Published on 18th April 2012 by
Originally Posted by YemerichI played the witcher 1 in the enhanced version. And I loved it.
Witcher 2 feels like above average at most for me.
Am I the only one that think the combat system in witcher 2 is utterly annoying? Annoying to the point of stop playing it?
Originally Posted by pendragonwow.. one of the few times I think I strong disagree with your rating... I found the combat so incredibly broken .. on normal is was too hard in the beginning and on easy it was pathetically easy the entire game ... I didn't see any sense of scaling or balance with it.. I guess it was just me, but that was a huge negative for my enjoyment..
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition
a. New Quests in Chapter 3. Two quests related to the core storyline and representing up to 4 additional hours of gameplay have been added in Chapter 3.
1) Lilies and Vipers
Brigida Papebrock, a lady-in-waiting at King Foltests court, was recruited by Vernon Roche. Her mission - to seduce the two most powerful Temerian nobles and simultaneously keep a an eye on the assassinated monarchs ******* children. In this capacity, she discovered the mystery behind Boussy's death and thus became an inconvenient witness, a hunted animal. Who sought to get rid of Boussy? Are Count Maravel and Baron Kimbolt involved? The truth about Foltest's last male heir is hidden somewhere within the rich web of schemes and accusations these characters spin.
2) The Secrets of Loc Muinne
The witcher is reunited with the sorceress Cynthia, who can lead him straight to the laboratory of the mysterious Aep Dearhenna, a mage who allegedly discovered the secret behind the downfall of the ancient Vran civilization. Will the witcher dare to work with the sorceress again, who managed to fool Philippa Eilhart herself, and who has revealed herself to be a young, ambitious Nilfgaardian agent? What does the Nilfgaardian Intelligence Service hope to find in the caverns beneath Loc Muinne? What did Aep Dearhenna actually discover? If they embark on the expedition, the witcher and Cynthia face numerous challenges in the monster infested and booby trapped corridors under the city.
b. New Transitional Cinematics. These short in-game movies, summarizing each chapter upon its completion, provide a smooth transition into each subsequent chapter and are designed to inform players of their current geographical position in the game world.
c. Final Boards. These video sequences, composed of procedurally combined short movies, summarize players in-game choices. The movies have been crafted from game levels, characters and assets, using a variety of effects and camera shots. A total of 12 movies illustrate alternative states of the game world as determined by player choices. Upon completing the game, players see most of their key in-game decisions reflected in five 30-second movies arrayed variously depending on their individual playthrough. Set to an original composition recorded using a live choir, the Final Boards constitute a 230 game summary upon completion.
d. New Movie Witchers. Designed for players new to The Witcher franchise, this movie was built using hand-drawn 2D art animated in Flash, in the same style as the Flashbacks and Memories in The Witcher 2. It describes witchers in some detail.
e. New Game Intro. This 3.5 minute, pre-rendered cinematic (CG), directed by BAFTA Award winner and Academy Award nominee Tomasz Bagiński, depicts the assassination of King Demavend, a key historical event occurring shortly before the beginning of The Witcher 2.
f. New Game Outro. This new 1.5 minute, engine-rendered cut scene appears at the end of the game and serves as teaser for whats to come. An ordinary man witnesses a Nilfgaardian army assembling to march. Requiring extensive post-processing and featuring original environments, lighting and assets, this high quality sequence serves as a cliff hanger, building player anticipation for the next installment in the Witcher series.
g. New Locations. Fresh locations were produced for the significant new quests now available in Chapter 3. These includes a system of underground chambers beneath Loc Muinne and a temperate coniferous forest with a secret cave passage in the mountains surrounding the ancient city.
h. Additional Cut Scenes. Eleven new rendered cut scenes have been added at various junctures to enrich in-game events. Created using a new set of motion-captured animations, these additions include 3 engine-rendered cut scenes illustrating the events that transpire in Loc Muinne when Geralt is engaged elsewhere. Each movie is made of 3 fully animated and rendered scenes that required extensive post production.
i. Dolby* Digital Support. The game is presented in Dolby® Digital surround sound. Connect your PC with Dolby Digital Live technology to a sound system with Dolby Digital decoding using a S/PDIF digital audio cable. Make sure that your PC is configured properly to deliver Dolby Digital audio during gameplay to experience the excitement of surround sound.
