Darksiders II review

alpaca 20th August 2012, 09:45 Quote
really liked the first one, a bit mindless, but good fun. Is it also true this one is better played with a controller? The first one surely was...
Energizer bunny 20th August 2012, 10:42 Quote
No mention of graphics or performance issues. Can I just take it that these are up to scratch?
Blademrk 20th August 2012, 11:20 Quote
After the PC reviews I've read, I think it's better to play it on the 360. The PC version has... issues (Hell, the first Darksiders had issues on the PC, I couldn't even get it to recognise my 360 Joypad).

Saying that though, I did love it on the 360 (and I'm now playing it again on the PS3 thanks to my PS+ subscription) and can't wait for my copy of DS2 to arrive in the post.
SlowMotionSuicide 20th August 2012, 11:43 Quote
Had the first installment on PS3 (since this is the only genre I play with consoles), and I'd really hope I'd got it for PC instead - PS3 just lacks the grunt to properly run some of the larger areas, the refresh rate dropping below playable. And as anyone aqcuainted with games of this sort knows smooth framerate is an absolute must, especially when you start upping the difficulty.

Definitely on my list to get, though, once the price drops a little. Guild Wars 2 coming out soon.
runadumb 20th August 2012, 13:42 Quote
I'm really looking forward to this. I rented the first on PS3 and as SlowMotionSuicide said the framerate was terrible in places but I loved the game. It was a 7 out of 10 that had 10/10 potential but just fell short in, well, every area I guess. That ending though, those last 5 seconds, what a "**** YEAH!" moment.

I bought it on PC during a sale and before moving onto Darksiders 2 I will re-play it... after I finish Alice: The madness returns. Which is another game that ,despite its many flaws, I'm really enjoying. I keep hitting that F12 screenshot key :) The art style is incredible!
wizpig 21st August 2012, 12:12 Quote
tt
Blademrk 22nd August 2012, 11:23 Quote
My copy arrived yesterday, love it so far, but I can't help but feel that Death should have been voiced by John Hurt (although Michael Wincott does sound as if he's trying to sound like Hurt).