Monkey Island released for iPhone and iPod

Posted on 23rd Jul 2009 at 10:30 by Alex Watson with 9 comments

Alex Watson
Before I leave the house each morning, I use my iPhone to check email - it's quicker to use my WiFi to download the message list than to try with spotty 3G on the train - and there was a message from Joe. He's just left for a well deserved long weekend on holiday. The message was titled: IMPORTANT.

He'd sent it at 7am this morning. Immediately, I wondered what was wrong.

Inside the email was this link.

Monkey Island released for iPhone and iPod

Yes, The Secret of Monkey Island is out for the iPhone, and it appears to be the same Special Edition - with the rejigged graphics and voice overs - as the desktop version we looked at last week. 351MB and £4.99; anyone tried it out yet?

Fod 23rd July 2009, 11:04 Quote
squeeeee! coool.
Jamie 23rd July 2009, 11:06 Quote
I thought there was a problem with the site when I got Joe's email.

Great news that it's come so quickly to the iphone/ipod touch. The graphics appear to be scaled back a little but that wont detract from the humor or gameplay.
mclean007 23rd July 2009, 11:09 Quote
two words - Awe. Some.
perplekks45 23rd July 2009, 18:03 Quote
And more money to spend...
But it's oh-so-worth-it!
wuyanxu 23rd July 2009, 20:55 Quote
downloading now. looks like i'll not be finishing MI1 on the computers.

350MB is a bit too much....... the biggest game i had was Texas Hold'em, and a few others around 50MB. most games are under 10MB.

looks like it's time to either delete music or buy 32GB 3GS........
ray0203 23rd July 2009, 23:50 Quote
I agree 350mb is quite a bit big. I really don't mind though, I love this game so I'm gonna download it in a little while.

Good thing I have my 32GB.
Hugo 24th July 2009, 09:08 Quote
It's absolutely fantastic and I am now very, very tired this morning thanks to getting maybe 3 hours sleep last night... coincidence of course.
Westovski 3rd August 2009, 11:19 Quote
It's small compared to Myst!
wuyanxu 3rd August 2009, 13:37 Quote
Originally Posted by Westovski
It's small compared to Myst!
saw that game as well, downloaded through iTunes but won't let me sync, saying not enough disk space even though i had just under 1GB free space