bit-tech.net

Corsair and Intel's Computex OC Main Event

Comments 1 to 9 of 9

Reply
The_Crapman 4th June 2013, 13:42 Quote
What's with the blowtorch? Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of using ln2???
Gurdeep14 4th June 2013, 13:49 Quote
I think they use it to keep the cpu from cooling down too much and therefore failing to boot? But I'm not 100% sure.
A GTX Titan with 5 8 pin PCI-E connections? seriously?
Grimloon 4th June 2013, 14:41 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by article
while the highest CPU frequency of the day of 6,984GHz earned Lin222 and Mad222 a share of $3000

I promise I'm not nitpicking here, I just had to pick my jaw up off the desk after reading that figure. Are you sure you didn't mean MHz rather than GHz as otherwise that's the best part of a 200,000% overclock!
Bindibadgi 4th June 2013, 14:52 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Crapman
What's with the blowtorch? Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of using ln2???

Blow torch is to (quickly) counter cold-bugging to heat up the CPU block.

5x PCIe power connectors: Yup. Andre says it will pull over 1.5KW on its own, hence the need for 2x 1200W PSUs.
Parge 4th June 2013, 14:56 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimloon
Quote:
Originally Posted by article
while the highest CPU frequency of the day of 6,984GHz earned Lin222 and Mad222 a share of $3000

I promise I'm not nitpicking here, I just had to pick my jaw up off the desk after reading that figure. Are you sure you didn't mean MHz rather than GHz as otherwise that's the best part of a 200,000% overclock!

Think that comma should be a point - you are definitely nit picking.
GeorgeStorm 4th June 2013, 14:58 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Crapman
What's with the blowtorch? Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of using ln2???

Normally you'll get two potential issues with temperature. (ignoring stuff like condensation etc)

Cold bug and cold boot bug.

Cold bug is where the chip/board will just not work below a certain temperature, simple as.

Cold boot bug is where the chip/board won't boot below a certain temperature, simple as.

Obviously if you're unlucky and there's a big difference between the CB and CBB, (say the CB is -180 and the CBB is -100) it means that if it does crash you need to heat up the pot quite a bit before you can carry on benching, a blow torch is a good way to speed that process up :)
Waynio 4th June 2013, 18:13 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindibadgi
5x PCIe power connectors: Yup. Andre says it will pull over 1.5KW on its own, hence the need for 2x 1200W PSUs.
:D

Awesome trophies & prizes too for the madderclockers. :D
Meanmotion 4th June 2013, 18:25 Quote
Corrected the frequency typo. Cheers guys.
rollo 5th June 2013, 11:49 Quote
1.5kw for 1 gpu on its own wowzers lol.
Log in

You are not logged in, please login with your forum account below. If you don't already have an account please register to start contributing.



Discuss in the forums