bit-tech.net

Gigabyte Sumo 4112 Case Review

Comments 1 to 9 of 9

Reply
ry@n 7th August 2009, 11:54 Quote
Looks like Gigabyte should stick to what they know best!
robyholmes 7th August 2009, 12:18 Quote
Looks nice, shame about the cooling tho.
Paradigm Shifter 7th August 2009, 12:27 Quote
With the CPU cooling so well catered for, it's a pity that the GPU isn't. Seems like it could do with a couple of 120mm fans on the side panel directly above the GPU area...
bradders2125 7th August 2009, 15:16 Quote
Why did they make it so tall, look at the space above the mobo. It needs more length not height.
Paradigm Shifter 7th August 2009, 15:29 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradders2125
Why did they make it so tall, look at the space above the mobo. It needs more length not height.

Bear in mind that it's not a typical 'modern' case - the PSU has to go in the top rather than the bottom.

The extra space between the mobo and the PSU is probably to account for oversized heatsinks like a TRUE120.
[PUNK] crompers 7th August 2009, 15:41 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradigm Shifter
With the CPU cooling so well catered for, it's a pity that the GPU isn't. Seems like it could do with a couple of 120mm fans on the side panel directly above the GPU area...


funny you should say that, i have a Gigabyte Aurora 3D and have ended up modding a 120mm onto the inside of the mesh on the side panel. it works reasonably well, but the fact is that this design just doesnt have enough airflow, nor does it have the length required for a large graphics card.

i love the way my case looks, and i bought it mainly based on that if im honest. although if i had my choice again i'd have gone for a P180/90.
mclintox 7th August 2009, 19:32 Quote
Way overpriced for waht it is,i'm surprised you gave it 5/10 for value.Better to be had for less!
RotoSequence 7th August 2009, 19:42 Quote
If they stick with it and try to improve where they fall short, they'll be able to create good cases eventually. Being generous, they're having teething problems. If nothing changes, their case design department is rife with incompetence.
Baz 8th August 2009, 13:48 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotoSequence
If they stick with it and try to improve where they fall short, they'll be able to create good cases eventually. Being generous, they're having teething problems. If nothing changes, their case design department is rife with incompetence.

I think incompetance is a little harsh. More stagnant. The Sumo we've reviewed here is, basically, a 3D Aurora with a face lift in black aluminium. The fact that Gigabyte are still using the blue 120mm fans from the aurora as exhausts, despite this case's inbuilt red lighting is dead give away.

I do agree though, that it'd be nice to see some genuine new designs from manufactuers, instead of retreads of older models with new fascias and a few tweaks here and there, such as Antec's recent refreshes.
Log in

You are not logged in, please login with your forum account below. If you don't already have an account please register to start contributing.



Discuss in the forums