Asus Transformer Trio Preview

enciem 3rd June 2013, 21:45 Quote
need. wish the rez was higher though. I wanted one of the earlier models but couldn't find a purpose to them, still like them though, if money were no object maybe
RichCreedy 3rd June 2013, 21:48 Quote
so is it a windroid device?
ModSquid 4th June 2013, 10:30 Quote
I think it's an Andr(e)ws one.
Freemanator 4th June 2013, 11:34 Quote
If the price is right then I might consider this to round out my computing portfolio. See no point in a tablet unless it is iOS or Android, and minimal point in a laptop if it isn't Windows, so this is potentially the winning solution.
But it would need to be priced to match ultrabooks, rather than an ultrabook and tablet combined.
wolfticket 6th June 2013, 23:48 Quote
Such a neat idea. Sort of an independant all-in-one-minus-monitor desktop and a tablet, that merges into a powerful laptop.

I'd love to work in Asus R&D. "So, you've got a madcap idea that has no proven market?... We'll do it!" :)
Buzzons 7th June 2013, 11:18 Quote
instnat -> instant ;)
gagaga 7th June 2013, 13:19 Quote
16:10 screen? I'm in.
Cerberus90 7th June 2013, 19:22 Quote
Originally Posted by enciem

Why would you want a higher res than that, already seems huge for a 10" device to me, hell, it's a bigger res than my 24" desktop monitor.

Hope they've improved the docking into the keyboard, as I think that's the only weak point in the current transformer. My sister has a Transformer TF300, and the tablet bit can rock back and forth quite a bit in the dock, enough it seems to sometimes make it lose connection with the SD card in the dock. Also, the charger was terrible, very poor design (no doubt to enable different region wall sockets) which caused it to break on the first day.