bit-gamer.net

Vote for your Game of the Year 2010

Comments 76 to 100 of 115

Reply
Canon 2nd December 2010, 10:45 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuyanxu
BFBC2
BFBC2
BFBC2

i refuse to vote Blops because playing it feel like a frustrating mess, with RCXD all over the map.

BFBC2 Vietnam preordered. i can't imagine playing any other game until BF Play4Free comes out.

You mean that game that doesn't work when you buy it? :)
impar 2nd December 2010, 10:52 Quote
Greetings!

Was going to vote Starcraft 2, Napoelon Total War and Bad Company 2 however the newsletter login stopped me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpr
No offense intented as you're entitled to your opinion... but seriously?

I've played through it twice, and mildly dabbled in online play. But ultimately it's a reskinned SC1. There's minimal innovation. I'll be buying the next two installments, so don't get me wrong... it's enjoyable. It just really didn't bring anything new to the table worthy of GotY.
Did you play online?
mpr 2nd December 2010, 12:57 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by impar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpr
and mildly dabbled in online play.

Did you play online?
matt.bungle 2nd December 2010, 12:59 Quote
I'm a bit sad as I have played all but 3 out the games list, which makes it very hard as all of the games I have played were pretty damm good.

Mass effect 2
Red Dead Redemption
Star Craft 2

Hope people don't vote for Black ops, it's great but there are alot better games in that list that have taken many more hours out of my life.
impar 2nd December 2010, 13:07 Quote
Greetings!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpr
... mildly dabbled...
Not much, very few times, ... ?
pimlicosound 2nd December 2010, 13:26 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovis
To call Mass Effect 2 the best game of the year is hugely under selling it. It would be more accurate to say that Mass Effect 2 is the greatest accomplishment of the human race this year.

I concur.
heavyglow 2nd December 2010, 14:25 Quote
please remove blops from the list :(
javaman 2nd December 2010, 15:12 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardJoe
Simply that the list of games in the poll is made up of:

A) Every game we gave an award to this year
B) A smattering of games that did not get awards but were very close to getting one (Dead Rising 2)
C) A handful of games which we would have given awards to had we reviewed them (Neptune's Pride)

Halo: Reach wasn't anything wholly new and only got a 7/10 in our review. Thus, we didn't feel it merited a place on the list, which we tried to keep as short as possible.

How on earth did COD:BO make the list then? COD of duty stagnated after Modern warfare 1! Surely COD should be disqualified for the same reason as Halo?
CardJoe 2nd December 2010, 17:03 Quote
If you don't want BLOPS to win, don't vote for it. As it is, it got an 8/10 and that's a score we stand by. If you want to campaign against it and encourage others to not vote for it, feel free.
thehippoz 2nd December 2010, 17:15 Quote
blops xD into the toilet
Solidus 2nd December 2010, 22:01 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardJoe
Simply that the list of games in the poll is made up of:

A) Every game we gave an award to this year
B) A smattering of games that did not get awards but were very close to getting one (Dead Rising 2)
C) A handful of games which we would have given awards to had we reviewed them (Neptune's Pride)

Halo: Reach wasn't anything wholly new and only got a 7/10 in our review. Thus, we didn't feel it merited a place on the list, which we tried to keep as short as possible.

Honestly Joe, I cant seem to understand the logic:

Saying Halo reach wasnt anything particularly new (and only getting 7/10 which I wholeheartedly disagree with) is a bit of a kick in the teeth considering:

1)Call of duty black ops in there and that is exactly more of the same albeit inferior some may argue to COD: MW2

2)Football Manager 2011 ? Seriously? theres been like a million of these before - how is this revolutionary?

3)Fallout New Vegas - Would this not simply be more of the same?

4)Just cause 2 - Quite a sandboxed game yet this has 8/10 and offers no multiplayer at all - I would argue the value isnt the same. Halo reach campaign isnt amazing but its good but where it excels truely is the multiplayer and that surely has to be taken into account when you talk about what makes a good game??

Halo actually improved on the game engine as well as graphically and the campaign was really good and more of a cinematic experience unlike previously (similar to COD:MW2). Online play added even more depth and the gameplay, graphics and speed had been increased to make it more fast paced and in my opinion better - The depth of the game is unreal.

