bit-tech.net

Antec Kühler H2O 950 Review

Comments 1 to 9 of 9

Reply
CrapBag 3rd April 2014, 19:03 Quote
I've been considering an AIO because I'm fed up with the size of air coolers and the fact that they reduce access to parts of the mobo (mainly ram) but these AIO's seem to take up just as much space albeit in a different area.

If I was to fit one of these into my case it would still restrict access to the mobo cpu power socket and I'd imagine.

It's the dual fan idea that seems to bulk them out.
Combatus 3rd April 2014, 19:49 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrapBag
I've been considering an AIO because I'm fed up with the size of air coolers and the fact that they reduce access to parts of the mobo (mainly ram) but these AIO's seem to take up just as much space albeit in a different area.

If I was to fit one of these into my case it would still restrict access to the mobo cpu power socket and I'd imagine.

It's the dual fan idea that seems to bulk them out.

That is true, although I guess AIOs do at least let you remove the radiator giving you full access to the motherboard. This is usually just held in using four screws so is much easier to remove (and reinstall) than an entire large air cooler.
Farfalho 4th April 2014, 13:29 Quote
So, still nothing on AMD platform? This has being a recurrent thing with no explanation so far :\
You guys know there are people still with AMD.
AlienwareAndy 4th April 2014, 16:54 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrapBag
I've been considering an AIO because I'm fed up with the size of air coolers and the fact that they reduce access to parts of the mobo (mainly ram) but these AIO's seem to take up just as much space albeit in a different area.

If I was to fit one of these into my case it would still restrict access to the mobo cpu power socket and I'd imagine.

It's the dual fan idea that seems to bulk them out.

Then get a H100 or dual rad of sorts and find a case where you can fit it in the roof. Then you have one block/pump and that's it. They leave tons of room to work around.
CrapBag 4th April 2014, 19:09 Quote
I love my case so that's not an option, I'm not knocking these coolers I'm just saying size wise they don't save much physical space they just relocate it.

My case takes 2 x 140mm fans in the roof so I could fit a H100 style cooler but it would still encroach on my board.
Maki role 7th April 2014, 09:14 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrapBag
I love my case so that's not an option, I'm not knocking these coolers I'm just saying size wise they don't save much physical space they just relocate it.

I thought that was one of the major advantages, that they simply relocate the cooling to an area that's a little more out of the way? After all, it's not as if they're suddenly going to magically shrink in total size, we're still dealing with dissipating all the heat into flowing air after all.
Nikumba 9th April 2014, 19:17 Quote
Think the copy on the front page is wrong :P

Antec Kühler H20 950 Review
HARDWARE > COOLING | 3rd Apr 2014 6
With a slimmer radiator and thinner tubes than the H80i, is the £64 H75 still up to scratch?

I am pretty sure the H80 and the H75 are Corsair :p

Kimbie
Dogbert666 9th April 2014, 20:30 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikumba
Think the copy on the front page is wrong :P

Antec Kühler H20 950 Review
HARDWARE > COOLING | 3rd Apr 2014 6
With a slimmer radiator and thinner tubes than the H80i, is the £64 H75 still up to scratch?

I am pretty sure the H80 and the H75 are Corsair :p

Kimbie

I don't know what you're talking about

(thanks)
Nikumba 9th April 2014, 21:08 Quote
teehee no worries
Log in

You are not logged in, please login with your forum account below. If you don't already have an account please register to start contributing.



Discuss in the forums