bit-gamer.net

Spore

Comments 1 to 25 of 63

Reply
johnnyboy700 5th September 2008, 09:29 Quote
Looks like fun, I'll give it a try some time.
will. 5th September 2008, 10:00 Quote
I'm going to wait on this one... Just because I've never liked RTS games (other than AoE II) and this does fall into the same category for me. I know I'd just end up making creatures and vehicles rather than actually playing the game. That's all I did in the Sims.
Gunsmith 5th September 2008, 10:41 Quote
today i make fire, tommorow BFG9000's :D
The Infamous Mr D 5th September 2008, 10:53 Quote
Quote:
First, the funny: here’s a picture of an obscene cock-monster I made in the Creature Creator.

Good Lord, if that what you think penises look like, I have nothing but sympathy for your missus.

Still, pretty obscene nonetheless.
kenco_uk 5th September 2008, 10:56 Quote
I absolutely love the cock monster you made, Joe. Made me dribble coffee.

What an excellent review. I may very well pick this game up sometime. The only annoying factor is the price - I can only assume that it'll hardly ever drop. The Sims 2 is still about £20 new!
Bauul 5th September 2008, 11:02 Quote
I'll pick it up today and give it a good bash over the weekend.

I have to ask though, because it's something that was niggling at me when playing with the Creature Creator: when attempting to create the best creature possible, are you shoe-horned into making certain design decisions just to get the stats up? Or is the game flexible enough so if you don't give you're creature hands you're not doomed lacking decent weapons for the rest of the game?

Oh, btw, your Digg page has a stupid choice of picture. You might want to change it if you can.
CardJoe 5th September 2008, 11:28 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauul


I have to ask though, because it's something that was niggling at me when playing with the Creature Creator: when attempting to create the best creature possible, are you shoe-horned into making certain design decisions just to get the stats up? Or is the game flexible enough so if you don't give you're creature hands you're not doomed lacking decent weapons for the rest of the game?

Completely up to you. I went for all the best weaponry and so on, but you could be herbivore if you wanted you damn hippy. It's obviously better to better at either social or fighting stuff, but it's like an RPG. You're supposed to keep levelling up because that's how the game works - but if you want to stay at level one then you can, the game will just be a bit harder.
Da_Rude_Baboon 5th September 2008, 12:01 Quote
lol do you have a click count for the cock monster page?
wuyanxu 5th September 2008, 12:04 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardJoe
but if you want to stay at level one then you can, the game will just be a bit harder.

it's nearly impossible to stay at original creature spot after you've killed off all other creatures near your hatching area.
and i don't get the monsters, what's those for? just come and eats me for no reason. tryed fighting it when i had 3 with me and at my ally's "base", but can't seem to damage it. :'(

for civ stage, the easiest way to do it(as always, these games such as Black and White there's always an easy way and a hard way) is just to build lots military land at start, go to a rival city, put protection over the vehicles, and after a while, you are done. same goes for 2nd city, 3rd or 4th you'll get a bomb to instantly conquer it. and now you'll get multi-bomb to instantly finish that stage.

the firing controls for space stage is really hard, you have to keep left mouse click on the enermy, with everyone moving, it's nearlly impossible.
ParaHelix.org 5th September 2008, 12:22 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infamous Mr D
Good Lord, if that what you think penises look like, I have nothing but sympathy for your missus.

Still, pretty obscene nonetheless.

EpIc LuLz! One for the quotation books right there my friend!
Veles 5th September 2008, 12:24 Quote
I disagree actually, I quite liked the tribal stage, the civ stage was rather bland IMO. It would have been nice if they'd made it a bit more complicated, but I found it too simple and dull to be called a civilisation stage. It was basically, build vehicles, click on city to take it over, build more vehicles, repeat. Until you get enough money to deploy your "I win" button.

I am loving the space stage however.
impar 5th September 2008, 12:37 Quote
Greetings!

The author should have mentioned the three limited activations this game has.
Mentai 5th September 2008, 12:57 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by impar
Greetings!

