bit-tech.net

Asus EAH3870 TOP

Comments 1 to 18 of 18

Reply
DXR_13KE 7th January 2008, 10:45 Quote
AMD/ATI WAKE UP!!!!!!!!
alastor 7th January 2008, 10:56 Quote
Top review as always, at least DAAMiT has something to reasonably compete for now.

The Crysis and Bioshock standard intros need a bit of rewriting, i.e. "one of the best games to be released so far this year", should be last year.
Meanmotion 7th January 2008, 11:34 Quote
Quote:
The Crysis and Bioshock standard intros need a bit of rewriting, i.e. "one of the best games to be released so far this year", should be last year.

Hehe, you're not supposed to notice that...
Quote:
AMD/ATI WAKE UP!!!!!!!!

Huh? This is supposed to be a forum not a sporting terrace.
Amon 7th January 2008, 11:50 Quote
Seems like a mediocre improvement, to me. Couldn't the overclock have been done by the user with a regular HD 3870?
Darkedge 7th January 2008, 12:11 Quote
I agree Amon and considering you can get a 3870 for £130 quid think the price performance goes to ATi/AMD here. Not to mention they actually have decent drivers unlike the shoddy NVidia ones these days.
Mankz 7th January 2008, 12:14 Quote
Well, Im still happy with the £164 I spent on my 8800 GT,
.
legoman666 7th January 2008, 14:17 Quote
The 3870's are easily overclockable. There is a bios limit of 860mhz, if you try to go past that the machine hard locks. To get around this, you can easily flash the bios on the card to give it higher stock speeds. I was poking around and have seen it clocked to >1000mhz easily. I got mine to the 860 limit and didnt feel like finding a floppy drive so I could flash the bios.
Sark.inc 7th January 2008, 15:03 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman666
The 3870's are easily overclockable. There is a bios limit of 860mhz, if you try to go past that the machine hard locks. To get around this, you can easily flash the bios on the card to give it higher stock speeds. I was poking around and have seen it clocked to >1000mhz easily. I got mine to the 860 limit and didnt feel like finding a floppy drive so I could flash the bios.

same here, if i could be arsed too i would >_<
DXR_13KE 7th January 2008, 15:46 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meanmotion
Huh? This is supposed to be a forum not a sporting terrace.

they are needing a wakeup call, they haven't done anything fantastic in a while.... compared to nvidia and intel.......
Meanmotion 7th January 2008, 19:09 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by DXR_13KE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meanmotion
Huh? This is supposed to be a forum not a sporting terrace.

they are needing a wakeup call, they haven't done anything fantastic in a while.... compared to nvidia and intel.......

See, constructive. ;)
DXR_13KE 7th January 2008, 20:08 Quote
Meanmotion here we have a saying: "para bom entendedor meia palavra basta", which translate to about: "to a person that understands well, half a word is enough"
so saying "AMD/ATI WAKE UP!!!!!!!!" in a forum full of tekies, nerds, modders and geeks roughly means: "AMD/ATI please notice that you are falling behind and if you do fall to far behind it could mean monopoly for your rivals and a big bucket of crap (worse than 2 girls one cup) for us, so please AMD/ATI wake up".

edit: if you don't know what "2 girls one cup" means please don't search for it...... the ones that know will understand what i mean.

edit2:this sums 2 girls one cup really nicely
naokaji 7th January 2008, 21:16 Quote
now amd just needs to release a tool that allows flashing the vga bios without needing a floppy drive...
Sparrowhawk 7th January 2008, 21:26 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by naokaji
now amd just needs to release a tool that allows flashing the vga bios without needing a floppy drive...

Second that. I thought "hotflashing" was all the rage now, where you can update the bios from inside Windows?
DXR_13KE 8th January 2008, 00:01 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by naokaji
now amd just needs to release a tool that allows flashing the vga bios without needing a floppy drive...

what is a floppy drive?:)
naokaji 8th January 2008, 00:13 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrowhawk
Second that. I thought "hotflashing" was all the rage now, where you can update the bios from inside Windows?

thats only for the mainboard bios... for both amd and nvidia graphicscards you can only flash the old fashioned way.
notatoad 8th January 2008, 05:36 Quote
my $250 8800gts 512 is looking like a better and better purchase.
Tyinsar 9th January 2008, 06:50 Quote
I like the fact that they put DVI on the board then made a DVI-HDMI adapter rather than the other way around ;)
frontline 11th January 2008, 17:59 Quote
hmm, i can easily overclock my 2 Sapphire Radeons to a Core Clock of 872 and Memory Clock of 2492 (effective) without any additional cooling.
Log in

You are not logged in, please login with your forum account below. If you don't already have an account please register to start contributing.



Discuss in the forums