Blacksite: Area 51 Preview

DarkLord7854 15th August 2007, 09:33 Quote
Ooh! I'm adding this to my "I want" list :D
Mainly for the co-op. Though the story looks interesting. I hope it doesn't require the same specs as Stranglehold though.. Then it would suck major >.>
Hugo 15th August 2007, 10:46 Quote
It needs 2 Xbox 360s linked via a gigabit ethernet switch
g3n3tiX 15th August 2007, 11:02 Quote
or a single PS3 ^^
Looks good, but it will surely need a beefy computer to enjoy it...pity!
sandys 15th August 2007, 11:08 Quote
The Demo on live was fun for as long as it lasted, it was a frantic shooter kind of reminded me a touch of RFoM but with a squad, the aliens weren't too smart though and there were frame rate issues, hopefully that will be sorted for release.
Cupboard 15th August 2007, 11:18 Quote
The Co-op sounds good, its always fun playing on the same team as someone else in the room :) if they shoot you in the back, you can go over and punch them
Bauul 15th August 2007, 13:29 Quote
I'm loving the screenies of the big tentacle alien, looks cool, even if slightly lower polygon count that I'd expect.

Ah, memories of Area 51 light-gun game though. Did we ever complete it Joe? I can't honestly remember. No... wait, we did didn't we? The final boss was the spinning alien UFO you had to shoot whilst infinite ground troops spawned everywhere. Ah now that was good fun.

Unlike bloody Ninja Assult, which was simply impossible to beat.
Redbeaver 15th August 2007, 14:19 Quote
hmmm this one goes definitely under my radar *_*

seems very interesting! Maybe i can steal MY brother's piggy bank and get this over with quickly while waiting for Crysis....
Nature 15th August 2007, 15:05 Quote
HL: episode 2 seems to have taken as long as this game's entire development. Shooting aliens isn't exactly a fresh idea, in fact, this better be damn good other wise it'll fit nicely in the pantheon of rubbish that most games seem to attribute in this modern gaming fiasco.

Off topic I like long walks on the beach at night, the wet and sandy grains meshing together between my pinky toes, whilst the melodious sound of waves tumbling infinitely over themselves rises and falls.
kickarse 15th August 2007, 19:46 Quote
^^---- Not every game developer can spend years developing a game, with loads of cash under their asses.

Just wait to play it and see. You might be pleasantly surprised. For what genre hasn't been revived, over and over again?
hotdog 15th August 2007, 20:26 Quote
I played the first Area 51 and thought it was alright. This one though looks like it will be quite nice. Playing coop on extreme am sure will rock. Well I meet the specs except for the dual core. I do have my Opty clocked to 2.9. We'll see how it plays.
Hugo 15th August 2007, 23:39 Quote
Hold on.... I remember that Area 51 game.... weird! (in that it took me from 2pm 'till now to remember)
The BallZ 16th August 2007, 04:11 Quote
I may have missed it but the other Area 51 (not the arcade one) was also on the Ps2, though it kept saying the "pc and xbox" version.
evox 16th August 2007, 05:27 Quote
the main character will be a Delta Force soldier named Aeran Pierce

Heh, Anyone remember Aaron Pierce from 24?:p
GuardianStorm 19th August 2007, 22:23 Quote
I actually quite enjoyed the original Area51 game, and this one looks great and seems to be shaping up well, so heres hoping its good :)
Tim S 19th August 2007, 22:34 Quote
Originally Posted by evox
Heh, Anyone remember Aaron Pierce from 24?:p

Hell yes, he was a legend! :D