The Secrets of PC Memory: Part 3

outlawaol 8th February 2008, 09:22 Quote
This sure makes me and my puppet look dumb.... :(
Phil Rhodes 8th February 2008, 09:41 Quote
Too... much... information... gasp, choke.
Delphium 8th February 2008, 09:45 Quote
NEED MOAR coffee!!! My head feels like its about explode at this time on a friday morning, think ill try attacking it again after lunch ;)

Awesome article Ryan, will enjoy reading this AGAIN later on :D
Spaceraver 8th February 2008, 11:17 Quote
Holy something... I think i need a game of tic tac toe to make my head straight..

Love the article Ryan..

Now we just need for Tim to give us a lowdown on overclocking those C2D systems.. That would rock.. Basically what is needed and what we can assume is a no-touch option. I can OC my own rig because i understand the BIOS options in S478.. But this i am sad to say i would not like to fiddle with.. Heck i can even remember how to OC a Slot system. It would get hot as hell, but it worked.
p3n 8th February 2008, 12:10 Quote
Part 3 is the second article? :< (infact the whole 4th paragraph seems out of place)

good stuff.
Tim S 8th February 2008, 12:59 Quote
sorry, that's my bad... :o
ryanjleng 8th February 2008, 14:13 Quote
Originally Posted by Phil Rhodes
Too... much... information... gasp, choke.

Hehe :)

I know... our heads were spinning (Exorcist-style) when writing, checking, validating and simplifying some ideas.

There were many people helping out on this paper from Micron and few other companies, in US, UK, CANADA, CHINA, MALAYSIA and JAPAN. The biggest challenge was to simplify and make things easier to understand without turning it into Engineering lecture notes.

This and coming sections explain the inner working what we often see in the BIOS.

OVERCLOCKING is the ultimate interest here.

Knowing what's happening to the system when you tweak the BIOS for higher OC stability is the purpose.
Kipman725 8th February 2008, 18:33 Quote
heh I have interfaced old simms with electronics projects of mine and they were knarley enough... I didn't even touch FAST page mode etc as I only needed low speeds.
jakenbake 9th February 2008, 01:54 Quote
i haven't seen eye diagrams in i don't know how long... oh ya, this afternoon at work... jitter ftl.
enzolt 9th February 2008, 10:48 Quote
wow....so much useful information. im EE, sophmore, so im pretty sure this article will come in handy in the nearby future. i just hope i pass, lol