bit-tech.net

MSI Z97S SLI Plus Review

Comments 1 to 6 of 6

Reply
SchizoFrog 23rd July 2014, 14:45 Quote
Seems a solid board but is too close to better performing boards that offer more features. I think the price will drop by £10-£20 shortly.

On another note, any news on the ASUS VII Impact Mini-ITX review?
bawjaws 23rd July 2014, 23:06 Quote
Is there really a need for a board like this to have two PCI slots? Kill them with fire!
Combatus 24th July 2014, 00:19 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawjaws
Is there really a need for a board like this to have two PCI slots? Kill them with fire!

I guess as it's slightly more budget-focussed they might be useful for people transplanting older sound cards, although tbh most have been PCI-E for a while. I certainly wouldn't miss them :)
Combatus 24th July 2014, 00:20 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizoFrog

On another note, any news on the ASUS VII Impact Mini-ITX review?

Not yet. We've got the standard Z97 Asus mini-ITX plus the Maximus VII Formula waiting in the wings though.
SchizoFrog 24th July 2014, 00:29 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Combatus
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizoFrog

On another note, any news on the ASUS VII Impact Mini-ITX review?

Not yet. We've got the standard Z97 Asus mini-ITX plus the Maximus VII Formula waiting in the wings though.

Thanks... Guess I'll just have to keep waiting. Looking forward to those two ASUS reviews though, especially the Mini-ITX as it will be interesting to see what you do get for (expected) far less money.
bawjaws 24th July 2014, 10:13 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Combatus
I guess as it's slightly more budget-focussed they might be useful for people transplanting older sound cards, although tbh most have been PCI-E for a while. I certainly wouldn't miss them :)

TBF, the board is £100 so it's not strictly budget territory when you could pick up a non-overclocking board for half that (but granted it's a "budget" board relative to some of the high end Z97 stuff out there). I can understand maybe having a single PCI slot at a push for a legacy soundcard, but two seems totally unnecessary.

The sooner these abominations are purged from the face of the earth, the better :)
Log in

You are not logged in, please login with your forum account below. If you don't already have an account please register to start contributing.



Discuss in the forums