bit-tech.net

In Win 301 Review

Comments 1 to 12 of 12

Reply
Vault-Tec 11th May 2017, 14:06 Quote
Bang tidy. Fans are no big loss, as they would usually get replaced any way.
davido_labido 11th May 2017, 15:13 Quote
Really like this. Might have to cut it up a bit :D
Bindibadgi 11th May 2017, 15:48 Quote
There's an even better one coming up at Computex (imo)

Ohivesaidtoomuch
Anfield 11th May 2017, 16:14 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindibadgi

Ohivesaidtoomuch

Nah, we are so spoilt for choice with cases we would forget in 5 minutes flat if you revealed every upcoming case for the next five years in detail.
23RO_UK 11th May 2017, 16:30 Quote
Definitely liking the look of this ;)
Combatus 11th May 2017, 16:41 Quote
In Win has SFX PSUs now so I hope they have plans to do a new mini-ITX case that ditches that huge ATX chamber up top - even the 301 could be easily modified for this and made smaller. I know ITX is still niche, but since when did In Win care about that? The 901 was a gorgeous little case but it was all wrong inside - next to no all-in-one liquid cooler or water-cooling support and a huge amount of wasted space. It was too expensive given these shortcomings - if you're spending upwards of £100 on an ITX case, you're almost certainly going to want to water-cool it.
davido_labido 11th May 2017, 17:05 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Combatus
In Win has SFX PSUs now so I hope they have plans to do a new mini-ITX case that ditches that huge ATX chamber up top - even the 301 could be easily modified for this and made smaller. I know ITX is still niche, but since when did In Win care about that? The 901 was a gorgeous little case but it was all wrong inside - next to no all-in-one liquid cooler or water-cooling support and a huge amount of wasted space. It was too expensive given these shortcomings - if you're spending upwards of £100 on an ITX case, you're almost certainly going to want to water-cool it.

This. I already know what I am going to be doing with this when I get it... Chopping out the PSU and banging an SFX in it, creating a little more rad space, dropping to an ITX mobo to fit in everything I want.... nom.
mnpctech 11th May 2017, 17:25 Quote
mine arrives on sat, in white.... didnt know about fans not being included, thank you matt
specialworks 11th May 2017, 17:35 Quote
Thanks bit-tech for being prompt.
my plan: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Sp4rky/saved/#view=3BsgsY
yup, going SFX in the top chamber... and planning a 2 rad CPU GPU loop...

The 3 o 1 is in stock here in Hong Kong, just waiting for those pesky mATX AM4 X370 boards - seems a lot of attention bringing out even more Z270 boards, which seems unnecessary! Maybe someone in the know can share the love some on Ryzen board plans for the compact crowd, with Computex round the corner...



Qs: - can bit-tech tell us if those bottom intakes would squeeze in 140mm fans (with 120mm fan hole mounts like the Noctua NF-P14R-REDUX-1500-PWM)?

cheers, Sparky
Dogbert666 12th May 2017, 10:12 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by specialworks
Thanks bit-tech for being prompt.
my plan: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Sp4rky/saved/#view=3BsgsY
yup, going SFX in the top chamber... and planning a 2 rad CPU GPU loop...

The 3 o 1 is in stock here in Hong Kong, just waiting for those pesky mATX AM4 X370 boards - seems a lot of attention bringing out even more Z270 boards, which seems unnecessary! Maybe someone in the know can share the love some on Ryzen board plans for the compact crowd, with Computex round the corner...



Qs: - can bit-tech tell us if those bottom intakes would squeeze in 140mm fans (with 120mm fan hole mounts like the Noctua NF-P14R-REDUX-1500-PWM)?

cheers, Sparky

If I have time, I will try to find out for you on Monday. No promises though!
wywywywy 12th May 2017, 14:17 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogbert666
If I have time, I will try to find out for you on Monday. No promises though!

Likewise, can a 240 rad fit on the bottom? Especially in conjunction with a 240 rad at the front.

Thanks.
SomeGuySomeDay 14th May 2017, 10:35 Quote
The case is designed for intake fans in bottom, and exhaust fans in front, pushing air out the side through the hex pattern. You can see an illustration on InWins product site. Can you test with that configuration? This review really tells us nothing about the case's cooling capacity.
Log in

You are not logged in, please login with your forum account below. If you don't already have an account please register to start contributing.



Discuss in the forums