Independent Games Festival 2008

kickarse 23rd October 2007, 15:30 Quote
Looks interesting, I might actually download the demo of Penumbre: Overture...
CardJoe 23rd October 2007, 15:39 Quote
I highly recommend it, it's utterly spine-chilling though!
Jamie 24th October 2007, 10:58 Quote
I think I might download the beta demo for my mac, just to prove that people do try and play games on them.
CardJoe 24th October 2007, 12:47 Quote
Originally Posted by Jamie
People do try and play games on them.

Hahahahahahahahahahahah

...oh, really?!
g3n3tiX 24th October 2007, 19:08 Quote
Love how you save games in Penumbra.... also, I got a modified shader file in the forums, for newer cards, it rocks a lot...look for it it improves the game even more.

I've got the ultimate way to kill dogs easily jump on a crate and swing at them.
I hate how the hammer movements are made from the mouse. I turned on easy mode : hold button to swing ! (heh i like n00b style sometimes.)

Looking forward to new indie games...
CardJoe 24th October 2007, 19:31 Quote
...I just found out theres a mod to add Wii-mote support...:O :O :O :O
metarinka 25th October 2007, 04:06 Quote
are physics based games a fad or a new game mechanism that's just starting to be explored. most of them tend to be sand box type games like garry's mod and such. Or some incorprate detailed physics as a major game mechanic (okay only the crash mode in burnout comes to mind but there's many more) is this going to establish it's place in games, or are they going to fade out after being over done by way too many, sand box type games
completemadness 25th October 2007, 09:32 Quote
I don't think it will be phased out, although it may become much more ... natural i guess

Like in GRAW or something, physics are used to make the environment more realistic, and games like HL2 use it to help you solve challenges and stuff (although its getting a bit overused, see ZeroPunctution on The Orange Box)