Auto Assault

andyl33t 2nd June 2006, 14:40 Quote
looks pretty good. i hate mmos like WoW.

the discuss button doesnt wrk :)
Ramble 2nd June 2006, 15:10 Quote
Discuss link works fine for me.
I ddin't bother reading all of it, didn't seem like my type of game, but can the storyline get any cheesier?

"Bio-Mechs who are part man, part toaster."

Has someone been watching BSG here?
Mord 2nd June 2006, 15:58 Quote
TBH, after the penny arcade beta weekend, I was bored, and i only played it for 6 hours. its like a single player game online. Totaly not worth a monthly fee, if it was setup like guildwars it would be much more popular.
Spaceraver 2nd June 2006, 15:58 Quote
Anyone said WoW with vehicles?? sort of... looks the same to me... even same type of storyline.. and Wow doesnt rack my nuts up... ive tried to reason with the fact that you spend soo much time travelling from one place to another that im sick of it... and then having to pay and have a working net connection... not for lan's.. and not for me... (i like lan's..)
Stompy 2nd June 2006, 20:26 Quote
I'm subscribed to this. My advice is, for the moment, don't bother.
The game has many glaring flaws, like mission bugs, mission gaps (so you have to grind). The majority of lvls 65-80 is grinding because there are hardly any missions.

Once you get to lvl 80, there isnt really much to do. Player numbers are very very low, because of the other problems with the game. Player numbers are actually decreasing at the current moment.

The game also has an issue with alot of onboard sound cards, causing it to run at a snails pace.

There is a patch due out which should fix alot of these problems, but they're taking their time with it. I will update you when it's finally updated...
Bladestorm 2nd June 2006, 22:23 Quote
I realize I'm sounding like a stuck record by now but .. beta tested for a long time, didn't loathe it, didn't love it, didn't pre-order/buy it. Just seemed to lack any kind of driving force or inspiration for how they wanted to make a unique or lasting MMO, outside of having wheels on the avatars.
olly_lewis 2nd June 2006, 22:28 Quote
Thos osnt my sort of game and it does sound cheesy , the entire concept doestn seem flawed but theres something "not there" with it, I don't play many games online like WoW because of the montly charge... but I do play counter strike source, battlefield 2 etc but not pay per monthly.... they don't seem worth it... after 6 month's its dead. The last one I playe like it was PlanetSide and I cancelled by subsciption after a year...

Ah well I wait and see
Rogan 3rd June 2006, 14:45 Quote
Originally Posted by Ramble
Discuss link works fine for me.

"Bio-Mechs who are part man, part toaster."

Has someone been watching BSG here?

yahooadam 4th June 2006, 02:57 Quote
looks like an interesting game, what does the subscription cost though, and how much do you have to fork out for the game itself

Did i miss these important facts ?? alot of reviewers dont seem to put important information like this in .....
Rogan 4th June 2006, 14:21 Quote
It's £8.99 per month, the same as City of Heroes and other NCSoft subs.