bit-gamer.net

Crysis 2 DirectX 11 Patch Analysis

Comments 126 to 134 of 134

Reply
impar 13th July 2011, 21:26 Quote
Greetings!
Quote:
Originally Posted by feathers
I would be interested to know what C1 graphics mods you're using though so perhaps you can post links?
The ones I remember using were Triple C and Mster Config.
feathers 13th July 2011, 21:44 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by impar
Greetings!
Quote:
Originally Posted by feathers
I would be interested to know what C1 graphics mods you're using though so perhaps you can post links?
The ones I remember using were Triple C and Mster Config.

I am looking it up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXgRu9fvPe4

Quite a cool C1 cutscene.
impar 14th July 2011, 00:43 Quote
Greetings!
Quote:
Originally Posted by feathers
I am looking it up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXgRu9fvPe4
Quite a cool C1 cutscene.
It is. But it does look better at more than 240p...
Gunsmith 14th July 2011, 00:48 Quote
/me sighs
rogerrabbits 14th July 2011, 01:51 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by feathers
I just don't like it when a group of kiddies conspire to distort the facts and say C1 looks better. I don't care what mods you install for it, the barebones C1 and Warhead are showing their age graphically compared to C2. That is the only issue I have when I see C1 kiddies worshipping the game and saying everything about it is better.
I think Crysis 2 has some nicer textures here and there but overall I think the first game looks better. And I think it's a better game too, but you don't even want to debate that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by feathers

I don't give a **** what game you play or if you regard yourselves as pro gamers. Don't give a ****. Just don't like reading lies about a game.
You are the one who dragged me in to an argument btw. I just made my random comment about preferring the first game, and along you came to tear it down and even went so far as to criticise all of society. And then when challenged on it you say that you don't even care about the games and you don't care about gameplay.

So really, you entire argument is JUST that Crysis 2 is the better looking game, and then when someone posts a screenshot of both that suggests otherwise, you ignore it.

Kudos on the trolling, you managed to prolong this thread by about 5 extra pages so far, all for something you don't even care about. Good going.
feathers 14th July 2011, 09:52 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerrabbits
Quote:
Originally Posted by feathers
I just don't like it when a group of kiddies conspire to distort the facts and say C1 looks better. I don't care what mods you install for it, the barebones C1 and Warhead are showing their age graphically compared to C2. That is the only issue I have when I see C1 kiddies worshipping the game and saying everything about it is better.
I think Crysis 2 has some nicer textures here and there but overall I think the first game looks better. And I think it's a better game too, but you don't even want to debate that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by feathers

I don't give a **** what game you play or if you regard yourselves as pro gamers. Don't give a ****. Just don't like reading lies about a game.
You are the one who dragged me in to an argument btw. I just made my random comment about preferring the first game, and along you came to tear it down and even went so far as to criticise all of society. And then when challenged on it you say that you don't even care about the games and you don't care about gameplay.

So really, you entire argument is JUST that Crysis 2 is the better looking game, and then when someone posts a screenshot of both that suggests otherwise, you ignore it.

Kudos on the trolling, you managed to prolong this thread by about 5 extra pages so far, all for something you don't even care about. Good going.

It depends what you look for I guess. I tend to look at texture res and for the most part they are very detailed in C2. C1 they are showing their age up close but nevertheless the game is still very impressive. I like both games actually. The screenshots I took from C1 yesterday certainly show much lower texture detail on the trees. It's to be expected though since the game was released a long time ago.

I may go back and play Warhead from start to finish without using stealth mode if possible.
impar 1st August 2011, 10:46 Quote
Greetings!

Feathers, see how much better Crysis 2 can get:
http://www.crymod.com/viewtopic.php?f=308&t=71027

That was what I expected from Crysis 2 graphics!
KASxxWill 1st August 2011, 20:39 Quote
Just when I thought the game was already Jaw dropping they did this...
impar 17th August 2011, 14:05 Quote
Greetings!

More about the tesselation trick nVidia likes:
http://techreport.com/articles.x/21404/1
Log in

You are not logged in, please login with your forum account below. If you don't already have an account please register to start contributing.



Discuss in the forums