset settings avaliable really make a difference while using it in various environments. Never noticed that backlight bleeding and other things. It's 1920x1080, 16:9 and I don't seem why you say the 1920x1200 should be present on 24" and above monitors, I can't see why
bogie170 13th May 2010, 17:39 Quote
Viewsonic used to be a good company putting out quality products.

All I see from them now is mid-range crap.
vampalan 13th May 2010, 22:25 Quote
Been looking at the Asus VW266H, its a tad smaller than this Viewsonic in the review, but it has more resolution and more connections, its about the same price too.
knuck 14th May 2010, 02:41 Quote
Completely off topic but I just saw in another article that you qualified the Samsung 2233RZ as being a poor monitor and I must ask; Were you high ?

I know I am being an ass tonight but I don't understand how perfect fluidity cannot make a screen at least very, very good. It's aimed at gamers and is the only panel on the market (or was anyway because there are other 120hz monitors now) that can actually be used to play FPS games
V3ctor 14th May 2010, 08:24 Quote
I have a VX922 (2ms) and that is one hell of a monitor... It kicks my Samsung T260 ass. With beautiful colors and small response time, it's like night to day...
I can't believe that Viewsonic, a company that was very good in their products is turning in a mediocre company...
wuyanxu 14th May 2010, 11:05 Quote
need higher resolution. please give those manufacturers a kick when you next see them (except Dell) why do we get stuck with full HD resolution when we sit much closer to the monitor?

when i buy a 27 inch monitor, i expect to be using a higher resolution than my over 1 year old 24 inch. now lower.
hexx 14th May 2010, 14:19 Quote
TN panels - that's never gonna be good, ips is way to go
CowBlazed 14th May 2010, 14:37 Quote
The 2233rz has simmilar issues as this, fast response for gaming but colour and everything else is not good. Its also over priced for a 22" which offers nothing but 120hz.

One good thing doesn't make it very good, makes it mediocre at best.
knuck 14th May 2010, 15:15 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by CowBlazed
The 2233rz has simmilar issues as this, fast response for gaming but colour and everything else is not good. Its also over priced for a 22" which offers nothing but 120hz.

One good thing doesn't make it very good, makes it mediocre at best.

which is THE only thing needed for gaming. Therefore it's great. I win
smc8788 15th May 2010, 00:28 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghys
which is THE only thing needed for gaming. Therefore it's great. I win

Does it really make that much of a difference though? I mean, I seem to cope fine with a 60Hz monitor :/
Phil Rhodes 15th May 2010, 16:08 Quote
Quote:
shrugs of accusations of ghosting
some pretty huge flys in the ointment

Hrrrrrngh.
sleepygamer 15th May 2010, 19:46 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Rhodes
Hrrrrrngh.
There, there. I felt it too.
knuck 16th May 2010, 02:51 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by smc8788
Does it really make that much of a difference though? I mean, I seem to cope fine with a 60Hz monitor :/

Day and night. I couldn't believe it. My friends couldn't believe it. Any hardcore FPS gamer needs a 120hz monitor
smc8788 16th May 2010, 09:48 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghys
Day and night. I couldn't believe it. My friends couldn't believe it. Any hardcore FPS gamer needs a 120hz monitor

Great, now you've made me want to spend another £200
knuck 17th May 2010, 23:08 Quote
I paid mine 450$CAN and I don't regret it at all
Log in

You are not logged in, please login with your forum account below. If you don't already have an account please register to start contributing.



Discuss in the forums