bit-gamer.net

Top 10 Games of 2010

Comments 51 to 75 of 78

Reply
Fizzban 16th December 2010, 20:39 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastorofpuppetz
Its not arrogance, the masses are dumb, there is a reason the likes of Justin Beiber, Britney spears, on and on and on...... got rich off of the dummies.

I think you've missed my point.

You don't like ME2 and while I don't agree with your opinion, I respect it. You don't see me calling everyone who doesn't like ME2 a retard, do you? If anything I could almost argue the fact that because more people like the game than don't, that you are indeed the retard. But I don't think you are, at least not for having a different opinion to me. Your sweeping comments however, do make you look a bit of a fool, which I'm sure is not the general effect you are going for.

And yes, justin and britany suck, badly. But again that is just an opinion. It is neither right or wrong regardless of whether the community at large agrees with me or not.
Baz 16th December 2010, 20:39 Quote
Yes puppetz, but similarly being successful and appealing to a large audience doesn't necessarily mean crap. Take the band from which your very name is from; Metallica. Huge appeal, millions of fans - are they music for dummies? I'm sure it's really cool to hate what the "mindless sheep of the masses" like, but there's a big difference between Justin Beiber and Mass Effect 2.

Feel free to go on hating things other people rightly admire though, I hear angst is in.
t1alek 16th December 2010, 20:41 Quote
Mass Effect 2 taking the top honours is not surprising or undeserved in my opinion.
It is not the game that wowed me the most of all time, but it was probably the best game this year.
I mean, what was better? BFBC2

One also have to consider that many reders, voters and commenters are somewhat seasoned in terms of gaming which makes us harder to wow. What was the last game to really blow your socks off?

- On my own part I am not sure; the Half Life series gets at least one replay a year. In recent years I have begun playing Diablo II in singleplayer mode to soak up the atmosphere even more. Warcraft III has a brilliant story not just for a rts , but any kind of game. Crysis is constantly growing on me, the original, not Warhead. Oblivion is the game that according to steam has consumed most of my hours ever since they started counting.
As for the most recent? probably the stalker-series or GTA 4 with their extremely fascinating worlds.
..these are all games from yesteryear and beyond.

Mass Effect 2 was a really good game and i will be buying the third, but it fails to elevate itself above being more than really good. With even weaker competietion however it ought to win.
Kúsař 16th December 2010, 21:13 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baz
I'm sure it's really cool to hate what the "mindless sheep of the masses" like, but there's a big difference between......

The Best statement of this year.
Er-El 16th December 2010, 21:44 Quote
The end-boss in Mass Effect 2 wasn't bad at all. You're wrong about that.
infekted.one 16th December 2010, 22:10 Quote
HAHAHA

I had only played one of them BF bad company 2 and i thought it sucked!!!

saving gracei should have black ops for crimbo
Hovis 16th December 2010, 22:51 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph4ZeD
It's voted by the readers you retard.

I think this should be the tag line for the Game of the Year Poll in future.
frontline 16th December 2010, 23:00 Quote
Results are pretty much what i expected, can't argue with BFBC2 & Mass Effect 2 being up the top end. Here's hoping that 2011 has some more interesting titles though (DX11 games that are worth playing and not just using for benchmarks).
thehippoz 17th December 2010, 01:58 Quote
h0PMMk_jS9g

don't be hatin
Bindibadgi 17th December 2010, 05:36 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastorofpuppetz
Opps sorry, just shows most of the population is retarded.

Coming from the other thread about Deus Ex: Now THIS is troll. As is the jump to the conclusion of "lost all credibility" m'larky. I mean, knee jerk overstatement of the year?

Just because you don't agree with others doesn't make them wrong and you better than them, it just means you're different. Please try to put some effort into constructive contributions and not just exist to suffer purchase justification syndrome.

EDIT: Read Harry's statement
Toka 17th December 2010, 07:19 Quote
Quote:
Civ V is almost perfectly balanced

Wow, just wow.

Im assuming that the author just played the game through once, on the easiest difficulty setting. Presumably whilst also competing some other more important tasks.

Civ V has been one of the most rushed and imbalanced releases of 2010

Broken win mechanisms
Broken mechanics
Broken AI combat
Broken CS bonuses
Broken policy mechanisms
Return of REX/ICS
Broken GP (Scientist - slingshots)
Broken units
Broken civ bonuses
Broken promotions
Happiness and economy.... just good grief.
....

The game is being continually patched as the devs attempt to nerf ICS (in an attempt to not return us to the dark days of C3) to the extent that, even 3 months after release game mechanics are wildly different to the one you played last week.

Less said about multiplayer imbalances the better.

The readers who voted it into this list need to go back to C4BTS

The Bit Tech staff who reviewed it need to review this sort of game properly next time. Im guessing that when you review a fps you dont do so only on the normal/easy difficulty settings. Im guessing when you reviewed C5 you played through it once, on prince or lower.

