bit-tech.net

First Look: Silverstone Raven RV02-E PC Case

Comments 1 to 24 of 24

Reply
memeroot 4th May 2010, 08:59 Quote
ok so whats this TJ11???? want image!
Xir 4th May 2010, 10:00 Quote
In neither test (this nor the the RV02) you have a picture with a motherboard installed.

Strange that it's cooling performance is so....mediocre (at best)
Lockon Stratos 4th May 2010, 10:25 Quote
One thing that has really botherd me about Ravens cases asside from the cooling.... Is their inability to include dust covers - their intake fans are at the bottom of the case ffs. & I sincerely hope that those wedges that hold the case above the floor is high enough for people who have a carpeted floor to not completely cover up the intakes thus making the intakes pointless...the case designers either a total genius or just a complete utter idiot.

dust covers should come as standard on ALL cases. hats off to ANTEC who supply these as part of the case.

I dont want to pay £5 for a god damn after market dust cover especially when I need to buy 4 of them. if it means that I have to pay a little more for the case then im willing to consider the price so long as it doesnt sky rocket.
Bindibadgi 4th May 2010, 10:27 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xir
In neither test (this nor the the RV02) you have a picture with a motherboard installed.

Test?

It's a first look. I photographed it at Silverstone's office.
Picarro 4th May 2010, 10:30 Quote
I have a RV01, and it's perfect for my somewhat low-power system (Phenom 8650 @ 2,3ghz and 4850 1 gig. The heat output of that system is not great, and the Raven keeps it almost silent.
Santa-san 4th May 2010, 10:43 Quote
This chassis looks awesome! I like the fans at the bottom, makes sure it will stay cool.
rickysio 4th May 2010, 11:22 Quote
Hopefully this dual Penetrator set up will prevent dismal benchmark figures again. ;)
Yslen 4th May 2010, 12:10 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by memeroot
ok so whats this TJ11???? want image!

I second that.
Instagib 4th May 2010, 13:07 Quote
Good to see them taking comments onboard and revising it. Abit gutting if you bought the original though.
azrael- 4th May 2010, 13:48 Quote
Well, we established that the MainGear SHIFT was a *much* prettier (and much more agreeably sized) version of the RV01. How come that Silverstone themselves apparently *still* cannot release a case boasting the same features.
Xir 4th May 2010, 13:49 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindibadgi
Test?

It's a first look. I photographed it at Silverstone's office.

ummm yeah. Okay
But the RV02 was a test, right? I mean, there's temperature figures and so
pimonserry 4th May 2010, 14:27 Quote
I want one.

:(
DRC™ 4th May 2010, 15:26 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimonserry
I want one.

:(

Me to!
exexs 4th May 2010, 16:01 Quote
picture of silverstone TJ11 somewhere? really want to see before i order my new case :p
Farfalho 4th May 2010, 16:50 Quote
A friend of mine changed it's RV01 for a RV02, we were setting up his watercooling project but RV01 failed short in space, it's tottaly unfriendly for custom watercooling. The new RV02 seems a little more benevolent since the project has taken a complete turn and with some great ideias and I'm prone to say that with some changes, not slightly ones, this case could prove to be a watercooling friendly case.

It's a shame that all this stack cooling and 90º oriented motherboards tray doesn't live up to the premises, being the best at air cooling. And here I thought the E on the RV02 was the official support for the E-ATX motherboards (although it supports E-ATX, Silverstone site doesn't say so) and as consequence it would be a tad longer.
Cyberpower-UK 4th May 2010, 17:26 Quote
We did a build in FT02. I'm not a big fan of the Raven, cooling isn't what it should be, but the RV02 & FT02 both have 3x180mm fans which pretty much solve this. There are also brackets for mounting radiators on these fans (upto 480 iirc), so it also addresses how fiddly watercooling the Raven was.
skysplitter 4th May 2010, 19:22 Quote
[QUOTE=Lockon Stratos;2293086the case designers either a total genius or just a complete utter idiot.

dust covers should come as standard on ALL cases. hats off to ANTEC who supply these as part of the case.

QUOTE]Check out the silverstone web site and you'll see the sliding removable dust filters... I think the designer fits into the total genius category.
HourBeforeDawn 4th May 2010, 22:44 Quote
okay so they took the best of both worlds and combined it, awesome.
FelixTech 4th May 2010, 22:48 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by skysplitter
Check out the silverstone web site and you'll see the sliding removable dust filters... I think the designer fits into the total genius category.

No need to visit there as you can see the dust filters quite clearly in the last picture...
murtoz 5th May 2010, 01:02 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farfalho
And here I thought the E on the RV02 was the official support for the E-ATX motherboards.
Me too!!
Quote:
(although it supports E-ATX, Silverstone site doesn't say so) and as consequence it would be a tad longer.
Are you sure!?! Even 13 inch deep motherboards (SSI EEB form factor)? I believe I checked at the time and it wasn't quite roomy enough to take this...
salesman 5th May 2010, 01:02 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockon Stratos
One thing that has really botherd me about Ravens cases asside from the cooling.... Is their inability to include dust covers - their intake fans are at the bottom of the case ffs. & I sincerely hope that those wedges that hold the case above the floor is high enough for people who have a carpeted floor to not completely cover up the intakes thus making the intakes pointless...the case designers either a total genius or just a complete utter idiot.

dust covers should come as standard on ALL cases. hats off to ANTEC who supply these as part of the case.

I dont want to pay £5 for a god damn after market dust cover especially when I need to buy 4 of them. if it means that I have to pay a little more for the case then im willing to consider the price so long as it doesnt sky rocket.

As FelixTech said check the last picture it clearly shows 3 dust filters being pulled out at the bottom fans.
Bindibadgi 5th May 2010, 12:59 Quote
TJ11 lovers - Computex in June 1 month away is the earliest I've heard we can see it. It won't be ready until "Q3" though so that could mean July-Aug-Sept.
Krayzie_B.o.n.e. 6th May 2010, 21:22 Quote
Mediocre cooling at best and not very pretty, I'll keep buying Raidmax Smilodon cases until they stop making them as having the motherboard door open is very conveinant plus they have fans that blow directly on your heatsink and GPU's.

You want dust covers, go get some dryer sheets from your laundry room. Works better than any $5 dust cover I ever bought plus their cheaper and they make your room smell good.
shaffaaf27 27th August 2010, 01:11 Quote
are these in shops yet? and if so, for cooling, these or the FT02 (With air penetrators?)
Log in

You are not logged in, please login with your forum account below. If you don't already have an account please register to start contributing.



Discuss in the forums