bit-gamer.net

Red Faction: Guerilla Hands-on Preview

Comments 1 to 16 of 16

Reply
xaser04 9th April 2009, 10:43 Quote
Damn this sounds like a sweet game! Is there any news on the system requirements?
CardJoe 9th April 2009, 10:48 Quote
Not yet, sorry.
Star*Dagger 9th April 2009, 10:49 Quote
I was wondering if ATI owners will get the physics love as well.
Krikkit 9th April 2009, 10:53 Quote
Oh man that looks like fun. I think they realised that all we did in the first one was blow **** up.

I used to love grabbing those massive mining trucks and boring around locked doors (and through various troops)
DougEdey 9th April 2009, 11:29 Quote
Looking forward to this!
xaser04 9th April 2009, 11:30 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardJoe
Not yet, sorry.

Dang, oh well seeing as its a cross platform title (hopefully the pc version won't be a shoddy port) the system requirements shouldn't be too bad. My HD4850m shouldn't have too hard a time playing it. :)
M_D_K 9th April 2009, 13:35 Quote
Agree with Doug Bring it on!! :P

& Kirkkit, yes all i did was blow **** up :) if you can't go through the door or can't be bothered to open it :P blow the walls up or the door :) Muchos kudos if they pull it off.

Flash back to the training room with the mounted guns and destroying all the walls :D.
Zut 9th April 2009, 13:41 Quote
The Ostrich Hammer alone makes this game appealing to me.
Hugo 9th April 2009, 14:30 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zut
The Ostrich Hammer alone makes this game appealing to me.
If that isn't in the game I will be kicking up a fuss!
cheeriokilla 9th April 2009, 14:54 Quote
How about the destruction in BF:Bad Company? and that's a year old game
DarkLord7854 9th April 2009, 15:37 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeriokilla
How about the destruction in BF:Bad Company? and that's a year old game

What about it..?




Looking forward to this game! :D
Sheldog23 9th April 2009, 17:03 Quote
Man I loved the first RedFaction. MP was the best blowing holes through mountains to create your own sniping spot. Why why why destructible environments haven't been implemented into more games since then? That was how many years ago now? Totally looking forward to blowing **** up again. Sweet.
Gunsmith 9th April 2009, 17:19 Quote
hmm getting tired of cross platform failures, i'm not holding my breath.
capnPedro 9th April 2009, 22:51 Quote
I've been waiting for this since RF1 didn't work under Vista/8800GTX (never did work out which).

Btw, this is the bag I've been using for school college for the better part of 5 years now:
http://xs138.xs.to/xs138/09154/dsc00125211.jpg
trek554 9th April 2009, 23:41 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnPedro
I've been waiting for this since RF1 didn't work under Vista/8800GTX (never did work out which).

Btw, this is the bag I've been using for school college for the better part of 5 years now:
http://xs138.xs.to/xs138/09154/dsc00125211.jpg

you must not have made a very good effort because it only took about 30 seconds to find a fix for that back then. it was an issue with 8 series cards and Vista but there was a patch called purefaction or something like that. all you had to do was install that patch and launch the game through it instead of the regular exe and the game played perfect.
capnPedro 10th April 2009, 22:21 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek554
you must not have made a very good effort because it only took about 30 seconds to find a fix for that back then. it was an issue with 8 series cards and Vista but there was a patch called purefaction or something like that. all you had to do was install that patch and launch the game through it instead of the regular exe and the game played perfect.

Bought my 8800 March 2007
Pure Faction released October 2007

I looked hard enough. I just didn't search long enough (7 moths is a bit long though, isn't it).
Log in

You are not logged in, please login with your forum account below. If you don't already have an account please register to start contributing.



Discuss in the forums