How I Became A Games Designer, Part Two

dmak 5th January 2008, 09:47 Quote
Congrates on the contract, after I read your first part of this article a while back I looked into your game, and in all honesty it is your game along with Ikaruga coming that have sold the Xbox360 for me. Personally its the arcade titles in my opinion that have made the system a big hit.
CardJoe 5th January 2008, 10:56 Quote
It really is great when indie developers start breaking out into the big time. It's even better when there are zombies involved.

I've really started to appreciate the Live Arcade etc on the 360 too. It's great that I can pay a couple of quid for a fantastic game like Golden Axe, The Dishwasher or Sensible Soccer and have hours of fun instead of being forced into paying 35 to 45 quid for a game which often doesn't have the same appeal. My girlfriend loves picking up those types of games too, so it makes the experience all the more rewarding.
acron^ 5th January 2008, 11:15 Quote
Congrats. You make it sound so easy.
C-Sniper 5th January 2008, 11:27 Quote
Nice column. Congratz on winning and for your contract.
<A88> 5th January 2008, 14:59 Quote
We had some guys from Microsoft come to our uni the other week to give a talk about the company, and one of the things they talked about was this competition. They demoed this game there and it was pretty damn impressive, if not a bit gory. People seemed to love it though :).
CardJoe 5th January 2008, 18:26 Quote
Originally Posted by <A88>

Lucky bugger. I wish I'd studied game design etc. Damn Linguistics.
acron^ 5th January 2008, 19:33 Quote
Games Design courses aren't as specific as you'd think. They tend to vary significantly from institution to institution and cover a lot of common sense material. James did an MSc in Computer Science which just goes to show...

If you wanna get into games, learn to program. The rest is just fluff.
Wolfe 5th January 2008, 20:09 Quote
Is there any way to run this game on a PC platform?
fathom17 8th January 2008, 09:34 Quote
Game design courses are crap. Dont teach you anything actually useful in the industry.