Additionally, The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition includes all features previously added under Version 2.0.
Arena is a new gameplay mode that is separate from the main adventure and narrative of The Witcher 2. In this mode, Geralt of Rivia duels a variety of foes to the death in a gladiatorial arena located in an unnamed town somewhere in the Northern Kingdoms. In addition to winning gold and valuable items, players also receive points for their wins. They can then post their point totals on-line to compare their achievements against those of other blood sport enthusiasts around the world. Geralt can encounter both foes and allies in the arena. He can recruit the latter for a fee to assist him during his most challenging clashes.To post your point totals to the forum, you must be registered and have a forum account! Register and establish your account directly through the game launcher or go to www.thewitcher.com. You can then log in to your account via the launcher. IMPORTANT: Players using mods to alter their character attributes and statistics will not be able to post their point totals from the Arena to the server. This is a necessary precaution to prevent any attempts at distorting competition or misrepresenting player achievements.
The game tutorial takes the form of a brief adventure during which players learn how to use a range of game mechanics and functionalities. Assuming the role of game protagonist Geralt of Rivia, players save a wounded knight named Bolton of Ironford while learning game controls as well as the basics of combat and alchemy. This transpires step by step as the tutorial guides players through a series of minor missions. Upon completion, based on demonstrated abilities, the tutorial recommends the difficulty level which the player should choose in embarking on the main adventure of The Witcher 2.
3. Dark Difficulty
The Dark difficulty setting is the most demanding difficulty level in gameplay terms. Under this setting, each and every foe represents a significant challenge. In addition to raising the difficulty bar, the module includes several new sets of equipment/items that are linked through a dark legend detailed in the Journal. Once all their components have been collected and donned, the Blasphemers, Oathbreakers and Kinslayers outfits provide great advantages in combat. The swords included in the outfits strip opponents of Vitality while supplementing the witchers. However, given that they are cursed, the swords provide no benefit and harm Geralt by sapping him of Vitality as long as the outfits to which they belong remain incomplete.
4) The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition Corrections/Amendments (April 17, 2012)
