Splinter Cell: Double Agent Preview

Hamish 23rd March 2006, 12:32 Quote

One level takes place on ice, and you'll be able to swim under the ice, cut up through and then drag enemies down to an icy death.
oh hell yes! :D
mannafig 23rd March 2006, 12:40 Quote
I believe it's time for me to invest in a 360.
Bindibadgi 23rd March 2006, 13:08 Quote
And let me guess, his love interest insists he has "minty fresh breath" before they kiss and offers him a couple of airwaves.

The question is will it be a cop out choice like Indigo Prophecy where whatever you choose it doesnt matter, the end is always the same, or Dues Ex where you just get different endings or will it be proper completely different storylines?
Further on through, you'll be asked to choose between the lives of thousands of innocents or the woman you love

Thanks, Wil, ever heard of a spoiler tag? :(
Morpheon 23rd March 2006, 13:23 Quote
I AM soooo glad that they are going to use the same engine the 360s getting for the PC version as that has been a major cause for concern for the PC crowd. It would suck for ubi to forget that in a lot of cases high end pcs still look as good and in many cases looks better than the 360 in terms of textures and framerate ( we can turn our aa 4x off :) and have a higher res. to make up for it ) Classic case is COD2 Which I would play on my rig any day over my 360 version, and Quake...well theres simply no comparison but that was a developement problem not a 360 hardware shortcoming.

WOOT FOR SAM FISHER!
Shadowed_fury 23rd March 2006, 15:26 Quote
Reminds me slightly of COR:Escape from Butcher Bay
glaeken 23rd March 2006, 16:05 Quote
I can't wait for this game. I want to be a naughty secret agent.
speedfreek 23rd March 2006, 21:35 Quote
A storyline, it might just be worth it. The replayability looks very high.
horgboy 24th March 2006, 02:04 Quote
how cool does that refletcion on the glass look on page 2,

since xbox 360 came out in australia YESTERDAY (pretty bad ms :'( )
ima gonna save up and get me one of those :D
Aankhen 24th March 2006, 08:40 Quote
Looks great! Too bad it's a Ubisoft game. Starforce, anyone? :(
Kaze22 26th March 2006, 20:22 Quote
Originally Posted by Morpheon

WOOT FOR SAM FISHER!

I don't know, with the release of Oblivion on both PC and 360, it has been proven that current generation DX9 Cards just cannot hold up there end of the bargain against the these next gen consoles. Until next generation cards such as the Nvid 8k series or ATI X2k comes out I think I'm gonna hold out on getting anymore of these next gen games because not being able to play them at their full glory is really heart breaking (HD res)
glaeken 27th March 2006, 05:19 Quote
Unless you have a pretty nice HD plasma television, xbox 360 doesn't look any better than the pc. My friend has one, but he has a regular flat screen crt, and I wasn't impressed.
devenfore 29th March 2006, 19:54 Quote
I too am curious as to weather or not it will include StarForce... If it does, I most likely will not buy it. (or at least not run it on my main computer, which would suck).

For those unfamiliar with StarForce... Here's a link...
I was a little sad after I bought Chaos Theory, and found out about StarForce.

For shame Ubi... For shame. Your one good game (series), and you screw it up like this. :(
unrealsword 30th March 2006, 16:29 Quote
The MGS footage wasn't pre-rendered, kojima even played it in real time rotating angles.