Lego Batman

The boy 4rm oz 16th October 2008, 09:07 Quote
I couldn't help but lol. Why do they keep pushing LEGO versions of perfectly good games and movies haha?
badders 16th October 2008, 09:29 Quote
Because, despite their flaws, they are actually FUN. For a long time.
The Lego games are the games I'm most likely to pick up and replay a level, if I've got an hour spare and I'm a bit bored.
They always cheer me up immensely.

I like killing Zombies and combine as much as the next guy, but there's a "casual" (there's that word again) part of me that likes to pick these up for pure enjoyment, and put them down again a few hours later.

Maybe the 6 is justified, but I like these, and will probably put it on the old christmas list, as something to do while digesting the turkey sandwiches that inevitably follow christmas dinner.
The boy 4rm oz 16th October 2008, 12:59 Quote
I wasn't saying that the games aren't fun. I quite liked a few of the older ones. I understand that they are aimed at really young kids but I just think they should go back to their original ideas like Rock Raiders instead of re making other peoples ideas.
sl1xx 16th October 2008, 13:01 Quote
lego batman,i got this for my little brother he's 9..see were im going with this...
Fod 16th October 2008, 13:03 Quote
spot the fanboy bait in the last page :P
Veles 16th October 2008, 13:37 Quote
"And losing it's knack if you ask me"?
Stuey 16th October 2008, 15:16 Quote
I want my $50 back, Batman really isn't as much fan as Indy was. Oh well, it'll provide some enjoyment, and there are worst games out there.
pendragon 16th October 2008, 17:42 Quote
Originally Posted by badders
Because, despite their flaws, they are actually FUN. For a long time.
They always cheer me up immensely.

^^what he said. Having only played the StarWars version, I can't comment on Batman.. however if the gameplay is similar I couldn't disagree more with the score of '6'. Also, Superman Returns was awesome IMHO :P
Tim S 16th October 2008, 18:15 Quote
I loved Lego Star Wars - I couldn't put it down because, like everyone has said, it was fun. This, however, was dull in comparison and I was quickly looking for something else to do - there are just no memorable set pieces in the game and I believe that's down to the source material. And that's nothing against Batman, because I love it - it's just not suited to this type of game, IMO.