1. Launcher now includes an option to toggle DLCs off and on.
2. Assorted animals have been added to the game.
3. New werewolf trophy has been added in Chapter 3.
4. New, randomly dispersed swords have been added.
5. Fixed error in potions_time_bonus value at level 2 of Specialization: Potions ability.
6. Fixed description of 'Control over the Power' ability.
7. Fixed incorrect description of Alchemist ability.
8. Fixed incorrect description of Amplification ability at level 2.
9. Fixed incorrect description of Energy Flow ability at level 2.
10. Fixed incorrect description of Control over the Power ability at level 2.
11. Fixed incorrect description of Synthesis ability at level 2.
12. Fixed incorrect description of Combat Acumen ability.
13. Fixed incorrect description of Gadwall potion.
14. Fixed the balance of the Position ability at level 2.
15. Fixed incorrect damage calculation for Whirl ability.
16. Fixed spark FX and no damage taken when rolling while being attacked by foe.
17. Fixed incorrect notification when using Axii Sign on golems.
18. Mahakam Rune Sihil sword is now imported from TW1 game saves to New Game.
19. Parry and Signs are now improved when Geralt has increased Vigor.
20. Parry bug has been fixed. Players can no longer parry for 0 damage.
21. Quen Sign has been significantly nerfed. It now wears off after one or two hits.
22. Adrenaline no longer loads during boss fights.
23. Fixed bug that caused Igni to deal no damage when used right after a sword hit.
24. Fixed incorrect game behavior when saving game while casting bombs.
25. Kayran now casts fewer stones at end of fight.
26. Fixed bug allowing potions to be consumed with Toxicity at 100%.
27. Finisher performed on rotfiends no longer adds additional weapon.
28. Redanian soldiers in Chapter 3 now spawn correctly.
29. Fire now removes Quen Sign during dragon boss fight in Chapter 3.
30. Fixed targeting on dragon in Chapter 3.
31. Added new statistics for NPCs to correct game balance in Chapter 3.
32. Cat potion effect now disappears during dialogue sequences and cut scenes.
33. Target marker and enemy names have been removed from fist fights.
34. Fixed display name for wraiths.
35. Small fixes introduced in NPC taunt behavior during fights.
36. Fixed NPC behavior after combat.
37. All critical effects dealt to player are canceled before any scene starts.
38. Fixed unusual behavior of clothing when using Heliotrope Sign.
39. Small fixes introduced in Dice Poker mini-game.
40. Several fixes introduced in mini-maps.
41. Fixed several camera shots in dialogue sequences.
42. Fixed dialogue camera in Blood Curse quest.
43. Walkmesh fixed in Roches tent.
44. Walkmesh fixed in Chapter 3 sewers.
45. Walkmesh fixed when following Roche on Chapter 3.
46. Walkmesh fixed in central square of Loc Muinne.
47. Walkmesh fixed near Nilfgaardian camp in Chapter 3.
48. Fixed several camera collisions.
49. Fixed tent roof collisions in Chapter 3.
50. Fixed collisions in butchers house in Flotsam.
51. Fixed collisions on Roches ship.
52. Fixed chest collision on ship in Chapter 2.
53. Fixed broken poster at Flotsam gate.
54. Fixed Temerian flag collision.
55. Fixed several locations, decorations, walkmeshes and occluders.
56. Small fixes made in environment blending.
57. Assorted fixes made in character lighting.
58. Fixed flying meshes in Prologue.
59. Fixed blinking trees in Chapter 3.
60. Fixed blinking grass on Draug location.
61. Fixed low detail texture on rock in camp of the Order of the Flaming Rose.
62. Fixed Wild Hunt graphics in Chapter 3.
63. Fixed clock in Meditation panel.
64. Fixed broken texture during Meditation in UI.
65. Fixed spyglass icon in Inventory.
66. Added mages banner to Epilogue in Loc Muinne.
67. Added Nilfgaardian flags in Chapter 3.
68. Added new FX for magic in Epilogue.
69. Fixed trade stalls in Flotsam so they close at night.
70. Fixed Geralts head on cut scene in Prologue.
71. Fixed Golems facial expressions.
72. Fixed ragdoll effect on Golems body.
73. Fixed ragdoll effect on nekkers.
74. Fixed distortions on Saskias voice in cut scene in Chapter 2.
75. Sneak mode music is now saved and reappears when a game is loaded.
76. Several fixes introduced in cut scene audio.
77. Fixed cut-scene sound synchronization.
78. Missing sounds supplemented in Chapter 3 cut scenes.
79. Balance of sound and music fixed in Epilogue.
80. Fixed problems with music playback in Epilogue.
81. Fixed reverb in sewers in Chapter 3.
82. Fixed mage teleport sound effect.
83. Fixed crowd in amphitheatre in Chapter 3.
84. Fixed waypoint for Geralts death cut scene in Loc Muinne.
85. Fixed situation whereby Geralt could tell Dethmold that he had a spearhead when this was not present in the Inventory.
86. Triss now always casts spell when interviewing wounded elf in Chapter 1.
87. Shilard now holds the Triss figurine when showing it to Assire.
88. Fixed block on Roches movement during fight against soldiers on the walls in Chapter 3.
89. Fixed blocker in Conspiracy quest in Chapter 2.
90. Items collected in Prologue now appear in correct slots at the opening of Chapter 1.
91. Fixed interaction with Síles megascope in Chapter 3.
92. Fixed highlight effect on doors when using Medallion in Chapter 3.
93. Chest can now be looted after fight with Letho in Chapter 1.
94. Added loot to Dethmolds chest.
95. Fixed loot in containers in Chapter 3.
96. Fixed Lethos gestures in dialogue sequence in Chapter 3.
97. Fixed a number of inconsistent Journal entries.
98. Fixed Dethmolds grimoire so it appears in Quest Item category in Inventory.
99. Fixed instances where Esc Menu could not be accessed.
100. Game can now be saved while walking through the forest with Anezka.
101. Assorted fixes made in game saving functionality and associated menus.
102. Assorted localization improvements have been made.
Originally Posted by rogerrabbitsBut if the combat is bad, what else is left? These games mostly involving running around fighting, so having crappy combat (and most RPG's do imo), is a total downer. All you are left with some story which you get better on TV. I'll never understand why games like this and Skyrim get so hyped up.
