bit-gamer.net

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Preview

Comments 1 to 25 of 72

Reply
Ph4ZeD 22nd July 2011, 09:06 Quote
Battlefield 3. That is all.
victorres2 22nd July 2011, 09:10 Quote
to the writer:

dude stop being so pessimistic about a damn game, for me it lets me escape reality like the elder scrolls does.

i for one got to say that the no russian stage in mw2 was the ****........................my wife pissed the hell out of me earlier that day because i bought the game, so naturally killed all them fool lol.

on another note when are they going to come out with a call of duty: narco wars lol
V3ctor 22nd July 2011, 09:36 Quote
This... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpWr3wydgOc

Already pre-ordered it and I'm anxious to play it. And I didn't knew that it won so many prizes in E3... Just wow...
The_Beast 22nd July 2011, 09:40 Quote
So COD MW2 with a number added on?
Ph4ZeD 22nd July 2011, 09:48 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by V3ctor
This... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpWr3wydgOc

Already pre-ordered it and I'm anxious to play it. And I didn't knew that it won so many prizes in E3... Just wow...

That trailer gives me a bit of an orgasm every time.
Nikols 22nd July 2011, 09:59 Quote
'Or, if you need ammo fast, then you restock by grabbing guns off dead enemies,' said our Activision assistant. 'Which is pretty cool, right?'

Oh dear...
slothy89 22nd July 2011, 10:20 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikols
'Or, if you need ammo fast, then you restock by grabbing guns off dead enemies,' said our Activision assistant. 'Which is pretty cool, right?'

Oh dear...

Oh look! Keyboard and mouse support for PC!
Toploaded 22nd July 2011, 10:25 Quote
This preview sums up the mood of gamers everywhere. For the sake of gaming I hope BF3 outsells it by quite a margin.
oatey4519 22nd July 2011, 10:35 Quote
Now this is a review i'm liking the look of....
So basically MW3 is for Kiddies with there consoles who love running in akimbo killing you from a mile away.
Whilst playing the same game as the last two with no changes...... awesome

Zzzzz

BF3!! - for real gamers - PC Version
wuyanxu 22nd July 2011, 10:37 Quote
Quote:
Maybe we felt we'd already seen everything we needed to see, or we just weren't in the mood; maybe we're pretentious game-snobs who demand more innovation than what's offered by MW3. Or, maybe it's a mix of all these reasons and more.
pretty much summed it all up.

MW2++. or MW2 + more polish.

CoD is a fun game to spend a few hours on. definitely not worth £40 asking price though.
Jamie 22nd July 2011, 10:49 Quote
Don't forget to factor in another £15 for the extra maps they will release that should have been shipped with the game in the first place.
jake9891 22nd July 2011, 10:58 Quote
what really annoys me about CoD is that no one is playing the older games anymore, like MW2, bought the damn thing for £40 with add-ons and can't even find a server to play on.... waste of money
Kenny_McCormick 22nd July 2011, 11:06 Quote
Not a game I'll pay 60€ for. Maybe in 8 years for 15. This year I'm going to buy BF3 instead.

And btw, I liked the MW2 spec ops. The defend mode only is boring.
dannyjh69 22nd July 2011, 11:23 Quote
I think MW3 single player will be the same old monotonous drivel re-packaged from old, however i do feel there is a place for the multiplayer side of the game.

While i am a BF convert i still think that MW2 offered a fast paced, pick up and play experience which appealed to every tom dick and harry.

As with any big brand company i think that the COD creators have given in to masses, let the success go to their heads, and are ultimately frightened to change absolutely anything in the game through fear of not replicating the mammoth game sales of previous years.

If i had the activision guys in a room i would tell them this ''candy floss is nice guys, but too much of the same will make you sick'' time eat something new people. My choice is a super size battlefield burger with side helping of dustruction. YUMMA
philheckler 22nd July 2011, 11:34 Quote
mw3 is not even registering on my gaming radar........
Bungletron 22nd July 2011, 11:44 Quote
I have always preferred the Infinity Ward games to the Treyarch updates, hardly any innovation in MW2 but the story and characters (tho admittedly ridiculous) are far more compelling than anything Treyarch or EA have offered up. At the very least I am keen to see what will happen to Captain Price and Soap next, that may be the only reason to continue this franchise but it is good enough for me!
sotu1 22nd July 2011, 12:00 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungletron
I have always preferred the Infinity Ward games to the Treyarch updates, hardly any innovation in MW2 but the story and characters (tho admittedly ridiculous) are far more compelling than anything Treyarch or EA have offered up. At the very least I am keen to see what will happen to Captain Price and Soap next, that may be the only reason to continue this franchise but it is good enough for me!

I'm largely of this opinion too. But there's no way in hell I'll pay anything over a tenner to play the 3 hour single player mode. The MP is turd too. So bring on BF!
PQuiff 22nd July 2011, 12:01 Quote
indifference.......
tom_hargreaves 22nd July 2011, 12:02 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by oatey4519
Now this is a review i'm liking the look of....
So basically MW3 is for Kiddies with there consoles who love running in akimbo killing you from a mile away.
Whilst playing the same game as the last two with no changes...... awesome

Zzzzz

BF3!! - for real gamers - PC Version

Be more cliché please.
oatey4519 22nd July 2011, 12:13 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_hargreaves
Be more cliché please.
BRAWL 22nd July 2011, 12:29 Quote
Joe I read the first two parts of the review and instantly went "Right so regardless of this being YET ANOTHER P.O.S COD game, he's deciding to try and ignore the annoying bad bits about it that have occured in game after game since MW2." That's not the way you should be conducting yourself sir... write about how YOU feel about the game. Not whats going to create more revenue stream.

Also, BF3 versus MW3... this could get intresting.
Otis1337 22nd July 2011, 13:41 Quote
pass
MaverickWill 22nd July 2011, 13:45 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAWL
Joe I read the first two parts of the review and instantly went "Right so regardless of this being YET ANOTHER P.O.S COD game, he's deciding to try and ignore the annoying bad bits about it that have occured in game after game since MW2." That's not the way you should be conducting yourself sir... write about how YOU feel about the game. Not whats going to create more revenue stream.

Also, BF3 versus MW3... this could get intresting.

You may want to read the rest of it... >.>
lacuna 22nd July 2011, 14:14 Quote
I played through MW2 but I had no inclination to replay it so just sold it. Can't see what the controversy was over 'No Russian', the only disappointment was that you couldn't run -could've have killed far more if you could run!
Log in

You are not logged in, please login with your forum account below. If you don't already have an account please register to start contributing.



Discuss in the forums