bit-tech.net

Gigabyte Z270N-Gaming 5 Review

Comments 1 to 7 of 7

Reply
Vault-Tec 17th May 2017, 13:55 Quote
It's nice apart from the fact it honks "orange" and has RGB LED. That is confusing to me. Why tie it to a certain colour combo if you can pretty much light it up any colour you desire?

It would look lovely in an orange and black build though.
Hustler 17th May 2017, 14:59 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vault-Tec

It would look lovely in an orange and black build though.

I doubt you'll be able to see any of the orange trim once you've filled the board up with GPU, Ram & heatsink.
Wakka 17th May 2017, 15:40 Quote
Was between this and the Z270 Strix for a while. Settled on the Asus for the more understated look, dual M2 slots and better rear IO connectivity.

Only complaint I have is the god-awful fan header locations. Literally impossible to get to once you install any hardware!
Combatus 17th May 2017, 16:56 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vault-Tec
It's nice apart from the fact it honks "orange" and has RGB LED. That is confusing to me. Why tie it to a certain colour combo if you can pretty much light it up any colour you desire?

It would look lovely in an orange and black build though.

It's a tricky call but I'm a little more in favour of going with some sort of colour. The all-black of the MSI ITX board is a little too bland tbh and a splash of colour really helps to boost the aesthetics. I agree about the addition of RGB, though, as as soon as you add colour you lose the colour neutrality so colour matching goes out the window.
ChaosDefinesOrder 17th May 2017, 20:40 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakka
Was between this and the Z270 Strix for a while. Settled on the Asus for the more understated look, dual M2 slots and better rear IO connectivity.

Only complaint I have is the god-awful fan header locations. Literally impossible to get to once you install any hardware!

yeah I'll second this; the AIO "fan" header is almost impossible to get to even before installing anything else; I had to resort to using long needle-nosed pliers to plug that in!
Wakka 18th May 2017, 09:51 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosDefinesOrder
yeah I'll second this; the AIO "fan" header is almost impossible to get to even before installing anything else; I had to resort to using long needle-nosed pliers to plug that in!

Yep, which is an ironic oversight as it's the AIO that completely covers it:

http://i65.tinypic.com/o9274k.jpg

No chance!

Fan headers should ALWAYS be either on the right hand or bottom edges of a motherboard - IE as far away as possible from any cooler or fans.
jrs77 18th May 2017, 10:41 Quote
The Z270N-WiFi looks like the better choice really. Better layout and dual ethernet.
Log in

You are not logged in, please login with your forum account below. If you don't already have an account please register to start contributing.



Discuss in the forums