Originally Posted by mighty_pirate
I know what you mean, I managed the combat on normal, but it was definitely much harder at the start than once you'd unlocked a few talents.
But you know you can change the difficulty on the fly? I resisted the urge, but you could set it to easy until you get your first few talents & then up it to normal.
Originally Posted by CowBlazedThe only people complaining about the combat are those who gave up early.
Originally Posted by rogerrabbitsQuote:Originally Posted by CowBlazedThe only people complaining about the combat are those who gave up early.
I played it pretty far, I just found it boring. To me it was neither one thing nor the other. It wasn't thoughtful and tactical RPG combat like AD&D games, and it wasn't much of an action game either. I remember playing games like Oni about 11 years ago which had really fun combat and with all these big budgets and high technology, they still can't even match that.
The same goes for Skyrim too, and Gothic/Arcania, Risen, Two Worlds, and whatever else tries to pretend it's an RPG these days. If it doesn't have dozens of spells like Enfeeblement and Ice Storm and Delayed Blast Fireball and Poison/Disease which damages stuff over time and magic resistances and ways to pierce resists etc.. (or similar ideas at least), then it's not a tactical RPG. And if it's going to just be an action game or a hack n slash game, then I at least expect something which is as exciting and involving as Streetfighter 2 but in a first or 3rd person view. All these click click click, dive, click click click type games are just half arsed imo. They might have decent stories and flashy graphics but in a game I want something I can actually play with.
Originally Posted by BigspleenYou played an Action RPG and expected a tactical RPG?
Originally Posted by BigspleenAND With bombs, Poisons, signs, you obviously never played much as the game has a tonne of abilities, resistances, stuff that does damage over time, did you even play past the tutorial?
Originally Posted by BigspleenYou can sum up every RPG ever made as click, click, dive, click click,
Originally Posted by Bigspleen
the truth as a lot different, for one Dodging, using bombs, signs are important at higher difficulties, Again stop playing on easy and go past the titorial.
Originally Posted by Bigspleen
It's obvious you have an agenda, fact is nothing you said about the combat is remotely true. Click, Click, Dive, Click, Click is like saying every game is button mashing because you hit buttons. Not true and clearly shows you are trolling the game for some weird reason. Every game can be sumed up like that if you dumb it down to that level.
Originally Posted by DedersIs that just to do with eyefinity or can no one with a radeon play the game?
Originally Posted by BazFinally installing this now then. Joe says I'll hate it.
Originally Posted by rogerrabbitsNo what I said was that I don't find it good at being a tactical game OR an action game. If it's an action game then give me good action.
I got far enough to know what's what. The signs were stupid and only one of them was worth using (the shield type one). I had more abilities when I played World of Warcraft and that's clearly a kids game.
Wtf? You ever played Icewind Dale or Ultima or Wizardry or Summoner or Baldurs Gate or any of the old classic RPG's? It's so sad that the average modern gamer these days things that an RPG is just hack n slash.
Lol the old "use a harder difficulty" defense.
You don't know enough about games to even understand. I'm guessing you are about 14.
Originally Posted by BigspleenI grew up playing Sierra Adventure games kings quest, space quest in the 80's, when you were in diapers, its close minded people like you who think because games are more action based they automatically are not as good as all those you listed that permeate forums whining all day about how good games used to be. Yes I played all of those non of which has anything to do with my poiint. The Action in TW2 is great, so your point = moot.
Umm difficulty is there for a reason, noticed how you refutted that by using the old LOL, says it all. What else is difficulty there for?
Signs were stupid? HUH? Sure, I say they are not nor do any reviews or 99% of people who played it, so i'll go with facts.
You are not logged in, please login with your forum account below. If you don't already have an account please register to start contributing.
27th May 2016
26th May 2016
19th May 2016
© Copyright bit-tech