Mortal Kombat: Armageddon on the Wii

DougEdey 10th June 2007, 08:09 Quote
They should have used the numchuck for movement, would have helped.

Unfortunately none of the games on the Wii are re-selling it to me, I haven't used mine in about 3 months other then the occasional Friday night when we stage it from our flat.
CardJoe 10th June 2007, 09:44 Quote
Likewise, though Super Paper Mario may turn that around for me.
DougEdey 10th June 2007, 10:18 Quote
I'm not sure about that, the original Paper mario didn't make me sit up and say "Wow", Super Mario Galaxy looks OK, but nothing special. The only thing that's preventing me from selling is SSBB. But even that I haven't seen much that seperates it from SSBM and even SSB.
julianmartin 10th June 2007, 11:13 Quote
I'm surprised 7/10 was given since that review was mostly spent talking about bad points...
GamingHobo 10th June 2007, 12:30 Quote
Originally Posted by DougEdey

Having played Super Mario Galaxy I can tell you now it looks far more than okay, though that is just my opinion naturally.
DougEdey 10th June 2007, 12:34 Quote
From all the stuff released by Nintendo to the public there's nothing amazing from what I can see. I bought Shadowrun on Friday and I'm taking it back tomorrow, the game looks great, but the control scheme is too confusing.
Firehed 10th June 2007, 18:11 Quote
Damn. My Wii has been a little too bored recently, and I was rather looking forward to MK:A on it. From what I was hearing earlier, they'd done a lot better job on the controls for it, too. Guess I'll have to hunt around for a few GC games for it.

At least I have something of vague interest to write (read: complain) about on the ol' blog. Nintendo Seal of Quality 2.0™ ;)
sulk 10th June 2007, 20:28 Quote
I'm suprised you downplayed Motor Kombat. That's the only thing that me and my friends play on that game, first time we got it we played it for 5 hours straight. Always seems to be fun to play. Although they could have given it a lot more things, or unlocks, such as maps and characters. It's too bad they didn't make a game just for that.
CardJoe 10th June 2007, 22:30 Quote
They did, it's called Mario Kart and it's ace if you get it off VC ;)
Bladestorm 10th June 2007, 22:55 Quote
I've not had much chance to get far into twilight princess yet, so I'm not exactly in a rush for new games, but I think of those released so far, trauma center: second opinion and super paper mario sound like they will top the list. With super mario galaxy and metroid prime 3 to probably be added in a few months when they see release, not a lot else looks all that tempting, though from the very polarised opinions on eledees, that might bear investigation too.
DXR_13KE 10th June 2007, 23:36 Quote
if only the games were cheaper as Nintendo told they were gonna be some time before release.
Blademrk 11th June 2007, 10:32 Quote
And in case you were wondering Liu Kang is a zombie because Sho Khan killed him off in one of the last games (think it was Deception).

This is one of the games I was looking forward to on the Wii, if the controls are that bad however I think I might give it a miss.