Gaming 27 - The PlayStation Ryvita

Posted on 15th Jun 2011 at 07:41 by Podcast with 8 comments

Podcast
Joe, Clive and Harry are joined by David Hing and sit down to help discuss the wealth of news that poured out of E3 2011 last week. This includes the unveiling of the Nintendo Wii U and the PlayStation Vita, as well as the release dates for Mass Effect 3 and Battlefield 3.

We didn't limit ourselves to just E3 announcements, though. A croaky Joe also let us know what the Duke Nukem Forever launch party was like, while the rest of us speculated about how the game would shape up. Check out the Duke Nukem Forever review to see how right everyone was in their predictions!

Gaming 27 - The PlayStation Ryvita Gaming 27 - Playstation Ryvita
Is the King still worth hailing?

After that, we go through the usual reader mail and competition details. As always, feel free to send in any questions you might have for us too.

The bit-gamer podcast features music by Brad Sucks, and was recorded on Shure microphones. You can download the podcast direct, listen in-browser or subscribe through iTunes using the links below. Also, be sure to let us know your thoughts about the discussion in the forums.

Whindog 15th June 2011, 08:00 Quote
hardware podcasts features music by.......thats nice to know, whats it for the gaming podcast?? :p .....HINT: I know its the same :D
Whindog 15th June 2011, 08:00 Quote
Ohhh....adn

1ST!!!!
arcticstoat 15th June 2011, 08:23 Quote
Originally Posted by Whindog

:P
Bindibadgi 15th June 2011, 09:11 Quote
YAY <3<3 gaming podcasts
.//TuNdRa 15th June 2011, 15:08 Quote
I'd like to point out the Ryvita uses a Tegra chipset, to my knowledge. ;3
Whindog 17th June 2011, 11:10 Quote
Answered my question again!!! :D

Bob Bopoltin.......thats so my new screen name...lol

Thanks Guys.
Toploaded 17th June 2011, 23:25 Quote
Can't wait for the PSV myself, and I actually have some faith Sony have gotten it right with this one (not that the original PSP was a failure, some rather flippant remarks in this podcast, although the psp go was a joke).

I think what will really help is this will have a good period of time in existence before the next gen consoles come out so it will be a true 'current gen' console in your hand, and the duel analogs will convince many FPS gamers that gave the PSP a miss to give this a try.

Devs certainly seem to think it's got a future looking at the backing it's getting. From what I read somewhere (I forget if it was confirmed or rumors) but I think Sony have made a lot of effort to ensure that it's pretty easy to scale and port from PS3 to PSV.

And good on them for the duel touch pads, this could turn out to be epic or a flop, but it's nice to see some innovation from Sony and I think means that the PSV will be able to handle both causal and hardcore games equally as well and better then any other platform, and at a very reasonable price (About half the price of a modern top end smart phone).
Canon 18th June 2011, 02:03 Quote
I enjoyed hearing a swear word instead of a beep for once, just thought I should drop that in there incase you want to fix that.