Ill go back to C5 sometime next year. When its finally finished.
Kilmoor 17th December 2010, 10:03 Quote
Thank you for recognizing S.T.A.L.K.E.R. CoP!
I know most players aren't willing to invest in the game, and approaching a steep learning curve is something that the short attention span kids these days can't handle, but that's no reason to overlook this excellent series. I'll take 9th place. At least it's in the running.
Unknownsock 17th December 2010, 10:50 Quote
No surprise that ME2 made the top.

I still think VVVVVV is one of the best games I've ever played though, disapointing not to see it there.
mastorofpuppetz 17th December 2010, 14:42 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizzban
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastorofpuppetz
Its not arrogance, the masses are dumb, there is a reason the likes of Justin Beiber, Britney spears, on and on and on...... got rich off of the dummies.

I think you've missed my point.

You don't like ME2 and while I don't agree with your opinion, I respect it. You don't see me calling everyone who doesn't like ME2 a retard, do you? If anything I could almost argue the fact that because more people like the game than don't, that you are indeed the retard. But I don't think you are, at least not for having a different opinion to me. Your sweeping comments however, do make you look a bit of a fool, which I'm sure is not the general effect you are going for.

And yes, justin and britany suck, badly. But again that is just an opinion. It is neither right or wrong regardless of whether the community at large agrees with me or not.

I never once mentioned anyone disagreeing with ME, i said the masses are generally stupid, if you had to deal wih the public you would know this. Maybe comprehension is not your thing.
mastorofpuppetz 17th December 2010, 14:43 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindibadgi
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastorofpuppetz
Opps sorry, just shows most of the population is retarded.

Coming from the other thread about Deus Ex: Now THIS is troll. As is the jump to the conclusion of "lost all credibility" m'larky. I mean, knee jerk overstatement of the year?

Just because you don't agree with others doesn't make them wrong and you better than them, it just means you're different. Please try to put some effort into constructive contributions and not just exist to suffer purchase justification syndrome.

EDIT: Read Harry's statement

Again:

I never once mentioned anyone disagreeing with ME, i said the masses are generally stupid, if you had to deal wih the public you would know this. Maybe comprehension is not your thing.Disagreeing and saying the masses are not that bright are 2 different things, another one who has comprehension issues.
Fizzban 17th December 2010, 14:59 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastorofpuppetz
I never once mentioned anyone disagreeing with ME, i said the masses are generally stupid, if you had to deal wih the public you would know this. Maybe comprehension is not your thing.

I deal with the public as part of my job, so you fail there. Sorry. And I comprehend fine, but apparently you don't. You STILL missed the point, but whatever.
mastorofpuppetz 17th December 2010, 15:59 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizzban
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastorofpuppetz
I never once mentioned anyone disagreeing with ME, i said the masses are generally stupid, if you had to deal wih the public you would know this. Maybe comprehension is not your thing.

I deal with the public as part of my job, so you fail there. Sorry. And I comprehend fine, but apparently you don't. You STILL missed the point, but whatever.

The masses are braindead sheep, sorry. They just follow what the media wants them to.
Eggy 17th December 2010, 16:44 Quote
Mass Effect 2 was disappointing to me. I was expecting a better version of Mass Effect and though it improved on certain aspects, mainly combat and story telling. The lack of customisation and true RPG feeling compared to the original makes it not my favourite for game of the year.

Starcraft 2 was a big fanservice and I really enjoyed it but for me the best game was Fall Out New Vegas, warts and all.
Jim 17th December 2010, 18:46 Quote
Fair list, in my view.

Oh, and let alone this year, Mass Effect 2 is the best game I have *ever* played.
mastorofpuppetz 17th December 2010, 19:04 Quote
Best game u ever played? LMAo, you need to play more games............
thehippoz 17th December 2010, 21:44 Quote
I thought it was good considering what's out today.. remember it's same peeps who made buldars gate- get ea more money with the cross platform stuff
sleeper52 18th December 2010, 02:13 Quote
how com Civ 5 is on the hall of fame for best RPG but Starcraft 2 ranks higher here?
CardJoe 18th December 2010, 10:15 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeper52
how com Civ 5 is on the hall of fame for best RPG but Starcraft 2 ranks higher here?

Because the Top 10 is reader voted, while Hall of Fame is staff selected.
0ldfart 18th December 2010, 11:50 Quote
My favourite all time ever game is actually a Flash game;

Desktop Tower Defense Pro

The game Ive got the most enjoyment from this year apart from that has been Blur
Tangster 18th December 2010, 20:37 Quote
ME2 is an excellent game. The Firesomething DLC pack...not so much(I really regret buying that).
I still think Baldur's Gate series need a revamp with the ME engine.
Civ V...meh, got bored after a day or so.
BFBC2-Great game, added plus is the fact that it's properly coded for PC's, unlike BOPS.

@masterofpuppetz, please keep you comments to yourself from now on, we know where you stand on things.
Log in

You are not logged in, please login with your forum account below. If you don't already have an account please register to start contributing.



Discuss in the forums