Published on 3rd December 2010 by
Originally Posted by SchizoFrogI am so bored of these Bit-Tech previews... Until the item is released and you can do proper tests and come to a conclusion on the finished product this is a waste of time. So enough of the Game and product 'Previews' already.
Originally Posted by Fingers66I really like the look of this, I think it offers more flexibility than the R2/R3, especially with the removable/rotatable HD tray and the room for watercooling. The suggested price point is also good.
Is the front fascia aluminium? If so, did Fractal commission Lian Li to produce it like they did with the Array case?
Originally Posted by Fractal DesignHello everyone,
Some quick comments from us at Fractal;
- We'll release new pictures shortly, in which I promise the whole design will make much more sense. Especially top and front panel...
- Dual 120 rads, also thicker ones up to 60mm, will fit perfectly even with bigger memory modules like for example Corsair Dominator
- There is 2x 140mm fan slots in the front, not 120mm
- It will be 1x USB 3.0 and 3x USB 2.0
- Expected street price is 69.99 GBP / 79.99 EUR incl. VAT
- The case is considerably wider than Define, which gives much more space behind the M/B plate for cable routing
- There is 8x HDD trays, not 7x, and the upper four are in a removable, rotatable HDD cage.
Originally Posted by Fractal DesignIt's not aluminium, it's plastic with aluminium texture on it. Similar to what we have on Define R2/R3/XL. Getting alu in the front would raise the price with ca 30 EUR and we don't think most people are ready to pay that.
Originally Posted by jrs77That's how you do it. All manufacturers should send members of their staff to the forums and talk to their customers in public. That's how you build up good reputation ;)
At the mentioned price this case should be rather a very well choice and I like the minimalistic design.
The only thing I'll never understand is the placement of the USB/Audio/Power in the top, as I'd never place my case under my desk but only at my desk, where this placement is totally useless. I need those things in the front, preferably at the bottom, close to the desk itself.
There should be a law prohibiting to put your case under your desk actually :D
Oh, and I hope Fractal will release a nice mini-ITX-case (something like the Silverstone Sugo05) sometime next spring, when I'm on to build myself a SandyBridge based SFF-system
Originally Posted by murraynt
First of all Hannes, Welcome to bit tech. It's really good to see that manfacturs care about who they are selling to. You need to have a lot of balls comming on here and asking for our opinions, especially after putting so much time into a case like this (And lets face it. Alot of PC enthusiasts can be unforgiving.)
I love lhe look of the case.
Just one or two questions.
1. Have ye decided on how many of the fan mounts will be filled when it is released?
2. If I decide to not fill up the top/front of the case with fans can i get a blank piece to match the case that screws in flush? This will give you the abilitly too have sleek case and no need for dust filters.
If this turns out well it will be most certainly my next case in the new year.
Originally Posted by teppoAny chance for a Fractal Design mATX case in the near future? I love the size of my NZXT Vulcan but god dammit there's nothing good about it besides that. Combining the size of the Vulcan with looks and functionality of the Define range would have all the makings of great case.
Originally Posted by Fractal DesignThank you, I already feel very welcome here :)
1. Probably, not 100% sure yet though, 3x of the fan mounts will be filled, all with 140mm fans.
2. I'm not really sure what you mean, but if you refer to the feature we have on the Define, the ModuVent, in which you can "close" fan mounts that are not used, that will not be included in the Arc.
Originally Posted by Lord-Vale3Oh boy, Antec had better do real well with the P184, or Fractal Design might just get my money when I build a new rig in 3 years if they keep this up. Very nice looking case.
Originally Posted by PhoenixlightWhy would you be looking at cases now for a build in three years time? it would be a better idea to buy a case released in 2013, if you were buying a case now you wouldn't look and see what was released in 2007.
Originally Posted by Fractal DesignStay tuned, that will be released quite soon :)
You are not logged in, please login with your forum account below. If you don't already have an account please register to start contributing.
27th February 2015
23rd February 2015
© Copyright bit-tech