Free Games I like: Doodle God

Posted on 22nd Jul 2010 at 08:03 by James Gorbold with 20 comments

James Gorbold
As the resident weapons and demolitions expert in the bit-tech/CPC office I also have a fondness for blowing up/destroying/killing things in games too.

It came as quite a surprise therefore to find myself enjoying a game that doesn't involve any martial activities. The game in question, is a free to play Flash game called Doodle God.

You begin the game with a few base elements and are given the aim of discovering another 112 more through the process of combining existing elements together.

It's more than just a guessing game though, as the combination of the elements isn't completely random - a basic understanding of evolution, chemistry and how things are made will help you quickly and easily figure out which elements need to be combined.

Unlike a lot of Flash games Doodle God also has a quite a lot of longevity, thanks to the many possible combinations of elements. Apart from the scoring system, the game rewards you with appropriate quotations from significant figures in history whenever you discover a new element.

All in all, Doodle God provides a nice break from the hectic pace of killing that punctuates my usual gaming sessions.

P.S. I lied - you can kill things in Doodle God. Try combining the Hunter with an Animal and you'll see what I mean.

Noob4ever 22nd July 2010, 08:07 Quote
That game was fun :D
Lance 22nd July 2010, 10:20 Quote
Just to give another opinion.

I didn't like it, was very boring although some of the quotes very very nice to read.
Kiytan 22nd July 2010, 10:36 Quote
heh cool little game. Finally got everything (had to look up the last couple though, as some i was missing where a bit bizarre)
rickysio 22nd July 2010, 11:49 Quote
It was amusing until you had the last few to discover.
sotu1 22nd July 2010, 12:01 Quote
is this an educational sort of game too? as in, it uses real world elements? clever if it is...
Aterius Gmork 22nd July 2010, 12:06 Quote
Yep, all real. Like dragons, vampires and steam boilers.

Got all 115 of them, I want my 60 minutes back.
Meaty Pete 22nd July 2010, 12:26 Quote
DID NOT like this game really got very boring and I thought there would be more to it if there was just another aspect to complete it. Very repetitive but saying that I did complete the game which consumed a good couple of hours of my life.
So to conclude, it is the most addictive worst game I've ever played. Anyone else feel this?
Lizard 22nd July 2010, 12:38 Quote
Originally Posted by Aterius Gmork
Yep, all real. Like dragons, vampires and steam boilers.

Dragons are real :D
pimonserry 22nd July 2010, 12:39 Quote
Wow, surprisingly addictive!
alecamused 22nd July 2010, 18:45 Quote
I played the iphone version with 140 elements to discover and enjoyed it a lot.
Omnituens 22nd July 2010, 20:35 Quote
Shame no android version :(
Faulk_Wulf 22nd July 2010, 22:42 Quote
This is just like the Alchemy game my friend has on his Droid. That game has 500+ elements you can create, but this is a nice "PC version" in the mean time till I get my new phone next week.
Omnituens 22nd July 2010, 23:09 Quote
Thanks Faulk_Wulf, this is going to keep me going for... days.
shoxicwaste 22nd July 2010, 23:11 Quote
is game is sweet
Ross1 23rd July 2010, 15:34 Quote
so alcoholic + ship =/ pirate

this game is fail ;p
thehippoz 23rd July 2010, 17:58 Quote
oh I played something like this a while back.. I didn't like it- think minesweeper is more fun
docodine 24th July 2010, 07:56 Quote
The game was clever for around five minutes.
Material 24th July 2010, 15:01 Quote
This game destroyed my productivity...
robots 30th July 2010, 00:49 Quote
boring
kingjohn 4th August 2010, 21:56 Quote
the alcohol and pirates i get ,rum is alcohol and youd have to be an alcoholic to act like jack sparrow , also this could be why sailors got lost at sea with a drunk for a captain always shouting port port port .