PSP games - not just dull PS2 ports

<A88> 3rd May 2006, 12:09 Quote
OMG Alex Watson!!!
*ahem*
These games seem to be better competition for those which tend to lure people to buy the DS- fun-loving & Japenese cartoon-stylee. Sadly, they really don't appeal to me at all; I just don't seem to grasp on to the 'addictiveness' as well as some people do, and they always seem a bit tacky to me. Still, I'm no Mr Average and I'm sure this will help sway some Nintendo fans over to the PSP.

<A88>
ContingenctPlan 3rd May 2006, 12:11 Quote
Beit Hell looks fun. Nice to feel Otaku when you're playing these funky games.
DaSuperFly 3rd May 2006, 12:16 Quote
So some of the more interesting games for the PSP don't require fancy graphics. Fancy that.
DarkReaper 3rd May 2006, 13:44 Quote
Beit Hell = Wario Ware on a bad acid trip then?
CountStiltzkin 3rd May 2006, 20:04 Quote
You know if there actually were some good PS2 ports on the PSP I might actually buy one. Am I the only one who thinks it would be cool to play a (proper) metal gear or final fantasy on the trot? Sony mustn't.
BobCobb 4th May 2006, 00:44 Quote
Originally Posted by CountStiltzkin

When the supposed PS1 emulator comes out, we will be able to play metal gear solid, FF7, as well as the many other great titles.

But the PSP seriously lacks original titles. The ports are good for a short time, but I can only take them for so long.
CountStiltzkin 4th May 2006, 12:34 Quote
haha I was about to go on a rant about how cool the ds is with its array of original titles...then I remembered I only ever bought 2 games for it - both of which were ports

I heard it was only on 'selected' titles, so probably Tetris+ and Tekken1 :(
I'd get one just for FF7 lol
I keep getting drawn to PSPs in the shops but only coz they're so damn shiny!
kopite 4th May 2006, 15:42 Quote
football manager = best reason to own PSP.

I have been a cm fan since the beginning and with football manager on psp Its great. i can play on the loo and even when the missus is watching corry I can play.

Only downer is that they did not make it so you could link up with the pc version but I guess that would have made things hooj and killed the battery in like 10 seconds