bit-tech.net

Antec ISK600 Review

Comments 1 to 4 of 4

Reply
Ljs 4th April 2014, 12:03 Quote
It looks pretty decent but I don't get these 'shoe box' style cases at all, they need to stand up so they take up more vertical space rather than desk space and the only people that seem to have thought of that really are Silverstone.
jrs77 4th April 2014, 12:41 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljs
It looks pretty decent but I don't get these 'shoe box' style cases at all, they need to stand up so they take up more vertical space rather than desk space and the only people that seem to have thought of that really are Silverstone.

Problem is the I/O. I don't like the top-facing I/O at all for example but prefer them to face to the back, where the cables are then hanging down from and behind the desk, out of the view and out of the way.
Combatus 4th April 2014, 13:21 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljs
It looks pretty decent but I don't get these 'shoe box' style cases at all, they need to stand up so they take up more vertical space rather than desk space and the only people that seem to have thought of that really are Silverstone.

I think they're easier to work with than the likes of the SG03 and FT03 mini - the PSU in the SG03 covers the motherboard which can be a pain. Also, they're more designed to fit in a recess in a desk, perhaps under a hutch or book shelf, rather than sit in valuable desk space, or as an HTPC in a TV cabinet - there's an Elite 120 in mine as nothing else fits!
Ljs 4th April 2014, 15:15 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs77
Problem is the I/O. I don't like the top-facing I/O at all for example but prefer them to face to the back, where the cables are then hanging down from and behind the desk, out of the view and out of the way.

Yes I agree it does make sense to have the I/O at the back, but given how small an m-ITX motherboard is, it is possible to have both.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Combatus
I think they're easier to work with than the likes of the SG03 and FT03 mini - the PSU in the SG03 covers the motherboard which can be a pain. Also, they're more designed to fit in a recess in a desk, perhaps under a hutch or book shelf, rather than sit in valuable desk space, or as an HTPC in a TV cabinet - there's an Elite 120 in mine as nothing else fits!

I've never actually played with them hands on but I can imagine that. I'm just being selfish and thinking about what I'd want rather then what sells (and they probably know their market better than me).
Log in

You are not logged in, please login with your forum account below. If you don't already have an account please register to start contributing.



Discuss in the forums