The author should have mentioned the three limited activations this game has.

I disagree, it's been covered enough and anyone who would care already knows. A more accurate way of putting it would be to say that there can be 3 simultaneous activations so you can share the joy of spore! YAY :D
It's a non issue.
Scirocco 5th September 2008, 13:12 Quote
Got Spore on order, so I'll be able to see it up close and personal very soon. Looking forward to dinking around with life at the first opportunity!
impar 5th September 2008, 13:19 Quote
Greetings!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentai
A more accurate way of putting it would be to say that there can be 3 simultaneous activations so you can share the joy of spore!
Sure. But the activations work like the ones in Mass Effect, not like the ones in Alone in the Dark. Uninstalling the game in one of those three simultaneous activations does not give you an activation back.
For a fourth activation you need to call EA and beg for it.
Mentai 5th September 2008, 13:48 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by impar
Greetings!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentai
A more accurate way of putting it would be to say that there can be 3 simultaneous activations so you can share the joy of spore!
Sure. But the activations work like the ones in Mass Effect, not like the ones in Alone in the Dark. Uninstalling the game in one of those three simultaneous activations does not give you an activation back.
For a fourth activation you need to call EA and beg for it.

I wasn't aware of that, are you sure? Also, have you ever rung one of these services? The word "beg" is kind of unjustified.
I still don't think it's a relevant issue.
Yemerich 5th September 2008, 13:50 Quote
I wonder how much time until some religious freak say that this game is "unreligious" because it lets u play god... Like some use to say about RPGs.

Anyway, the best thing about this game is that they DARED to make something unusual. They had some barriers along the way but the game is here. Even if the game is "not that good" (wich i doubt), Will Wright is to be commended as visionaire icon. Not only for games, but for proving that persistence and focus (and lots of money too) always wins over setbacks!

It proves again how stupidly wrong sweneey is about computer games. I really hope Sweneey chokes with his teeth when he gets this other punch in the jaw!
Bauul 5th September 2008, 13:59 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by impar
Greetings!

The author should have mentioned the three limited activations this game has.

...you once told me you do talk about other things than DRM.

I don't think I believe you.
Tim S 5th September 2008, 14:38 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauul
Quote:
Originally Posted by impar
Greetings!

The author should have mentioned the three limited activations this game has.

...you once told me you do talk about other things than DRM.

I don't think I believe you.

haha!

I'm ready to unleash hell on the Spore universe tonight.
Hugo 5th September 2008, 14:56 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim S
haha!

I'm ready to unleash hell on the Spore universe tonight.

Step one: Disallow Spore form connecting to Sporepedia

Step 2: Make a race of phallus monsters.

Step 3: ????

Step 4: PROFIT!!!
Zut 5th September 2008, 15:09 Quote
Nice review.

I've got my copy! :D
sotu1 5th September 2008, 16:36 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenco_uk
I absolutely love the cock

sorry, I so couldn't help myself doing a little editorial there kenco!

I was about to give up games and leave my gaming pc at home while i go to uni. but i might take just this one with me....

where's the cheapest people have found this game?
Tim S 5th September 2008, 16:52 Quote
Play is under £30... I paid £35 down at Gamestation because I didn't want to wait and forgot to preorder.
impar 5th September 2008, 17:11 Quote
Greetings!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentai
I wasn't aware of that, are you sure?
Yep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yemerich
I wonder how much time until some religious freak say that this game is "unreligious" because it lets u play god...
The other way around:
'Militant Atheists' Criticize Spore's Religion
Anti-religious groups concerned over Will Wright's latest creation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauul
...you once told me you do talk about other things than DRM.
I don't think I believe you.
But I do... :p
CardJoe 5th September 2008, 17:22 Quote
I'd have fault with it to - it says it's about letting you watch your creature evolve, but really all it does is showcase intelligent design through the player.
Log in

You are not logged in, please login with your forum account below. If you don't already have an account please register to start contributing.



Discuss in the forums