Sapphire X1600 Ultimate vs MSI NX7600

Atomsk 8th June 2006, 15:21 Quote
woot first post. It would be interesting to see how they perform in crossfire and sli.
gvblake22 8th June 2006, 16:37 Quote
Personally, I like the idea of having a much more efficient, cool running card with the 7600GS. Like the article said, they are both great cards, but if I had to choose, I would pick the 7600GS for its lower price and cooler/quieter operation.
oasked 8th June 2006, 16:40 Quote
Just tried the 1080p HD trailer of 'Cars' on my X800XL. Smooth as anything. Does ATI support all this video stuff without AVIVO then?

EDIT: Just noticed my CPU usage got up to 80%. Good thing its overclocked then. :D
WilHarris 8th June 2006, 17:02 Quote
You'll find that you're dropping frames. Look for occasional horizontal lines across the video. Avivo is on X1000 and up.
anduril 8th June 2006, 19:41 Quote
Originally Posted by gvblake22

i thought the article said that the sapphire had the best heatsink since it had an extra cooler that spins up if it really gets hot and that the 7600Gs could get really hot. if i were to choose a budget card it be that sapphire.
DLoney 9th June 2006, 02:17 Quote
Dang!

Look at that sapphire's Box...
automagsrock 9th June 2006, 10:56 Quote
The Saphire will work in crossfire w/out a master card right...

Hello new setup for cheap!
sl1xx 14th June 2006, 21:48 Quote
id like to see these type of coolers on the likes of 7900 and 1900 fans annoy me lol
Blademrk 15th June 2006, 14:27 Quote
I could do with replacing my BFG 6600GT OC... Very tempted with the MSI (price point and possible update to SLI later on) although I do like the sound of the passive cooler on the saphire.

Looking at the heatsink on that saphire doesn't half remind me of a particular brand of cola for some reason though :D