Watch this video below (Seriously just sit and watch at the depth this game has, especially the last section at 3:40 mark on how awesome/crazy online play can be)


LmvkLz_x7JQ

Theres hundreds of these videos on youtube showcasing exactly how much depth this game has, its a solid shooter and im not even that big on FPS games..or halo for that matter.

I just struggle to fathom how certain games are included and others omitted. I really do find myself disagreeing a lot with some of the reviews and opinions on here and while that is to be expected of course (were all different) I do find my opinion seems to settle in with the majority on what makes a good game and what makes a bad game.

Its just..I see no real concrete logic here, its like your bored or have particular distastes to certain games and regardless of how great they are they will be given lower scores yet other games seem to be favoured simply because of some weird reason despite being simply more of the exact same - as evidenced in points 1-3 above? If there was a new monkey island game regardless of it being simply...more of the exact same It will probably get some high golden award for it from here...
Waynio 2nd December 2010, 22:05 Quote
Heavy Rain @ number 1, I was blown away by this mega high quality innovative new form of interactive movie/game & really want to see much more like this, brilliant .

Red dead redemption @ 2, just a shame it hasn't come to pc :(.

Dead rising 2 @ 3, classical zombie laughs .
wuyanxu 2nd December 2010, 22:26 Quote
BFBC2 needs a replay mode! i've shot AT4 through blackhawks at least twice!
TWeaK 2nd December 2010, 22:32 Quote
I'm going to have to abstain from voting. No doubt it's been mentioned, but Minecraft isn't on the list.

THIS IS A TRAVESTY!!!

I know, it's not released yet, it's in alpha, blah, blah, blah. The start of the article says 'games we've played this year' and I most certainly have played me some Minecraft. This vote is a sham! I declare shenanigans!!
Random Octopus 2nd December 2010, 23:10 Quote
For single player, Mass Effect 2
Assassins Creed Brotherhood
Red Dead Redemption

Multiplayer , Black Ops (really good now it works)
Left 4 Dead 2


That said if I was a PC gamer I would say WOW as I watch it being played all the time and it does look awesome.
Yemerich 3rd December 2010, 11:18 Quote
I don't know why my login doesn't work to vote in the poll but i understand that the email database is the gold for any website. I have no problem helpin BT, but since Dennis took over, this site is kind of a let down.

Anyway it would be nice to have a "blank field" to fill with any other game that it is not listed. What about another poll with just this blank field?

And what about those freegames like "Solipskier"? Ten times better than chimes for example...

I am really enjoying New Vegas because it brought back lots of the feel from the previous FO titles and in
my opinion it is much better than FO3 was. And may god have the crew that made it (FO3)... ASAP!

Secondly it would be Civ V. Although it is not as fun Civ IV was when it came out, this is a great game.

Third would be ME2. Kinda Shallow I agree. But it was this or CoD: Black Ops wich was fun most because of the Zombie attack and the arcade "Dead Ops" wich was more fun than the game itself! And it even have a Zork word/adventure game inside it! Great fun!

But... I am kinda of anti FPS....
Manu_Otaku 3rd December 2010, 12:22 Quote
Why on all that is sacred in this world is not a wii game in this list?; keeping in mind that this year are great games on the wii, first party and thirty parti wise.
mastorofpuppetz 3rd December 2010, 12:39 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovis
To call Mass Effect 2 the best game of the year is hugely under selling it. It would be more accurate to say that Mass Effect 2 is the greatest accomplishment of the human race this year.

Umm no, its not much of an rpg, an average shooter, with typical sterotyped bioware characters, superficial choices, and a horribly cliche plot, devoid of any challenge and difficulty................ There are many a better games and RPG's around. Bioware is the most over hyped, over rated developer on gaming, yes, more then Treyarch, Infinity ward.
mastorofpuppetz 3rd December 2010, 12:40 Quote
Heavy Rain is more innovative and in depth character wise then any bioware game........................
Apocalypso 3rd December 2010, 13:17 Quote
Voted for:

Mass Effect 2
Heavy Rain
Red Dead Redemption
CardJoe 3rd December 2010, 14:36 Quote
[QUOTE=Solidus]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardJoe
Snip

I wasn't using the fact that 'it isn't wholly new' as a reason to exclude it from the list, but as a way to sum up the review. The reason it isn't in the list is because it only got 7/10 and therefore wasn't close enough to an 8/10 to make the cut.

