Win! A day at Ubisoft playing Silent Hunter IV!
There's no shortage of World War II games on the on the market, but how many of them give you the chance to get on to the bridge of a submarine and enact some hardcore submarine warfare? Not many, we'll wager, which is just one of the reasons we're big fans of the Silent Hunter series.
The latest in the series is Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
, where you take control of the US Navy, patrolling the Pacific to kick some Nazi / Japanese butt. Combine this with a stunning graphics engine incorporating new post-processing effects, and you've got a pretty neat game.
The game is being published by Ubisoft, and we're offering two readers the chance to head down to Ubisoft's UK headquarters and play the game ahead of its full release. You'll get to check out the spangly HQ, play some single-player Silent Hunter IV
and then network up to take on a group in multi-player.
If you want to enter the competition to win the chance to go and play, here's what you need to know:
- Ubisoft HQ is in Chertsey, Surrey (that's right here)
- The time / date is 10am to 5pm on Saturday, 17th March, 2007
You'll get lunch and some funky Silent Hunter goodies. If you're free to come down and play, here's the question you need to answer:
Silent Hunter IV play-day question:How many pilot-able submarines are available in the game?
(Here's a hint!
Send your answers in to email@example.com
with the subject line Silent but deadly
before Tuesday, March 13th. We will announce the winners on Wednesday, March 14th, giving you plenty of chance to get your schedule cleared for the 17th.
You can discuss this competition over in the Competitions forum.
- The competition is open to bit-tech readers in the UK.
- Emails must be received by Tuesday, March 13th at 11:59PM, 2007 to qualify.
- You are responsible for your own travel and incidental expenses.
- Two winners will be picked at random from the qualifying submissions.
- The Editor's decision is final.
- Questions can be posted in this forum thread.
- Your email won't go anywhere apart from our inbox, and will only be used for picking competition winners.