BlastFlow Siberian Modular VGA Waterblock

willyolio 1st September 2007, 05:48 Quote
how does this block cool the RAM? do you just get adhesive ramsinks to stick on through the holes or something?
HourBeforeDawn 1st September 2007, 07:16 Quote
wow they need to have an acrylic top, that machine work for the internals on that block is beautiful. I will keep this block in mind for the future ^_^
-EVRE- 1st September 2007, 07:25 Quote
How good is the thermal contact from the ram heatsink to the GPU block? That connection determines how well it will cool that aluminum, thus the ram (and power regulators?). From the looks of it, that thermal connection isnt made or is very poor. The DD block actively cools all heat producing parts of a graphics card, the BlastFlow seems to just radiate that heat into the air.

In my mind, hardly a true or worthy water block when compared to the DD. Show me one that actively cools with water all the heat generating components and is modular, then I will be impressed.
Darv 1st September 2007, 09:29 Quote
Looks good, but if it's just actively cooling the core then it's the same as all other core only blocks and most of them can be used again with a different bracket. They're also significantly cheaper as well; a decent Alphacool block will set you back less than £30!
vadim 1st September 2007, 11:14 Quote
Hi guys, the contact between with the cooling plate is made with thermal paste. The final product will come supplied with arctic silver 5. This was an engineering sample that just demonstrates the efficiency of the unit.
g3n3tiX 1st September 2007, 11:19 Quote
Wow nice internals... And my god Mr Vadim himself (i s'pose) got to actually come to the BT Forums... Welcome here sir !
atanum141 1st September 2007, 11:20 Quote
Another great product from my hometown hero's Vadim.
Bindibadgi 1st September 2007, 11:31 Quote
We've just made an Addendum to the last page with new information we received this morning. :)
vadim 1st September 2007, 11:33 Quote
:) thanks guys! I do come often to Bit-tech , but never did post untill now
Woodstock 1st September 2007, 11:36 Quote
sure hope you guys keep up with watercooling articles/reviews
naokaji 1st September 2007, 11:42 Quote
a modular watercooler where the value doesnt drop to 0£ (due to new cards released) every few month is well.... genius...
but...
while that cooler certainly does keep the gpu cool, how does the temp of the memory and the voltage regulators compare to blocks with water in those areas too?
Ramble 1st September 2007, 12:52 Quote
Page 2, "Vadim said that the physician’s words were along the lines of 'this shouldn’t work, but somehow it does.'".
A physician is a medical doctor, perhaps you meant physicist?
Bindibadgi 1st September 2007, 13:19 Quote
No, it needs a medical expert because it causes awesomeness.

Changed :o
Smilodon 1st September 2007, 13:55 Quote
There should be two versions of this. One with a transparent cover for show, and one with a metal cover for better cooling performance :)

oh, and could you please include a link on articles that point to the forum, and not just the comment-thing at the bottom of the article? :)
genesisofthesith 1st September 2007, 14:50 Quote
Originally Posted by naokaji

exactly what I was going to say. The whole point of going 'full block' is to cool all parts of the card - does this actually perform better than a core only waterblock (lower gpu temps than a full block) and sinks for ram/vrm?
radodrill 1st September 2007, 15:26 Quote
I don't think the top would make much of a difference in cooling performance.

At least the top will be brass so as not to be the cause of a mixed-metals loop.
Fozzy 1st September 2007, 19:39 Quote
too ad about the price. That's a sexy block. It kinda makes me think I can build my own
Cyprio 1st September 2007, 21:52 Quote
It's not really a full cover block so why should i pay that much for it - it's priced way to high imo.
I would much rather have a MCW-60 and RAM sinks.
Mankz 1st September 2007, 21:54 Quote
Is it fully future proof? As in 8900 and R700 ect?
Andreoid 1st September 2007, 23:08 Quote
omg this thing is so ugly o0
zhangmaster12 2nd September 2007, 03:27 Quote
if it performs the best, but looks like dog turd, ppl will still buy it
Emon 2nd September 2007, 05:19 Quote
That's a rather interesting design.

It's stupid that it will come with AS5 though...AS5 performs very well but is not suitable for long-term solutions. They should use either regular silicone/zinc oxide paste or the phase-changing pads or pastes that come on modern retail CPUs.
severedhead 2nd September 2007, 13:48 Quote
I like it as it is tbh, I like the nice clean but rough look. It may have sharp edges, but then HSFs aren't exactly finger-friendly and its not as if you will be handling it very often.

But as others have mentioned, what are the temps like on the VRMs and RAM? No doubt it does cool them, but it looks like the plate may get a bit hot?

I'm tempted as it means I won't have to buy a whole new full cover block everytime I upgrade my card, but what happens if it doesn't take off as planned? Am I going to be able to pick up a new plate for a new card a year down the line? If that is the case, the EK full-cover blocks for ~£60 are looking more appealing.
Bindibadgi 2nd September 2007, 15:09 Quote
I'll take some temps when we get a proper block in, this is just a first look at a prototype.
completemadness 2nd September 2007, 15:37 Quote
what size hoses is this supposed to support ? the HS looks pretty chunky ..