Again, games were shortlisted based on what their score. There are only two or three exceptions to this in the list (Neptune's Pride, for example), which I explained about above.

As for allegations of bias, I think it's been pretty clear that there isn't any for the Monkey Island games. I wanted to avoid the bias so much that I gave MI 1: SE to a complete Monkey Island newcomer to review (Rich), then stood by whatever score he gave it (which wasn't superlative). The new Monkey Island games we were very harsh on compared to other sites. Monkey Island 4, I have written about many times and always said was rubbish.

MI2 got a 10/10 because it was a very good game which noticeably improved on the faults we picked with the first game.

The rest of you calling for Minecraft can console yourselves by voting for it next year.
Solidus 3rd December 2010, 17:21 Quote
[QUOTE=CardJoe;2501443]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidus


I wasn't using the fact that 'it isn't wholly new' as a reason to exclude it from the list, but as a way to sum up the review. The reason it isn't in the list is because it only got 7/10 and therefore wasn't close enough to an 8/10 to make the cut.

Again, games were shortlisted based on what their score. There are only two or three exceptions to this in the list (Neptune's Pride, for example), which I explained about above.

As for allegations of bias, I think it's been pretty clear that there isn't any for the Monkey Island games. I wanted to avoid the bias so much that I gave MI 1: SE to a complete Monkey Island newcomer to review (Rich), then stood by whatever score he gave it (which wasn't superlative). The new Monkey Island games we were very harsh on compared to other sites. Monkey Island 4, I have written about many times and always said was rubbish.

MI2 got a 10/10 because it was a very good game which noticeably improved on the faults we picked with the first game.

The rest of you calling for Minecraft can console yourselves by voting for it next year.

I know we will just disagree but I did strongly feel Halo Reach deserved atleast an 8/10. The likes of Halo ODST deserve 7 or even a 6/10 but Reach was an improvement on Halo 3 and deserved more I feel.
It doesnt matter, we both have differing views and I shall respect whatever has been decided.
jhng 3rd December 2010, 17:33 Quote
Tragically I have yet to play a single one of these! Curse this geriatric hardware...

jhng
mastorofpuppetz 3rd December 2010, 18:04 Quote
[QUOTE=CardJoe]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidus
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardJoe
Snip

I wasn't using the fact that 'it isn't wholly new' as a reason to exclude it from the list, but as a way to sum up the review. The reason it isn't in the list is because it only got 7/10 and therefore wasn't close enough to an 8/10 to make the cut.

Again, games were shortlisted based on what their score. There are only two or three exceptions to this in the list (Neptune's Pride, for example), which I explained about above.

As for allegations of bias, I think it's been pretty clear that there isn't any for the Monkey Island games. I wanted to avoid the bias so much that I gave MI 1: SE to a complete Monkey Island newcomer to review (Rich), then stood by whatever score he gave it (which wasn't superlative). The new Monkey Island games we were very harsh on compared to other sites. Monkey Island 4, I have written about many times and always said was rubbish.

MI2 got a 10/10 because it was a very good game which noticeably improved on the faults we picked with the first game.

The rest of you calling for Minecraft can console yourselves by voting for it next year.

How did Me2 improve? Worse story, easier simpler levelling system, less power/skills, and combat. Instead of improving inventory, they over reacted and got rid of it all together, its devoid of any exploring. They got rid of the mako which was good except the terrible terrain, and replaced it with a just as bad if not worse scanning planets mini game which was as fun as watching paint dry.
Yemerich 4th December 2010, 00:41 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastorofpuppetz
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardJoe
snip

How did Me2 improve? Worse story, easier simpler levelling system, less power/skills, and combat. Instead of improving inventory, they over reacted and got rid of it all together, its devoid of any exploring. They got rid of the mako which was good except the terrible terrain, and replaced it with a just as bad if not worse scanning planets mini game which was as fun as watching paint dry.

I have to agree with you. Loved the first one and "liked" the second.
But still one of the best this year.

Just as a side note, in terms of architecture and veicle (in both MEs), the design is awfully ugly as the devil sucking mangoes!
Log in

You are not logged in, please login with your forum account below. If you don't already have an account please register to start contributing.



Discuss in the forums