bit-tech.net

Cooltek Antiphon Review

Comments 1 to 9 of 9

Reply
Hustler 17th June 2013, 14:48 Quote
Any case that follows the design aesthetics of the Fractal R4 is OK in my book.

..less is more.
mi1ez 17th June 2013, 15:08 Quote
Shame about the fans, looks like a pretty reasonable (great value) case besides that.
Parge 17th June 2013, 15:21 Quote
For those that don't know, Cooltek = Nanoxia - they are both the same company. Cooltek is the more price orientated part of the brand.

So, no great surprise on the aesthetics and design. I like it!
Somer_Himpson 17th June 2013, 20:39 Quote
Since going mini-itx recently from a lifetime of bigger and bigger builds, cases this size and bigger just become more and more pointless in my eyes.
Xir 18th June 2013, 09:48 Quote
I must have missed it, did you mention what's the maximum cooler height to go into this case?

Removable drive cages would help a lot, and they'd be better off offering the cage without fans. I like the concept though, but buying it and then replacing all the fans is a bit pointless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somer_Himpson
Since going mini-itx recently from a lifetime of bigger and bigger builds, cases this size and bigger just become more and more pointless in my eyes.
Not for silenced cases for hot components. They need internal air-volume.
There's a reason there are hardly any silenced ITX cases out there.
Dogbert666 18th June 2013, 10:07 Quote
It's hidden away in the specs list - 160mm is the max cooler clearance, and indeed our 153mm tall Tranquillo was fine.
Somer_Himpson 18th June 2013, 12:56 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xir
I must have missed it, did you mention what's the maximum cooler height to go into this case?

Removable drive cages would help a lot, and they'd be better off offering the cage without fans. I like the concept though, but buying it and then replacing all the fans is a bit pointless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somer_Himpson
Since going mini-itx recently from a lifetime of bigger and bigger builds, cases this size and bigger just become more and more pointless in my eyes.
Not for silenced cases for hot components. They need internal air-volume.
There's a reason there are hardly any silenced ITX cases out there.

I have a water cooled CPU and a v.quiet graphics card and at stock speeds, it is near silent.

I always game with my headphones on, so for me the sound increase gaming under load is not an issue.
T-20 Speakers for music.
Free your mind.
Xir 18th June 2013, 13:28 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogbert666
It's hidden away in the specs list - 160mm is the max cooler clearance, and indeed our 153mm tall Tranquillo was fine.

Thx!
leslie 1st July 2013, 01:58 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xir

Not for silenced cases for hot components. They need internal air-volume.
There's a reason there are hardly any silenced ITX cases out there.

I disagree, smaller cases can better direct the airflow to be more efficient.

It's not about how much air volume you have or can push, it's how much air you get over your heat sinks that matter. Everything else is just wasted.
Log in

You are not logged in, please login with your forum account below. If you don't already have an account please register to start contributing.



Discuss in the forums